PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats workout Gohlston

not a chance Gholston falls to the pats.

As a certified genius, a member of MENSA, and a student who got a 32 on his SAT, i would say Gholston falls before 7; for all intensive purposes.
Is this a joke?

they said the same thing about Meriweather, Moss, Dillon etc. Patriots will draft good football players, and McFadden is a good football player so he will be in consideration.

"ChickenLegs" McFadden is a guy who disappears when the pressure is on. Also, he's got some off the field issues that have teams backing away from him. Its why, I believe, that Atlanta went out and splurged on Turner rather than take McFadden in the draft.

McFadden = Reggie Bush Jr. aka Mr. I can't hack it by myself in the backfield.

The Pats use more of a RB by committee approach they use two backs usually, McFadden would certainly upgrade Morris and Faulk is getting old. Dont think it would say anything about Maroney hes not going to be the only RB carrying the rock no matter who is here.

Yes, but with Morris and Faulk both under contract for another 2 years, there's no reason to waste a $40 million contract on an over-rated McFadden. McFadden isn't all that and there are more pressing needs on this team.

Yes folks, Keegsie is joking. The all 'intensive' purposes is a forum joke.

"ChickenLegs" McFadden is a guy who disappears when the pressure is on. Also, he's got some off the field issues that have teams backing away from him. Its why, I believe, that Atlanta went out and splurged on Turner rather than take McFadden in the draft.

McFadden = Reggie Bush Jr. aka Mr. I can't hack it by myself in the backfield.

loool ok, if i tell you someone is a stud you should listen, i can spot studs and scrubs like a shark can smell a drop of blood in the ocean miles away.

Yes, but with Morris and Faulk both under contract for another 2 years, there's no reason to waste a $40 million contract on an over-rated McFadden. McFadden isn't all that and there are more pressing needs on this team.

no Morris isnt all that and could be upgraded.

it is a forum joke, aint it?

i'm sorry but i just can't help but say that line....

When the one guy said it and then was corrected by another poster it was funny.
When the guy who said "intensive purposes" then tried backpedaling and justifying using that phrase i almost peed my pants laughing.

"no no no, i meant that the purposes are intensive":rofl:

Does anyone remember what thread that was?

In my opinion, that thread was right up there with NEM's anti-Charlie Weiss and anti-Josh McDoogle threads.

Awesome stuff.

(if the intensive purposes guy is reading, im sorry but i can't help it. I'm not a very mature person)

no Morris isnt all that and could be upgraded.

It is impossible to replace every backup and bit player with "studs." We can debate the merits of McFadden all night, but it is not smart, neither monetarily nor in the scheme of fielding an NFL team (sans XBox), to put McFadden on this team based on the value of his contract or the role he would have replacing a player like Morris.

That's not even getting into the fact that McFadden is a decidedly different type of runner and player than Morris.

Gholston will be the Pats first pick this year. Whether they have to move up to select him or if there able to stay put at 7 and draft him, Gholston will be the selection.

Gholston is GONE by pick 7 - In fact several mocks have him going #1 to Miami

oh, well if several mocks have him gone before pick #7, then its a done deal...no need to work him out then.

Who do those mocks have us taking then...we should have those guys in for a visit.

Although it is unlikely Gholston will fall to the 7th pick, stranger things have happened. A month before the draft two years ago, people would have thought it was crazy that Mario Williams would be the #1 pick. The draft isn't an exact science and there are always teams that make picks out of left field and with one of the people picking before the Pats being that crazy old coot, Al Davis, who knows what will happen?

Personally, I hope the Pats can trade down, but if Gholston is available at 7, he will be hard to pass up.

Why not trade up two spots and leapfrog the Jests??

It is impossible to replace every backup and bit player with "studs." We can debate the merits of McFadden all night, but it is not smart, neither monetarily nor in the scheme of fielding an NFL team (sans XBox), to put McFadden on this team based on the value of his contract or the role he would have replacing a player like Morris.

That's not even getting into the fact that McFadden is a decidedly different type of runner and player than Morris.

he would replace Morris initially but would not be a backup more like a split carries much like we did with Dillon and Maroney and everyone was raving how good that combo was. Faulk and Morris are both over 30 and are gunna need to be replaced soon anyways, if you have the opportunity to draft a player of McFaddens calibur you do it and worry about how the details play out later. Having two quality starting RBs on the team is something i wouldnt mind having, its not even close to comparing it to replacing a backup guard or something with a stud.

Last edited:
Ahhhh - just love the forum police.

Get a grip - as we get close to draft day, no reason draft posts cannot be in here.

I do agree now that we are a little over a month away from the draft that draft talk is no longer a fringe discussion topic and the primary top for all Pats fans and deserves to be discussed on the main board.

I propose that draft discussion should be fair game for this board from now until at least a week after the draft.

vgholsonrh1.gif

378356.jpg

364090.jpg

344078.jpg

actually, "for all intensive purposes" first appeared on Rats Insider years ago, from the peculiar world of Ray Ray 19...some other all time faux pas's include..

don't have a canary......no coronaries in his family, obviously

Ray Ray1 - Mar 13, 2008 12:31 pm (#2135 of 2344) Reply

You were a whistling gypsy right before FA started imploring Parcells to open up the team's wallet

...and he ain't just whistlin' Dixie either

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back