PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patsfans Mock Draft Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you guys get this all lined up and need it stickied let me know.

Sounds like a good date to me Bakes compensatory picks should be in by then or soon after.

I think they are announced at the annual meeting. Per nfl.com:
March 21-24 -- Annual owners meeting
I'm good with that as a start date

We won't have to worry about comp picks til the 3rd round anyway so if we wanna start sooner thats fine. For now how do we feel about trades?

We won't have to worry about comp picks til the 3rd round anyway so if we wanna start sooner thats fine. For now how do we feel about trades?

I vote No Trades.

any teams left for this old dog? :)

ETA: Someone should bump last years mock and figure out which of us had the most draft picks pan out in '09. I cant seem to find it.

Last edited:
any teams left for this old dog? :)

ETA: Someone should bump last years mock and figure out which of us had the most draft picks pan out in '09. I cant seem to find it.

yeah the 2 teams without a 1st round pick. Bears(no 2nd either) and Panthers

I'll take The Panthers... or both if needed.

I also vote no trades.

Give me Pittsburgh.

It's the only one on there that I can pick on time with.

I've done this a couple of times. When my pick is at night-time for us Brits, I just PM my picks in order of preference to someone and they pick whoever is left.

Let's shoot for Saturday, March 27th

Good idea. That gives us 3 weeks to plan. As Detroit's GM, it would be remiss of me not to look at those WRs with great stats... :D

i'd like to have trades just for the sheer fun value of it all but if everyone is against them i don't mind to much

Looking back on that I picked the DROTY Cushing as the Texans. :beersign:

Nice pick. Cushing and Texas were the perfect fit. He always wanted to play for a Texas team as a kid.
I got Andre Smith 10 picks later than he actually went (got him at 16, he went at #6 to the Bengals). He didn't do much because of foot injury. But I did get value for the 'mock' Chargers.

I also got Shonn Green 13 picks later than he went. He had a monster playoff game for the Jets, propelling them to the AFC Championship game, and apparently making Thomas Jones expendable. Expect to see a lot more of him in 2010.

BTW I correctly predicted the LDT Fade, and thus took a RB for them a year early. Would have set the Chargers up perfectly for 2010 with a backfield of Greene/Sproles - Thunder/Lightning.

Next Steal I got - Darcel McBath at #113. He was drafted in the SECOND round with pick #48 by the Broncos. That's 65 spots! Yeah, I'm all about the VALUE picks. :)

Last edited:
I've done this a couple of times. When my pick is at night-time for us Brits, I just PM my picks in order of preference to someone and they pick whoever is left.

Had a go last year and got messed up a few times in the process.

Will do more this year.

As I said b4 I'm all for trades as long as it's limited to this year's draft picks only.

Nice pick. Cushing and Texas were the perfect fit. He always wanted to play for a Texas team as a kid.
I got Andre Smith 10 picks later than he actually went (got him at 16, he went at #6 to the Bengals). He didn't do much because of foot injury. But I did get value for the 'mock' Chargers.

I also got Shonn Green 13 picks later than he went. He had a monster playoff game for the Jets, propelling them to the AFC Championship game, and apparently making Thomas Jones expendable. Expect to see a lot more of him in 2010.

BTW I correctly predicted the LDT Fade, and thus took a RB for them a year early. Would have set the Chargers up perfectly for 2010 with a backfield of Greene/Sproles - Thunder/Lightning.

Next Steal I got - Darcel McBath at #113. He was drafted in the SECOND round with pick #48 by the Broncos. That's 65 spots! Yeah, I'm all about the VALUE picks. :)

Two years ago, I took Chris Johnson in the 2nd round for the Titans.. Of Course, I also took Harvey and he was been a bust for the Jaguars.

Looking at the pro days we could probably get away with starting on the 20th without missing many of top prospects. Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes