PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats work out Pat White at WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know how you fit this guy on the roster, unless he's also a real STer.

Don't get me wrong, sell Gutz down the river for him, especially if he is a genuine multiple threat player.

No thanks, I want Brady with the ball in passing situations at all times.

Steelers have a history of selecting QB/WR players: Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El, and Kordell Stewart.

Hey, whatever. I'm not gonna complain about any of it!

If they wanna look at White, as a possible slider, then god bless. I really really trust our coach, and front office

Pat White was making every throw and then some that any other QB was making at the combine, and yes, that includes Mark Sanchez. Don't let his height fool you, he can play the position and would be great as our #3 and he would ultimately free up a roster spot if he also grabs the last WR spot.

Pat White was making every throw and then some that any other QB was making at the combine, and yes, that includes Mark Sanchez. Don't let his height fool you, he can play the position and would be great as our #3 and he would ultimately free up a roster spot if he also grabs the last WR spot.

I was just thinking about that extra roster spot. Also, you can carry a third QB on a game roster, which would add even more flexibility. After thinking about it some more, this guy might be worth picking up in the Pats scheme.

I have no problems with the Pats drafting him (assuming it isn't too high) and putting him in at a lot of places including potentially a few QB gadget plays. The Jets get some decent mileage out of Brad Smith in that capacity. Why not?

Odds are he will be taken higher than the Pats are willing to take him, but if he can play WR and can also fill a spot as a back up QB and potentially special teams he is exactly the type of player the Pats like.

Pat White was making every throw and then some that any other QB was making at the combine, and yes, that includes Mark Sanchez.
Well, Ryan Leaf was making every throw and then some that any other QB was making at the combine, and yes, that included Peyton Manning.

Rohan Davey could make every throw.

Too many people get confused between being able to throw the ball and being a good QB.

Just as you need to be tall to be a great NBA center, but being tall in and of itself does not make you a great NBA center, in order to be a great QB you need to throw the ball well, but being able to throw the ball well does not in and of itself make you a great QB.

Pat White could easily be the next Michael Bishop.

I love it, you only have to carry two Qb's on gameday(which they normally do any how) and you get a little extra flexibilty at that position. Then you get the added bonus of watching a Qb cover kicks, love it. What if he's a body rocker on special teams.

Pat White could easily be the next Michael Bishop.

Or the next Antwaan Randle El. And he has more talent as a quarterback than Randle El ever had, and is a better athlete. Not only could he be a WR, but he could play as a RB from time-to-time and be in on gadget plays, and be the emergency QB, and return kicks. I could easily see the Patriots taking White with their final 2nd rounder. Randle El was a second rounder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes