PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Work Out Two QBs and Six Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBronxPats14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots hosted eight players for a workout on Tuesday, according to a league source.

Notable names in the group include quarterbacks Curtis Painter and Stephen McGee, as well as cornerback Chris Carr. The team worked out quarterback Mike Kafka last week, and currently has just two on the active roster -- and none on the practice squad.

The other five players who were brought in for a workout were: safety David Caldwell, defensive end Jeff Charleston, wide receiver Jamel Hamler, wide receiver DeMarco Sampson, and defensive end Monte Taylor.

Why the hell would ANY team in the NFL want Painter at QB?

He is beyond horrible

Why the hell would ANY team in the NFL want Painter at QB?

He is beyond horrible

BB prepares for everything.

In this case I guess he is preparing for a pandemic infection that kills all QBs on Earth who do not suck.

If that happens, Painter is on the rolodex.

:D

DeMarco Sampson is an ex-Cardinal. I think he was our 7th round pick last year (6th or 7th round) from San Diego State. He had a great camp and preseason last year and made the 53 man roster, but couldn't translate it during the regular season. This year, he didn't really standout during camp/preseason (had a big fumble in the preseason finale) and was beat out by Laron Byrd - an undrafted free agent this year who was our annual camp/preseason breakout WR.

Sampson has some talent and has value in special teams -- would be nice to see him land somewhere.

Curtis Painter ...... ugh! :confused:

I think he's there if the Pats need an extra tackling dummy. :)

Seriously, though, he doesn't have PS eligibility(*), so I can't see him being signed. For that matter, neither does Stephen McGee, so I'm fairly sure that's just "tire-kicking."

(*) I accidentally typed POS eligibility. :rofl:

I think he's there if the Pats need an extra tackling dummy. :)

Seriously, though, he doesn't have PS eligibility(*), so I can't see him being signed. For that matter, neither does Stephen McGee, so I'm fairly sure that's just "tire-kicking."

(*) I accidentally typed POS eligibility. :rofl:
Curtis Painter = POS ;)

Yup! I know exactly what you were thinking!

The other five players who were brought in for a workout were: safety David Caldwell, defensive end Jeff Charleston, wide receiver Jamel Hamler, wide receiver DeMarco Sampson, and defensive end Monte Taylor.
Damn BB! You already have six defensive ends on the 53 man roster!

Carr could be worth the look. If I recall, he was pretty promising for the Ravens, but got derailed by injuries. I certainly have flashbacks to that miserable playoff game a few years back . . .

DeMarco Sampson is an ex-Cardinal. I think he was our 7th round pick last year (6th or 7th round) from San Diego State. He had a great camp and preseason last year and made the 53 man roster, but couldn't translate it during the regular season. This year, he didn't really standout during camp/preseason (had a big fumble in the preseason finale) and was beat out by Laron Byrd - an undrafted free agent this year who was our annual camp/preseason breakout WR.

Sampson has some talent and has value in special teams -- would be nice to see him land somewhere.

Just have to say...Cardinals fans as a group are setting a record for being pleasant and informative visiting posters. (Maybe in the desert there are no bridges for trolls to live under?)

I wouldn't mind Carr for depth purposes. The only reason I can think of for adding Painter would be to secure the first overall pick in the draft should Brady go down for the season.

Maybe BB needed some painting done in the lockerroom or his office and he saw the name "Curtis, Painter" on his desk and brought him in to get a painting estimate!!!!

Seriously what the F#$k could BB possibly want from this waste of shoulder pads and uniform.........

Carr could be worth the look.

I had the same thought when I saw the list of names. They really need to begin realizing that Arrington is a pitiful cover corner. Damn, even on Wilson's interception the ball went right through Arrington's hands and, luckily, bounded off of his helmet high enough to allow Tavon to make a great, diving, interception.

Had the ball not been overthrown, the receiver had position on Arrington, in front of him, in the end zone.

Last edited:
I don't get all the Painter hate ?

If Belichick decides he needs to waste the season and get the #1 pick in the draft next year, Who better than Painter ?:D
BB always thinks ahead :p

I wish that Bill had worked out some OTs, FBs & LBs while he was at it.

Just have to say...Cardinals fans as a group are setting a record for being pleasant and informative visiting posters. (Maybe in the desert there are no bridges for trolls to live under?)

I think part of this just comes with the territory of being a Cardinals fan. There's so many transplants in Arizona, we're 100% used to dealing with a good number of opposing team's fans at each game, in our sports bars, etc and working our asses off just to keep a home-field advantage when a marquee team comes to town. Outside of the local fans who like to get drunk/find fights, the majority of us have grown quite accustomed to fraternizing with the enemy on a regular basis. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes