Pats work out Testaverde

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
According to Tom Curran.

LINK

Possible veteran presence and sounding board for Brady?

Lets all hope Tom isn't hurt, or we are looking at a high pick next year.

NE39 said:
According to Tom Curran.

LINK

Holy Crap Batman...Vinny can still run?...I'd rather have Kordell Stewart.

I'd rather have Rohan Davey or Michael Bishop. :( Ol' man Testeverde makes Bledslow look like Vick when it comes to mobility.

Intersting. Maybe they feel that they need a veteran presence at QB. :confused:
Otherwise I don't get it, and I hope Brady is not hurt.

NE39 said:
According to Tom Curran.

LINK

Why would Tom be hurt?

Testaverde has played, and excelled, in this system. Kordell Stewart, Michael Bishop and whatever other ridiculous suggestions that have been made - might be fun for you in Madden, but FYI, the Pats offense doesn't require a speedster at QB. Good Lord - clueless crap-fest, every which way.

It would give Brady someone else he can talk to on the sidelines, what the hell, sign him up.

Aha! A veteran, okay backup is what we've been missing since 04!
So this whole time it was Damon Huard who was the glue that kept our dynasty going!

They had Flutie last year. He must not have been interested.

I bet the first thing Testicles says to him is to stop crying and get rid of the man-purse.

Yeah Vinny Green-ball might be a good addition to this team... bummer about that whole "sucking" thing tho.

I heard they're bringing in Dan Pastorini tomorrow!

Vinny Intecepteverde...please!

NEM said:
This is the problem, IMO (from that article)

When you think about it, Brady is in many ways the elder statesman on that offense. He predates every player on that side of the ball except wide receiver Troy Brown and left tackle Matt Light and he's also working under the NFL's youngest offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, 29.

Everything I have seen out of Brady, off the field, indicates to me that he respects older men and the experiences they have gained over a lot of years in the NFL, and/or coaching elsewhere. He strikes me as the kind of person that will no open up, or discuss very much, with someone his own age who, allegedly, is in charge of making the decisions for what Brady will do, or will not do, on the field.

This, if true, IMO...is a big big problem that needs to be corrected....NOW, even if it means taking away the OC duties from McDaniels mid stream.......

I am far from being an expert, but I believe that the relationship between Brady, and McDaniels, is the problem.

One thing I noticed with interest Sunday night was, as the game approached it's denouement, there was a shot of Belichik on the sidelines wearing an expression that seemed to say, "This is not working".

But then, maybe that's just me and my imagination getting the better of me....

I think adding Testaverde for the leadership aspect would be great for Brady,If nothing else.Than for criticism, someone he can go to on the sidelines to get some advice from. Testaverde has never been THAT bad IMHO. He has done ok with his career.

Brady does need help with leadership!

With Brady practicing 8-10hrs a day with his new receivers, they are probably just looking for an additional arm so Brady can rest his some more!

PatsChick87 said:
With Brady practicing 8-10hrs a day with his new receivers, they are probably just looking for an additional arm so Brady can rest his some more!

Great point! I think the veteran, someone to talk to, ect... is part of it--but i also think they want someone to get reps in with the wideouts with the same kind of style as TB. I guess we will see if they sign him!

I hope they sign Testaverde, but what is it with this love for dinosaurs?

who is the QB coach this year or do they have one? I could see this more for Vinny T than anything. Who knows what work him out entails, perhaps they had him review film etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes