PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans.com = fellowship of the miserable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsgo

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This is turning into a place for the negative, worrysome, and speculative. Relax, this is football. Enjoy the moment during this run.

Re: patsfans.com=fellowship of the miserable?

I agree. The end of the world hasn't come. The Pats will do very well and besides, it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

This is turning into a place for the negative, worrysome, and speculative. Relax, this is football. Enjoy the moment during this run.

Higher expectations = greater room for disappointment. I take a lot of pride in being a Pats fan, esp. after all the low times. I also take a lot of pride in the types of players that have gathered in Foxboro recently, which is why Rodney's act hurts so much: it makes New England look like any other team.

Listen, I know it was dumb to think that all Patriots were good guys and that the team was compiled with better people than on any other roster, but after the days of coke use in New Orleans and flashing a female reporter, this franchise had grown into something to be proud of. I know he's only one player, but it's not like he's a punter taken off of waivers who had little to do with the team.

It's more than unfortunate. Injuries are unfortunate, because they can't be helped. This is stupid and thoughtless, and for me it will have repercussions throughout the rest of the year.

As far as the worrisome fans, I think we all just want the team to win again because these types of runs don't happen often in sports history, and if they don't take advantage now, we might have to wait another 30 years like the Steelers did.

Happy Happy Joy Joy... :D

Right! It's football season! :rocker: :rocker:

Let's be happy for that.

Last edited:

Higher expectations = greater room for disappointment. I take a lot of pride in being a Pats fan, esp. after all the low times. I also take a lot of pride in the types of players that have gathered in Foxboro recently, which is why Rodney's act hurts so much: it makes New England look like any other team.

Listen, I know it was dumb to think that all Patriots were good guys and that the team was compiled with better people than on any other roster, but after the days of coke use in New Orleans and flashing a female reporter, this franchise had grown into something to be proud of. I know he's only one player, but it's not like he's a punter taken off of waivers who had little to do with the team.

It's more than unfortunate. Injuries are unfortunate, because they can't be helped. This is stupid and thoughtless, and for me it will have repercussions throughout the rest of the year.

As far as the worrisome fans, I think we all just want the team to win again because these types of runs don't happen often in sports history, and if they don't take advantage now, we might have to wait another 30 years like the Steelers did.

Happy Happy Joy Joy... :D

He aplogozed and will serve his punishment as dictated by the NFL. This was not steroids - you need to let it go.

It's only football...

"Fellowship of the Miserable?" Because in the last 18 hours we've gotten this Rodney stunner, the Baugher assault thing, the Moss story on PFT and the Daily News Belichick misstep? Give me a break. There's a lot of dark happening all at once and we're trying to grapple with it.

It's not like we're MAKING UP things to be concerned about. THEN you'd have a case. It just so happens that there's a lot of BAD STUFF happening all at once.

With today's media, this pile of crap will be fertilizer by next week after the next 8 million over-sensationalized stories get reported!

"Fellowship of the Miserable?" Because in the last 18 hours we've gotten this Rodney stunner, the Baugher assault thing, the Moss story on PFT and the Daily News Belichick misstep? Give me a break. There's a lot of dark happening all at once and we're trying to grapple with it.

It's not like we're MAKING UP things to be concerned about. THEN you'd have a case. It just so happens that there's a lot of BAD STUFF happening all at once.
you need to get yourself some more hobbies

Me, as a 30 year season ticket holder am looking very much forward to this year.

Why, Harrison has been injured so much, well, maybe this is good luck and he will be healthy toward the end of the season -- and in the playoffs. We will be there. I was wondering why they were playing Meriwether so much in the last preseason game. Now it makes sense -- and the kid looked good. He is our future. And we will be OK.

As far as Moss, I just don't see him being released. No way Jose. Brady has been singing his praises -- just don't see it. If it happens, it will be injury related and with Stallworth and Welker on board it will still be a much better situation than last year. But I just don't see it.

As for the other "stuff", you know when you are at the top of the heap you are going to be talked about, criticized, bad-mouthed, etc. It goes with the territory. I will take it anyday over being at the bottom of the heap.

And the best thing this year is our depth. It is just incredible. We are going to be just fine.

Actually, all this other stuff can be talked about,and will soon be forgotten. What concerns me is our schedule. In spite of our talent, it is going to tough to win home field advantage. That is something that we should be concerned about.

Other than that, this team is the best we have ever had. No matter what happens, it is going to be fun to watch the Pats this year. FUN, not doom and gloom.

And you know what? All the negativity on this board sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. Tony Eason isn't walking through that door, friends. Eugene Chung isn't walking through that door, and Hart Lee Dykes is not walking through that door. And if they did, they'd be old and gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes