PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patsfans Draft Forum Heresy: Belichick values the 40 in WRS far more than 3 cone or short shuttle

Very instructive post. Thanks you. FWIW, Josh Boyce had a 1.54 split, and Kenbrell Thompkins 1.56.

My biggest question would be that there is often a big disparity in the 2 reported 10 split times, with no "official" times. Kevin White had a 1.55 as well as his 1.66. Even JJ Nelson had a 1.63 to go with his very fast 1.50 split. Kevin Smith had a 1.56 and a 1.63. But this is a very interesting idea. Again, thanks.

I have no idea how they measure the thing. For all I know the difference in these times could be whether someone crosses the 10-yard-line in mid-stride or happens to have a leading footstep break the plane. Maybe some old guy with an analog stopwatch that needs glasses to drive is timing all this from the stands and that's how we get the numbers we use.

I just know that if I were a scout evaluating receivers for this offense, I'd want guys who could get going really fast and then change direction, as Tom Brady doesn't chuck up a lot of fly routes. And the 10-yard-split is probably the best way of "measuring" how quickly guys get going. When I look at the receivers the Pats bring in that's what I think is happening.

Very instructive post. Thanks you. FWIW, Josh Boyce had a 1.54 split, and Kenbrell Thompkins 1.56.

My biggest question would be that there is often a big disparity in the 2 reported 10 split times, with no "official" times. Kevin White had a 1.55 as well as his 1.66. Even JJ Nelson had a 1.63 to go with his very fast 1.50 split. Kevin Smith had a 1.56 and a 1.63. But this is a very interesting idea. Again, thanks.

Tre McBride finished with the best 10 split, to throw more gas on your binkie fire. I am not sure if they just choose the lower of the two numbers, but 1.51 is pretty quick either way.

Well, he won the 10 split for all receivers over 160lbs that is.

Tre McBride finished with the best 10 split, to throw more gas on your binkie fire. I am not sure if they just choose the lower of the two numbers, but 1.51 is pretty quick either way.

Well, he won the 10 split for all receivers over 160lbs that is.

Depending on how you interpret the 2 times, guys with interesting 10 splits would include:

Tre McBride: 1.51
Nelson Agholor: 1.53
Antwan Goodley: 1.53
Rashad Greene: 1.53
Stefon Diggs: 1.54
Phillip Dorsett: 1.54
Kenny Bell: 1.55
Tyler Lockett: 1.56
Devin Smith: 1.56

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes