Pats work out Punter Kevin Huber

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted already.

Per Mike Sorio...

Top-ranked punter Kevin Huber is in demand from several NFL teams, according to a league source.

The standout University of Cincinnati punter has conducted private workouts with the New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles and the New York Jets. The Denver Broncos plan to work him out, too.

Following his Pro Day campus workout, Huber spent additional time doing specific drills at the request of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Eagles, Baltimore Ravens and New York Giants.

Huber will participate in the Bengals’ local prospect day on April 10.

Huber, who averaged 45 yards last season and placed 24 punts inside opponents’ 20-yard line, is expected to be picked during the second day of the NFL draft.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was posted already.

Per Mike Sorio...

I'm very glad to hear this. I've had the Pats taking a punter with Huber as my #1 candidate since January. I think we could do well to upgrade the position from Chris Hanson. Thomas Morstead (Patchick's choice) and Graham Gano (also a K) are other options, but I like Huber's hang time and ability to pin opponents inside the 20, both traits BB loves.

I hope we take a punter in the 6th-7th or UDFA.

The trouble with changing punters is that Hanson is the holder

for Gostkowski. The Pats have already changed long snappers.

The trouble with changing punters is that Hanson is the holder

for Gostkowski. The Pats have already changed long snappers.

People always cite holders & long-snappers as being irreplaceable and changing them is a big deal, etc. It hasn't been for the Pats in the past, and it won't be in the future. This is the NFL. There are enough qualified players to snap and hold. (Unless you're trotting James Harrison out there ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back