Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patters incessant need to lie about what is said..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DaBruinz, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +235 / 18 / -38

#50 Jersey

Patters, if you are going to quote me, it would be a good idea to not LIE...

No where did I mention getting rid of SOCIAL SECURITY or Workman's comp. Yet, Patters in his infinite ignorance lies and claims that I did. What I said was that social security, workman's comp and health insurance were all things that people like him IGNORE when they talk about "fair wages".

Patters you seriously need to work on your reading comprehension. Making up LIES about what others say is exactly why people can't stand you and how you give intelligent liberals a bad name.

BTW, this is also take from the same thread which you butchered:

Its amazing how you can totally go on some tangent that isn't even remotely close to being the truth.

The reality is that so many SMALL BUSINESSES have closed because they can't afford to pay the REQUIRED minimum wage and make a profit. Where is the money for the raise in minimum wage supposed to come from? The small business can't exactly raise their prices to compensate for the change in wages because the market won't bear it. And the market won't bear it because its already in a recession and people want to pay less for things, not more. So, the money comes from reducing the workforce. But you can only reduce the workforce so much before the business is no longer viable.

People like yourself, Patters, don't understand the cause and effect of raising the minimum wage. And because you don't, you have to make up lies about what people say to deflect away from your own ignorance.

BTW, on a side note, the reason you can't use the average income in the United States as a reason to say that minimum wage isn't hurting people is because you'll find that the upper end of the spectrum is where most of the income increased and that it offsets the lower end. As I said, you need to specifically look at the jobs where the minimum wage would have a direct affect..

The example that I gave is very common among grocery stores, department stores, and other jobs that are considered either unskilled labor jobs or jobs requiring minimal education.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Somebody needs a cookie.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

Another nail in the coffin, guess some folks do not read or follow the rules... or think they are better than the rules..
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

If you want to reframe your comments for the group at large and post them in a new thread, that's fine, but if you simply want to get into a pi$$ing match with me that's largely semantic in nature, then do it in a PM, and I'll respond.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.