Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patters and other mods..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 20, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Do not know how to email you or even sure who the other mods are, but you need to take a look at the Comments of Fogbuster.. he is here preaching his slanted religious views on this forum which seem to be in violation of the rules and this needs to be addressed. If I am wrong, I eat humble pie in advance, however as of now he seems to continue to use this forum in an effort to advance the teachings of his cult or religion, whatever he belongs to.

BTW how do you report this stuff if it happens again?? If this is innapropriate send this post to some seldom used forum or just delete it.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

You click on the red triangle thingie up in the right top corner.

3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He cant possibly be worse than 3 to be 4 and his endless bible bopping.

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Want some cheese with your whine...? The hypocrisy of your post is hilarious. This is a joke, right..? No seriously... come on, who is this really..? Danny Boy, did you hijack GJAJ15's user ID...? Good one, my man..!! You had me going for a second there..!!

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Everybody pushes their views religious or otherwise. If you don't like it don't read his posts.

6. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

whens the last time i told you to read a Bible, Turd?

in the meantime you've made continous insensitive/racist comments about many groups.

Have a nice day.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Many of the bloodthirsty sore losing "Bush Haters " are worse than Fogbuster but I like them, they like to speak what is rolling around in their heads whats wrong with that, if any of you don't like what Fogbuster posts DON"T READ IT, they do it to me all the time most of the people on this forum don't pay any attention to my sh!t at all and it isn't because I post gibberish it is because I speak the truth.

I have often told the young people in my family "don't waste your time and money going to college come to my house, open up a bottle of wine then just sit and listen to me talk".

Hear The Lonesome Whipperwill
    He Sounds To Blue To Cry
    The Midnight Train Is Whining Low
    I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

I'm Coming Home Lord
    :bricks:

8. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Just ignore him, man. Sticks and stones can break your bones...

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

So long as his religion is related to political stuff, it's relevent.

10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not yet, Harry. There's more for you to do. More later.

//

11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

I think it's difficult to separate politics from religion. In fact, as an atheist, I'm not really sure what the difference is except that one involves more belief in the supernatural (for lack of a better word). But, also, beyond that, issues such as gay rights, abortion, death penalty, and social welfare have a powerful religious angles.

I think the important thing for religious folk to do is make it clear if they are posting something based on religious doctrine as opposed to their own personal evaluation of an issue. Just as one might state, "As a liberal, I believe ...." or "As a conservative, I believe" religious folk should state, "As a member of the such and such Church, I believe...." That might help avoid misunderstandings.

But, over time we've had conservatives and liberals express concern about the inclusion of religion in this forum. I think it's an issue worth exploring, but really it is a difficult issue to deal with.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Patters, you're acting like a Democrat... :D take a stand... you run the show...

there's another forum for sermons... why can't the holier than thou post their ramblings there?

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Jesus Saves.

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The truth *is* hard to bear. Not everybody can handle it.

//

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

I have taken a stand. I've always felt it's okay to discuss religion in this forum. But, I do feel that people should be honest about it when they're discussing it. I think for the most part people are. Also, if most people are against discussing religion, then come up with a rule that works. I don't think it's easy, especially given that the basis for opposing abortion and gay rights is often on religious grounds and the basis for supporting government programs that help the needy or opposing the death penalty is often religious too. As far as sermons, do you really expect the moderators to evaluate every post and distinguish between which parts are sermonizing and which parts are making political points? I think there's a lot of overlap there.

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, and especially those spell-binding fire and brimstone stemwinders from Whoopi, Swayze, and Rob Williams! Real knee-slappers, they. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

//

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, i guess, once again, despite widespread outrage, the Christian Right bafflingly wins... hooray!!

very well... Fog can preach and merge God with every political topic imaginable... though i doubt he's convinced a single opponent here of his point of view...

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

I don't really see why you think the Christian right wins. At least two of the religious people in this forum are quite liberal on most issues. Fog can preach and merge God with every political topic, but by doing so he invites criticism of his belief system. I've certainly criticized Reverend Moon in my discussions with him, and we've had some spirited (so to speak) discussions. I don't like it when he talks about the need for a strong father, without making it clear that's derived from his religious thinking, but I don't think it's over the top. That said, I'm not against a new rule, but it's hard to formulate one that will work. If you have a suggestion for a rule, propose it, and we can vote.

19. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

But Orr knocks in the rebound.:D

20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

I'm with Patters on this one. I expressed my displeasure way back, when 3tobe4 started threads that were 100% religion oriented. At the time I thought the political forum should be kept to politics. Since I think a religious forum has been added. However, I think there is a difference in adding a religious element in a reply, to a post, versus starting threads that are solely about religion. If you don't like Fog's (or anyone's) reply to a thread, then just skip over it. Lord knows (doh! pun intended :D ) I do that with most people. If he starts a thread that is not politically relative, then it should go in the religous forum. That a person uses religion as a means to quantify his life should not be censored, or discriminated against. If one leads his life by the bible, Quran, or the Spaghetti Monster's recipe book, then his perspectives pertaining to politics will have religion mixed in.