PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans.com BEST OF 2008 Nomination thread: Best Offensive Play/Best ST Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As before, 48 hours (or so) to nominate plays.

For this one, you can nominate for both Offensive AND Special Teams plays, although they will be separate categories for voting.

BTW--my definition of "ST play" is any play that involves a kick or attempted kick. (In other words, Cassel's pooch punt is a ST play.)

The Matt Cassel to Randy Moss pass in OT,but it did not deserve the win, still was the best play of the year..

ST- Ellis Hobbs KO retrun against the Raiders..

The Matt Cassel to Randy Moss pass to send it to OT,but it did not deserve the win, still was the best play of the year..

ST- Ellis Hobbs KO retrun against the Raiders..

I fixed your post for you.

I am going to go with Cassel to Moss from shadow of the goal posts vs the Chiefs. I believe Cassel's first completion.

&

ST- Ellis Hobbs KO retrun against the Raiders

I'll nominate the Randy Moss one-handed catch down the sidelines in the second Miami game... the Patriots catch of the year, and it set the tone for that game.

Even though it's not "pure ST", I have to formally nominate Cassel's quick kick in Buffalo. That was just BB flexing his coaching brilliance muscles for the umpteenth time... the perfect call in the perfect situation to seal away a must win game.

On offense, Cassel's TD pass to Faulk vs. the Rams. The pass to Moss vs. the Jets was a better overall play, but the fade to Faulk was the game-winner and therefore gets the nod.

ST play was definitely Cassel's punt - great call, great execution, great use of the elements (watching six Pats surrounding the ball and shuffling to the one-yard line makes me chuckle every time). :D

I nominate Matt Cassel's punt in the Bills game.....is that considered ST or offense.

I fixed your post for you.

I am going to go with Cassel to Moss from shadow of the goal posts vs the Chiefs. I believe Cassel's first completion.

&

ST- Ellis Hobbs KO retrun against the Raiders

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes