PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans.com Roll Call

Not a season ticket holder

Been a fan since I was 7 years old. First game I ever watched was with my grandmother, the AFC title game vs Jacksonville.

It begins.

Raised in the land of coffeemilk, quahogs, del's, buddy cianci's sauce marinara etc. Growing up, per my dad, every NFL team, other than the pats, sucked ;)

Now live in CT, where there are too many Giants fans.

Hi all! I'm looking for any member of a group called the sofa kings outta Boston? We met at a pats game in buffalo:)

I went to my first game ever this fall in buffalo and loved it planning to go to Gillette stadium next year!

New member here!!!

From Chlemsford, MA. First fell in love with football way back in 1992. Was a Saints fan then (The DOME Patrol linebacker core) and of course the home team.

Hard core Patriot supporter. Glad to be a member.:)

As Jay Z would say...

"Allow me to reintroduce myself! My name is..."

Keith "Sinista1"Hayes
City of Champions Brockton, MA.
Season Ticket Holder Since 1990

*Still trying to figure out why I'm in the "New Area"... LOL LOL LOL! Must have happened during the server changeover.

Born in Melrose, grew up in California. Southie attitude and California sense of humor.
I became a Patriots fan in 1976, watching the Patriots beat the Steelers and go on to the playoffs.
My first game watched at a stadium was in 1980 at Candlestick Park. I watched some new kid (Joe Montana) beat Steve Grogan. It was November and we had our shirts off for a beautiful blue day. The Boston TV station panned the crowd and then it was annonced on the scoreboard there were blizzard conditions in Boston. Place went nuts.
I have watched the Pats in Foxboro, Tennessee, Houston, San Francisco, Oakland, Charlotte, Miami (our home away from home)
Foxboro is the best stadium, Tennessee has the nicest people, Miami has the best looking chicks (mostly ours)
I took the name Southieinnc when I lived in North Carolina. I now live in Okinawa.

Hello - just joined out of NJ. Yeah, I know...bunch of Jersey guys showing up for some reason. lol Anyway- I grew up a Giants fan but for a few years I lived up in RI and followed the Pats during the Parcels, Bledsoe, Martin period.
I am a huge follower of Rutgers football, have a pretty in depth knowledge of the game(or so I try to convince myself) and plan to be a pretty active member of this board.

Howdy...I just moved to Colorado this year. I have always liked the Pats but now i have to declare my allegiance to separate myself from the Broncos fans, or as my granddaughter refers to the team, "the Donkeys".

:welcome:

:rocker:

New member here. Will go ahead and get it out of the way, yes, I'm a Tebow fan.

Will try to make this short. Grew up on SEC football and have been an avid fan of it for 35+ years. Three favorite teams are Georgia (where I grew up), Auburn (where my brother went to college and was only 45 mins away) and Kentucky (which his where most my family is from, and where I live now).

While I'm a fan of SEC football, NFL football didn't appeal to me the same way. I rooted for the Falcons when I lived down in Georgia, but after moving to Ky, with no "local" team, I never was fanatical about it. Definitely didn't have a single favorite team that I was enamored with.

Now, this doesn't mean that I didn't/don't spend every Sunday planted in front of the TV watching games, Monday and Thursday nights as well. It might not be SEC football, but it still beats the heck out of anything else that's on :).

Over the years of watching, there have been some NFL teams that I like, some that I tolerate, and some that I just absolutely despise. I mean, when Cleveland plays, I don't care who the other team is, they just became my favorite, unless it's the Giants or the Raiders, cause yeah, I hate them both as well. Don't know why exactly, it just is what it is.

I have pulled for the Pats a number of times over the years. Back when I was younger, it was because of the wicked cool Pat's logo:
new-england-patriots-original-pat-patriot-logo1.png

and the colors. Who doesn't like Red, White and Blue ?

Wasn't into them much during the Bledsoe years, probably because I just didn't like Bledsoe. Can't remember why that was, but again, it is what it is.

The past decade or so ? Mainly pulled for the Pats in the SB, especially when they were playing the Giants. Did I mention that I REALLY HATE the Giants ? Again, not sure why, but it is what it is.

Brady ? He's an interesting case as he has a number of things working against him. Biggest problem for me is that he played at Michigan, and good lord, let me tell you, I HATE THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN. Seriously. My favorite color is blue and my favorite vegetable is corn (maize), but I still HATE THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN.

That said, the dude can flat out play, and that earned my respect long, long ago.

(A quick aside, it was a similar situation with Tebow (and Urban Meyers too). Both were at Florida of course, and that means I hated them both as I was from Bulldog country. So, right from the get go, I had no love for either Tebow or Meyer. For Tebow specifically, after he committed to UF a and at the beginning his freshman year, I kept wondering what all the damned hype was about. Then, the next 3 years of Tebow happened. Somewhere along the line, while he and Urban ran roughshod over the SEC, I began to develop a healthy respect for them both. Right after "The Promise", I was like "WTF" and got a good laugh out of it. Later, I was like "Damn". Ok, enough of that, back to the regularly scheduled programming. )

Then we get to The Dark Lord, the Evil Genius himself, Bill Belichick. I've forgiven him for being associated with Cleveland. I mean, how can you not like a guy that wears a freaking hoody on the sidelines and looks like Emperor Palpatine ? The fact that he's inarguably the smartest and most creative coach in the NFL certainly doesn't hurt. What I really like about him is that while most other coaches seem to have looked down on the college game over the years, Belichick has been fishing those waters for innovations for years. I like a guy who says "Fark conventional wisdom, I'm going to do what I think works."

Anyways, as I said, I'm here because of the Tebow signing. Hopefully he'll make the roster and I'll be pulling for the Pats this season regardless of whether he plays or spends the season carrying a clip board and bringing Brady some Gatorade. Obviously, I'd love it if Bill and company figure out a way to use him in games this season. But, it won't bother me a bit if he spends the entire year or two or three learning and developing as a QB.

As one of the post May Day enlistees, I am a Tebow fan but I'm also a Spikes fan and a Hernandez fan. I'm a native Floridian and have been a Gator alumnus since the mid sixties. I dormed with a bunch of the 1st stringers and even bumped into fellow classmate Steve Spurrier on a few occasions. I'm one of those that lives for SEC football and my Sundays are usually reserved for offshore fishing chasing pelagics. I'm not a rabid fan of the NFL and other than the fins in the early seventies, I haven't watched much NFL ball, lost all interest when Marino showed up.

After Gainesville I did a tour in the Corps and got to visit wonderful enchanting places in Southeast Asia. An exciting journey but it was also hazardous to your health. Since that wasn't enough to fulfill my need for adrenaline, I raced in the SCCA for several years and dedicated 17 years to volunteer firefighting. Now that I'm older but not much wiser I've slowed my intake of adrenaline. I still follow all of the SEC games and of course my Gator games, which usually require a trip or two each year to the Swamp.

So Why am I here, I've followed Tim since he was a freshman and was impressed with his work ethic. The fact that he won games helped as well. When Tim went to Denver I followed his progress but never participated in any of their forums except to read the game day threads to see how the games were going. We didn't get much Bronco coverage here in sunny FLA.

Wasn't pleased with the trade to the NYJ and since I never was a fan of Manning it made it worse. I made the mistake of joining TGG with hopes of chatting with others about the team. I had to immediately take a defensive stance and realized that there were very few on that forum who would tolerate us "Tebots" as we were branded. Now I'm not very religeous and could write volumes on the art of cursing ( I was a Marine platoon sergeant) but I felt that a public forum was no place for profanity. When I questioned the moderators as to why this was allowed, I was threatened with banishment for critcizing their policies.

This forum appears to be a much friendlier place and I applaude the mods for sticking to their forum rules. When I was reading the Bronco forums I noticed that quite a few New England fans would participate in the discussions. They were friendly and polite and for the most part were treated likewise from the Bronco fans. This was definitely not the case at JI and TGG.

In conclusion I will probably get my post count up to ten to view posted urls and then lurk as I'm not an avid statistics fan but rather like the game. By being a member I can get some inside information on whats going on without having to listen to the circus on ESPN.

SF

Yet another Gator fan checking in.

Sad knowing AHern will no longer be a Patriot.

Love the city of Boston, have a ton of friends there. (Any Boston Burner's frequent these parts?) Love BB's no nonsense approach, and have followed from afar since my love of football began in 2000. I don't claim fandom to any NFL team, I'm still a ravenous football fan of college, arena, and the pro's.

Favorite Pats:
O- Tebow
D- Ninkovich(love how this dude plays) followed ever so slightly by Spikes

I'm a programmer that works on football games and love being able to read/discuss ball with good peoples.

from Virginia
not a season ticket owner
been a Patriots fan since I met Gino Marchetti in 1969.

Hello from Indianapolis! Being a Patriots fan doesn't go over very well here, but here's my story . . .

I never used to pay much attention to football because I didn't understand it. I'm a basketball and hockey junkie. Then in late January 2006 I met the man who is now my husband. Our first date was on the following Sunday (which I thought was kind of odd) and he took me to Damon's and asked the waiter to seat us near the big screen TVs. How romantic! I quickly realized it was Super Bowl Sunday and the game was getting ready to start. The first thing I asked Steve was "Who's playing and who are we rooting for?". He explained that his team, the Patriots, weren't in it so he was pulling for the Seahawks. "Ok, so what color uniforms are they wearing?"

Over the summer we got to know each other really well, and when the season started again, Steve made it a point to teach me all about football (Patriots football, to be specific). Now I'm hooked too. We even spent our second anniversary, in 2010, at the Patriots training camp! I used to go to Boston on business trips and it was good to go there again.

It's good to be here. Looking forward to the coming season.

Refugee from the soon discontinued ESPN Patriots board. Checking out this and other places to chat with Pats fans, will settle on one or two, don't have time or attention for more. Or for trolls and bs flame wars for that. Already saw one such thread (Harmon draft pick) in my first visit to this board, if I see too many more posts like that I'll be an infrequent visitor.

Mostly living in DC now although still have ties to New England and spend a fair amount of time there. Occasionally venture to watch Pats games at sports bar meetups, more often enjoy splitting Dish and Sunday Ticket with my landlord. If folks on here are in the area and know good places to watch on big screen please shout it out, I'd be up for joining a good group of fans sometimes.

Saints fan here checking in from Baton Rouge, LA. I've been a Saints season ticket holder for 7 years now. I've always respected the Patriots organization and I believe that the Saints and Pats' organizations have a lot in common as of late. I joined this site because I'm a regular in Boston (my sister goes to school there) and I love chatting football with Pats fans while there. I'll be making the trip in October. Looking forward to a great time as this will be my first time at Gillette Stadium. Don't be too harsh on me! lol

Hey everyone! My name is Manny, I'm originally from NC, now living in VA, and while I've always liked/respected the New England Patriots, I became a HUGE fan about 3 years ago. I'm quite sure that I speak for everyone when I say that I'm VERY ready to see the Pats win another Super Bowl! I don't think I'll ever get completely over the losses to the Giants in 2008 and especially 2012 (hate to even THINK about those games), but winning championships again would certainly help, and it would be so sweet to actually come out on top against them for a change!:rocker:

I'm looking forward to posting more and getting to know everyone!:)

Avid Pats fan from across the pond. Been a fan for over 20 years and will finally be coming over to Boston for my first game in the US in October. Have seen the Pats twice at Wembley, but can't wait to get over there and experience everything a home game has to offer.

Yes - I'm a Season Ticket Holder, 4 tkts
Went on waiting list in 1992 or so, finally got the call in 2011.
Pats fans for about 22 years or so.
I go to a few games each year, but can't drive to all of them of course.

Dave

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back