PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats workout Charles Rogers, Kevin Johnson and Jabar Gaffney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just 'eventually' : who do you prefere between the 3 ?

Johnson... I never liked rogers

Last edited:
Rodgers has admitted to smoking marijwana. He has already served a 4 game suspension and is likely in the substance abuse program. 1 more positive test or missed test and its an automatic 1 year suspension.

I really wouldn't want to pick up Rodgers. He is bad too the clubhouse and has never lived up to his potential. I'd probably take Kevin Johnson out of the 3

Just saw an interview last night with Rodgers. Seemed very immature to me, I'd stay far away from that one. Gaffney looks to have the most upside.

italianpatthepatriot said:
just 'eventually' : who do you prefere between the 3 ?

Gaffney. We don't have enough Florida receivers on the team. IIRC he was in the same year as Caldwell and maybe he just needs a chance of scenery and some decent coaching and a QB who has time to throw the ball which he did not have in Houston....
Just my $0.02,

I have an acquaintance who works in the Lions organization. He said that Rodgers was the laziest athlete he has ever seen. I don't know this person very well, but his observation does seem to line up with everything else I'm reading.

I'd like to see Gaffney in here.

We seem to be leaning toward taller, bigger receivers with the comparable speed as the two in question, Rogers is a bad fit for us, I would go with Gaffney.

GJAJ15 said:
We seem to be leaning toward taller, bigger receivers with the comparable speed as the two in question, Rogers is a bad fit for us, I would go with Gaffney.

And he's 4 years younger.....

Gaffney 6'1" 205 DOB 12/1/80
Johnson 5'11" 195 DOB 07/15/1976

only 'emergence list' or real potential interest ?

I wonder why now...picking one up in the bye week to get ready for the run at the SB??? is CJ NOT ready??I wonder the timing seems odd....

Pats726 said:
I wonder why now...picking one up in the bye week to get ready for the run at the SB??? is CJ NOT ready??I wonder the timing seems odd....

i was thinking more or less the same...

Pats726 said:

IMO this is just the annual Rolodex building that the Pats always do to prepare for the inevitable injuries further into the season. Don't we currently only have 4 WR on the 53 which includes old Troy and Rook Chad?
The FO boy scouts are at it again, "always be prepared" :p

italianpatthepatriot said:
only 'emergence list' or real potential interest ?

Let's hope the first if the best of the three is a guy who couldn't make it onto the Eagles' roster. They're not exactly the Bengals when it comes to wide receiving talent.

i used to think Gaffney was goo till i heard a lot of Eagle TC talk

1. He was very slow to pic up the system
2. He dropped a lot of balls

not only did reporters say that..and not only did he get cut because of that but a few people that actually went to TC and watched preseason game said it alsso

out of those. give me Rodgers. give him a chance..#1 overall pick whos been ina horrible organization..if BB feels he can revive himself..im all for it. he was the next randy moss that played for horrible team(#1 overall pick) and never really had a QB(Harrington). Hes fast..tall. idk bout his hands now a days but i would give him a shot like i said when he got released

Pats726 said:
Doesn't seem particularly odd to me. We only have four WRs on the roster and we always seem to have five or six.

And one of the four has been questionable all year.

I would think it even more odd if they were NOT looking for one more WR

brady2brown said:
Doesn't seem particularly odd to me. We only have four WRs on the roster and we always seem to have five or six.

And one of the four has been questionable all year.

I would think it even more odd if they were NOT looking for one more WR

incase injuries. we also work someone out now a days. and SP maybe.
Gabriel
Caldwell
Brown
Jackson
Smith
^last weeks active. drop Smith..and either sign 1 of these guys or bring Bam back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots