PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patsfans Draft Board/Team Board

gobesmug

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hello fellow patsfans. Insomnia has taken hold of me this night, but has left me thinking of a board cooperative challenge. I hope I am able to convey my idea properly.

I propose that we take on the role of being scouts and create a draft board based upon the collective value of the draftniks on this board. I'm calling out you Mayo, OTG, Manxman, and all the other fine posters that make this such an easy place to lose hours a day reading.

In addition to a draft board, I would like to propose a value system placed upon the current roster and potential FAa. I suggest a point value of 1.0 to 9.9 be used.

I figure if we could come to agreement on value for each player at each position, we could make better mock drafts based upon value.

If this board is interested in undertaking what would be a vast project, I would think creating separate threads for each position would be ideal.

For instance a thread on QBs could like this.

IMO
Roster
T. Brady - 9.6 - Used to be a 10 in his prime
R. Maller - 7.1 - Based upon his value to the team and system

FA
M. Cassell - 7.4 - Based upon past experience in this system

Rookie BMS FP
AJ. McCarron - IMV (Immediate Value) 6.0 - BMS (By mid to end of season) 6.5 - FP (Future Potential) 7.0

Then all other posters interested could share their values based upon what they have scouted and eventually a value for each player would exist based upon the consensus of the majority.

Is anyone interested in this idea?

Sorry, but I don't have time to give this full attention right now. I'll take a good look overnight.

I think it's a really interesting idea, but I see difficulties in making it work.

1. It could take us half a week coming to a consensus on Mallett's value for example, never mind Cassell or any other FA.

2. There are two schools of though when addressing the draft on here. I tend to be focused on what I think the Patriots will do, whereas Mayo, Wilfork75, Everlong and OTG, for example are more focused on what the Patriots should do. Both views are legitimate but I'm not sure how the two viewpoints can be reconciled.

3. If anything was to be attempted, a round grade (top 40, definite first round, 2-3 etc) would be easier to manage than a numerical grade.

4. Perhaps a easier challenge to accomplish would be to start a different thread for each round and then find a consensus on who should be stacked into that round.

Not trying to be negative, I think you've come up with an interesting project that has some practical difficulties. I'm certainly very open to these sorts of projects though.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back