Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patters I will keep going! You are making a mockery of yourself!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mgcolby, Jun 23, 2006.

1. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I am in the right here! Keep thinking it is a personal attack, that is fine. I find saying that someone is immune to the realities of losing a love one by beheading, because they have a couple of other children; disturbing!

Defend that statement!

I know you can't! You better hope you and Ian are close because this won't stop. You are defending a disgusting human being and I won't stop making threads until it is recognized!
  2. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Sorry Nem this is wrong and I can't! Mikey is dispicable and I won't accept someone I respect, defending him by closing threads!
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

4. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

McColby, I finally found something that I agree with NEM about, you need to let it go. You made a mistake by responding to Mikey. He is a bomb-thrower and you took his bait.
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

:rofl: Except the person you see in the mirror.
  6. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You definately made your point. Most everyone get's out of line and not everyone apologizes. You let everyone know, and we read it and commented on it.
  7. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I don't want to offend someone other than the people I intended! If you are offended by any of my statements in this thread then you have problems.

Sorry, Bluecollar you are a straight up guy!
  8. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

We have all of mikey's statements recorded, why don't we have a suspension?
    Who in their right mind can defend his comments?

Why ignore a divisive personality in our midst?
  9. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not offended by your statement's whatsoever. All I said people get out of line with their coment's not everyone apologizes. Look at the way I worded the pitts thread, I said education is terrible thing to waste on pitts, which was a slam, he friggen deserved it, although I would consider what I said out of line. Now if I was better educated ,Iwould have been more dignified with my response:D There is another poster that is constantly disrespectful to people and whole institutions, and he get's attacked somewhat for what he say's, and everyone get's to read it, right or wrong. I disagree with his wording, but at the same time he has the right to say it, as we have the right to point it out, then we move on. As you know, there's all kind's in this world.I say to you don't let him get your goat and find another wat to skin that cat,without having a forum shutdown, so that the rest of us ,you included can continue to learn about our world, and interact with us azzholes.. Sometimes being subtle in your wording has greater effects. Because we all read and the written word is powerful in getting your point across in many ways. We know, so mellow, partner, I understand, and I hope you do too.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +501 / 2 / -9

Children,
    I have children, I have grandchildren, I have great grandchildren, if I lost one of them I would mourn them for the rest of my life.

Mikey brings this all on by himself, it has now become a known fact that he can't wait to "REPORT" the death of another soldier in Iraq, he isn't alone in this country today, I have never in my lifetime seen the Hatred for one person like the Hatred shown to GW Bush (our president) by the Liberals in america.
    Liberals are shattering the myth that they are "Kind Compassionate Loving Caring People" they are simply put "HATERS".

Ignore Mikey, the way some of you Ignore me (I am a Neo Con)
    :bricks:
  11. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

MgColby,
    You have made your point.
    I cannot even begin to imagine the loss of a child, it is against nature herself for a parent to have to live through something like that and that loss is not lessened by the presence of other children. To claim that it is, is insensitive at best. I want to think that it was mistakenly made in the heat of the moment, and that apologies will be issued, because I doubt very much that Mikey is any less of an American than anyone else on this board. I cannot speak for him but I feel that he feels very strongly, he is geniunely hurt which is why he is vocal, and we all know that when we are vocal sometimes we do get carried away.
    Insensitive comments are made all the time on this forum and unfortunately, most of us are used to it. Most of us do not make a comment if the insensitive comments come from someone who shares our political leanings which IMHO makes us even more guilty.
    I am sick and tired of being called a terrorist sympathizer just because I am a liberal Democrat, just as much as a soldier is of being called despicable names just because he is following orders.
    MgColby, you have done an honorable thing by calling attention to insensitivity, let's make it universal, let's all remember that we all want what is best for our families, our loved ones, our country, our planet. We are not going to achieve any of those, not even credibility, by disrespecting each other, by displays of insensitivity, by mud slinging.
    I hope that your displeasure at Mikey's comments are a turning point in this forum and I thank you.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +501 / 2 / -9

A few weeks ago I made a comment on here, when the Bush Haters were on their "Troop Bashing" and were going after the soldiers for killing civilians someone asked "how do you shoot a young child" I FOOLISHLY responded "with a gun"

Do you remember the sh!t I took over that from the Liberals, I was wrong it was something that just came out. The same people that "Crucified Me" now make all kinds of syrupy excuses for Mikey (he is one of them).

Mikey purposely finds every Soldiers death he can than REPORTS it, he does it over and over again, he is probably brainwashed though most all of his links come from the NY Times they also "LOVE BAD NEWS FROM IRAQ".

Muslim Terrorists love the NY Times.

I was wrong Mikey when I made my "boo boo" and Nem let me know about it and Nem was right.

Now it's your turn Mike, I hope you can take the heat, if you can't get out of the kitchen, go sit in the bedroom, all you have to do is stop the "Death Notices" we are at war, people die in wars, Muslim Terrorists attacked America, America is now at war with Muslim Terrorists wherever they may be in Iraq or in Florida, if we don't kill them they will kill us, they have already done that if you remember (9/11).

The NY Times is America's "Al Jazeera"
  13. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I don't want to quibble on a more serious thread, but Muslim terrorists LOVE Bush even more..why?? Without Bush, their recruiting would be at a plateau..give them something to really fight against and Bush fills the bill. Sorry, but his tactics have a real nrgative outlook..feeds the terrorists even more.
    Also, Fox news may be the Al Jarzeera of the US..although maybe not as accurate. ALJaz may be less biased than Fox..so maybe the NY Times comparison might be more appropriate. It does keep the Arab world quite informed..and in many viewpoints..although you may not understand that.
    Funny how Bush or someone close to him ordered the bombing of AL Jazeera..a new low in the free world..."Bush's world"..sorry.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Mikey has nothing to apologize for.

Think of him as a liberal and more subtle version of Harry_Boy. I honestly fail to understand why Mikey upsets people so much. Yes, his posts about dead soldiers is a taunting way of reminding us of the true costs of the war. Just because those posts bother you, doesn't mean they are wrong to post. They're effective, and you don't like that. Whether it's by Al Qaeda, Mikey, or George W. Bush, there's nothing wrong with being reminded about the price of war, and spending a moment thinking of those soldiers. Their deaths are the best argument against the war.
  15. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I call bullsh!t patters. If thats how you think then you have more problems than we all had thought.

Mikey is only upset because it suits his politics. If he posted about deaths in Afghanistan or elsewhere then I could possibly see this argument but he doesnt. Its ALL political with him and many of you.

Dirty pool Patters, you're playing dirty pool and anytime you think you're losing the argument you close the thread.

Perhaps Ian should get some pms regarding this so the forum is closed if this is how its going to be in here.
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Turd, surely you didn't believe the political forum isn't political? Yes, liberals are well aware that if the war goes badly it will hurt the Republicans, but we are also well aware that wars DO go badly. Most wars go badly. They leave ruin and death in their wake. We cannot help the fact that when the war goes badly it's good for Democrats; that's just the nature of politics and human behavior. It was the same during Clinton's term, when they found cynical solace in his sex life.
  17. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're wrong here Patters and I expected better from you. If a thread is authored by Mikey ( or NEM) I ignore it. NEM's opinion is well known and I don't need to read twenty different threads saying the same thing over and over again. Mikey just seems to post to be outrageous, he adds nothing to the discussion and isn't worth my time.

People die in wars, that is what happens, it isn't what we want, but we are in Iraq trying to make the place a safer place. It may not be pretty, and it sure isn't perfect. It certainly is open to criticism about the way the war and peace have been waged and I have no objection to honest debate on it. Mikey adds NOTHING to the debate.

As for your comment that "their deaths are the best argument against the war", I guess you think we never should have opposed Hitler.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I never meant to imply that you should respect Mikey's posts (or anybody's -- even mine! -- for that matter). I think ignoring people is the way to go. If mgcolby ignored Mikey, we wouldn't be having this issue right now.

You may not like what Mikey adds to the debate, but he certainly adds something. What I don't like are these periodic threads devoted to individuals in the forum. I don't think that's what we should be discussing in this political forum, but my attempts to stop this discussion failed.

Sometimes we really have no choice.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +501 / 2 / -9

WAR IS HELL never forget it.

Do you Liberals really believe that if we pull out of Iraq that the Muslim Terrorist will put down his gun, pack up his bombs and go home to his Donkey.

God, please help us, these Liberal nuts will get us all killed if you, The Almighty let them.
    :bricks:
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

No Harry, I think most liberals believe we should invest heavily in diplomacy and foreign aid to try to win friends, while at the same time fighting an aggressive war against terrorism, but as policing and intelligence function, not a military function. Obviously, we need to stop terrorism, but war is not the way to do it.