Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats work out linebackers Orlando Ruff and Chris Claiborne

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DefenseRules, Aug 11, 2006.

1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
    Don't know much about either guy, but Ruff sounds intriguing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I didn't know Claiborne was a FA. It's too bad, he, like Gardner, seemed like he should have been a long time starter in the league instead of hanging on. I'm hoping to see something out of Gardner tonight.
  3. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Claibornes bests...120 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 3 INT's...I like that.
  4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

To all the "we're doomed" posters and worry warts, this is another example of BB/SP always working to put the best team on the field.

Neither one of these guys could be signed but the roster will continue to evolve over the next 4 weeks.
  5. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +592 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

Do you mean posters that thought we were very weak at LB?

If that wasn't true why would the team be auditioning players this late in preseason?
  6. hobbsownscoles

hobbsownscoles Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

its not like there not dealing with it is what he was saying
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +433 / 6 / -7

We're not weak at LB. We're just not deep. How many teams in the league have more than 3 or 4 quality LBs on their roster?

Answer: not many.

I don't think it's surprising that they'd try to get the best players on the roster prior to the season opener.
  8. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I love our management as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure you can laud them for simply bringing guys in for a workout. Pretty sure every team is doing this throughout August.

I'm just glad to see they are not turning a blind eye to total lack of depth/experience behind the starters.
  9. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +592 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

Well we have to start 4 in our offense. I'm not sure we have 4 NFL quality starters, that's my point.

Without Bruschi last year we had Vrabel, Colvin and McGinest and we stunk.

Subtract McGinest.

If you're satisfied that Gardner and Davis can stop us from being run over up the gut, you have more confidence than I.
  10. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +592 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

Actually, I hope you're wrong. I think most teams are looking to cut rather than add this time of year.

I do respect and admire BB and SP and hope they are looking to pick up bargains.

I know it's about more than resumes but damn it's hard to believe some of these guys couldn't help our depth or even start.

Without Bruschi your in denial if you think we can hold the fort at ILB with current personnel.
  11. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +162 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

No, if someone thinks we are "weak" at LB that an opinion. I don't share that opinion but it's their opinion.

I'm talking about the many post of the 'sky is falling" before we play one pre-season game. It's just not LB but the sky has been falling over our WR's, our DB's, our Kickers and who knows what else. And, the question is always, what are they doing about it???? As if they are doing nothing.

I'm saying that there is a long way to go before the season starts and BB/SP will be making changes,via FA's or trades. But, the sky will continue to fall with these people right up to the day we win another SB.
  12. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I want Claiborne BADLY. He is five times the player that Beisel is, and he is still young. Vrabel/Bruschi/Claiborne/Colvin with Beisel, Mincey, Gardner, Davis, and Banta-Cain backing up would be nice.
  13. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i think that Claiborne has been partially a disappointment in the Nfl

but probably, if he will join us, he will have another opportunity

i agree with Ray Clay anyway as i am a little bit concerned too (at the moment) about our lb situation

but, as correctly Patsnutme mentioned, we are in good hands with BB and SP at the helm and i am not worried at all when we will play for real (so: in 1 month not today in pre-season)

Go Pats !!!
  14. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +433 / 6 / -7

Claiborne has been a disappointment. All the talent, but I don't know if he's got the mental aspect of the game down.
  15. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Sure, easy for you to say.

BB puts his best players on the field, and then the airplane carrying Claiborne into Boston loses an engine over Gillette and the falling parts injure the entire team.

Look, it's bad enough that BB is so stupid he can't see what we can see clearly, and will not even read this pages to see how numb he is and make the necessary changes we point out, but why isn't he doing something to ensure planes carrying future team members not fly over Gillette. Just another example of his shortsightedness and failure to be prepared.

We're doomed.
  16. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Can't immagine that Ruff,or Claiborne wouldn't be an upgrade over Monty in the middle.At least give one of them a shot what can we lose? Over the years I've never undestood why BB won't bring in someone who might potentialy help.They can always be cut,the risk is minimal.
  17. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +162 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Now that you put it that way:scared:
  18. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Nobody seems ready to give Beisel a break. Sure, early on last year he sucked - but the entire 'D' did and he was new to the system. He really was playing decent ball by years end and I think he will play at a VERY high level this year. Sure, we still need to add a LB or two given Bruschi & Brown injuries.
  19. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +592 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

I haven't been here that long, but I'm sure you've seen me have a good laugh at the "we're doomed" people during early ridiculous free agent period.

I actually made a post here or the other place predicting they would look for bargain cuts late since there were no June salary cap cuts.

I hope that's the case since I honestly worry about our strength up the middle with current personnel.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  20. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Claiborne would be a nice addition. Former first round pick who has the body to play inside LB. Only 28!