PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patsfans Contest: Best Sign for Jets Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats your best come back?? I take it you havent reached puberty yet and ill give you a pass and promise not to make fun of your spelling anymore.

That's nice of you.

I'm not so nice.

It's "That's" and "I'll" and "haven't"- not "Thats" and "ill" and "havent"

Oh and there's this one as well.

At least your being honest.

I'm going to show a little mercy here to help save you from future humiliating situations.

Try to understand the proper usage of the word "you're". It is a contraction, or a combination of the words you and are. Other examples of contractions include doesn't, they're, and can't.

"You're a good friend." ("YOU ARE a good friend.")

"I don't know what you're talking about." ("I don't know what YOU ARE talking about.")

Now let's try to understand the proper usage of the word "your". The word your is the possessive form of you, referring to something that a person has, or something that belongs to the person in discussion [or, the person you are talking to].

"Is your stomach growling?"

"Your book is on the table."

Take a look at some examples. Each of the following examples shows an incorrect use of your/you're, and why it is incorrect.

"I can't read you're handwriting."

Incorrect because the contraction for "you are" is being used as the possessive form of you. It should be replaced with "your". Would "I can't read you are handwriting" make sense?

"If your hungry, then you should probably eat something."
Incorrect because there is no possession in question. This should be replaced with you're, or you are. Would "If my hungry..." make sense?

"Your very smart."
Again, incorrect. The "very smart" does not belong to the person that you are talking to—this doesn't make any sense. Replace your with you're, or you are.

Keep in mind that, in general, the word your will never be followed by the words the, a, or an.

Remember that the word your will usually not be followed by an adjective [a word that describes], when that adjective is describing the person that you are talking to. In other words, saying "Your very kind" or "Your stupid" will never be correct, assuming that you are describing the person that you are talking to. However, there is an exception, as shown here:

"Your nice son brought me my coat."

Here, your nice is acceptable only because nice is actually describing the person's son.

TIPS:

Since you're is actually a combination of two words, it fulfills two very important roles in a sentence or clause. You're will always be the subject and at least part of the verb of any clause in which it appears.

Try to spell out your contractions as often as you can. Type or write out cannot instead of can't. Say I am instead of I'm. Say you are instead of you're. That way, you can catch yourself if you misuse "you're". For example:
"I cannot read you're handwriting." → "I cannot read you are handwriting."
It doesn't make much sense here, does it?

Try not to think that proper writing is strictly "academic". It makes you appear more intelligent. More importantly, it eliminates the risk of bad habits "slipping out" in situations where it is critical to convey properness, such as writing a college essay or a job résumé.

Just remember "You're not spelling your words correctly," and it all falls into place.

The apostrophe in a contraction replaces the missing letter(s). For example, in "you're" (contraction of "you are") it replaces the "a" from "are", and in "can't" (contraction of "can not" or "cannot") it replaces the "no" from "not".

While acceptable in text messaging, the increasingly popular "ur" should never be used in writing.

WARNINGS

There is another word, yore, that sounds just the same as you're and your.

Yore refers to times long past and isn't used often in casual speech.

Simple grammatical errors, such as incorrect use of your and you're, can harm how others perceive your credibility when they read your compositions. It is in your best interests to learn how to use these words properly.

Don't use "You" so frequently in a speech or conversation. It may be provoking.

Last edited:
Thats your best come back?? I take it you havent reached puberty yet and ill give you a pass and promise not to make fun of your spelling anymore.

Well if that was the best that you can do...go find your own little boy.

Look closely at lIkes. There is an L there. It's just hard to see.

Last edited:
(I'm actually waiting for the other shoe to drop and have it discovered that a Patriots fan, or Patriots employee had that banner flown!)

I read in the paper where it was a Pittsburg radio station that did this...:eek:

I read in the paper where it was a Pittsburg radio station that did this...:eek:

That's right up there with Anthony Smith (or JetsFan31 for that matter) guaranteeing a victory against the Patriots!

Nicely done unnamed Pittsburgh radio station!

:rofl:

Thats great how would you feel if someone posted a pic of your little girl next too a flying pig. Classless pat fans. Have some respect.

Oh you mean like class at giants stadium where your fans gather to yell at women to show their tits, thats classy

I've got a sign for all you Pat fans.

Gas to and from foxboro from Staten Island NYC - $75

2 Tickets to watch the pats/jets in foxboro - $590

Hot dogs, Beer, soda for 2 - $45

Watching the Jets END the Pats perfect season live - PRICELESS

LOOKING AT PATS FANS FACE EXPRESSION IN PERSON AFTER LOSING TO THE 3-10 JETS - EXTRA PRICLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm - touche'

I've got one you might enjoy:

Pathetically trolling another team's fan message board = $0

Having the guts to anonymously support a 3-10 team while thanking God your team gets to play the Miami Dolphins twice a year = $0

Attempting to defend a snitch coach from catcalls of Mangina, ManJudas, and my favorite, MangIdiot = $0

Claiming to be intellectually superior to others while at the same time demonstrating a command of spelling and grammar that would cause a 2nd grader to mock you?

PRICELESS!

Why are you so in to the jets that you put ****** jet fans with bags over their heads in your avatar, You chowds are a crazy breed

I've been enjoying watching the Jets pathetically lose week after week almost as much as I've been enjoying the Patriots win week after week.

I think its great that some Jets fans are smart enough and proud enough to be so embarrassed by their team and their coach that they'd wear bags over their heads! (yes, that's a compliment - a slightly backhanded one, but a compliment indeed.)

Speaking of which "Capone Kills" - I'm assuming that's a reference to what the Mob does to snitches like MangIdiot?

I love the irony of ManJudas appearing on the Sopranos only to become a snitch just a few months later, given what Tony typically does to snitches! I'd guess more than a few Jets fans have noted the irony as well?

Last edited:
There is no Man in Gini.

Fredo "But I'm smaht"
Eric "But I'm smaht"

Never bite the hamd that feeds you even if you are a Rat.

Last edited:
How about a Dr Seuss type welcome?...

The Rat In The Green Hat Comes Back

The best response for this post is that i feel bad that you have all this time on your hand to actually take the time out of your day and write an english book. Good for you champ!

Um - yeah, there's something called the internet that allows you to cut and paste these sort of things.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your

Don't try to flatter yourself - that backfired as well.

And while we are the Champs from 2001, 2003 & 2004, we're quite cognizant that we are not yet the Champs for 2007 even if you insist on crowning us as of now.

For your sake, I hope your team can play better than you can talk smack! You just keep digging your hole deeper and deeper and deeper....

But please - keep it up! I know everyone here is enjoying you demonstrate your superior intellect and grasp of the relevant issues.

Speaking of which, how's the report in Newsday that MangIdiot was breaking the NFL rules of not videotaping the sidelines sitting with you this morning? Are you going to apply the same standard you apply to Belichick to him?

And keep in mind, MangIdiot "broke the rules" - and not "the rules of the game" or however you justified that before!

I probably shouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response, should I?

There is no Man in Gini.

That is classic. I would love to see that at the game!

And speaking of Fredo, instead of a handshake, how about a Cosa Nostra Kiss on the Lips from Belichick to ManJudas with something serious whispered in his ear a la Michael Corleone to Fredo?

mike-fredo-kiss.jpg

"I know it was you Eric."

Last edited:
The Rat Pack

starring Eric Sinatrat

Someone take a Ratatouillie poster and put Mangina's fat head on there.

Fat slob. Go eat some more ho hos you overweight sack of trash.

PLEASE,:singing: PLEASE LET THEM PLAY The Godfather theme before kickoff!

Dead Mangini walking.

Get over it Belicheat is a crook and should get an * put on all his super bowls. enjoy.

You just wish your team had Super Bowl championships to put an asterisk by. :p (Yeah, I know you have one and when was that? 30 years ago?)

So basically your telling me your as stupid as everyone else except for the fact that you took the time out of your lousy day to copy and paste.

As for the newsday column, if you believe everything you read in the paper then i have a bridge in brooklyn on sale for you. And if it is true read the article a little bit better. Our camera (if this is true) man was not on the side line as yours was. Get over it Belicheat is a crook and should get an * put on all his super bowls. enjoy.

Umm - no. Let me explain it to you... s l o w e r.

Between the two of us, one of us doesn't understand proper use of the words "your" and "you're".

Care to guess which one you are? (Here's a hint - look in "your" quote above to see that "you're" an idiot for using "your" incorrectly even after someone spoon feeds you the correct way to use it.)

And its a "Bridge in Brooklyn "for" Sale". It's not "on sale"

And on the topic of JetsSpyGate - Denial is not a river in Egypt

(that last one I'm sure went right over your head... let me help again - The Nile is an African River. Denial is the state you're in... regarding your team, your level of intelligence, and your ability to talk smack without humiliating yourself and all the fans you represent. Got it?)

Last edited:
39 years .....

Sey's idea might come from a Manchester United song, which is sung to our hometown rivals, Manchester City. The song reminds them of the last time they won any of the competitions (it's somewhere around 32 or 33 years at the moment). Anyway, the song sounds like this and CONTAINS A LOT OF PROFANITY SO DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IF EASILY OFFENDED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfhsWTDFF2w

I have been told that song is a sh*tload of fun to sing, but my attorney advises me that I have never sung it (allegedly).

Are you delusional??? When did this happen? If this happen believe me that cheat you call your coach would have brought this to the NFL. But it didnt happen and your making up stories in your little pee brain head to justify what Belicheat did.

Look at least be honest. I am. I know the pats are a far better team then the Jets right now. I know chances are we are gonna lose this coming sunday. But dont sit there and try and trick yourself in thinking that your coach didnt try and cheat, or even justify it by coming up with lies. Get over it, he tried cheating and got caught. The Jets have gotten over it, in fact they dont even want to talk about it anymore. Looks to me you pat fans bring it up more then the media, with all these sarcastic remarks about "RATS" and "SNITCHING" Get over it the rest of the NFL has.

?
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...0,3978329.story

I had some sign ideas but thought I would just stand stoic through the game with my black trench coat mirrored sunglasses and a wire running from my ear into my jacket. 100 people doing this would be funny.

Then my tickets fell though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye