PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats work ou Bobby Carpenter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...I wondered if they would...

Read somewhere that BB coached his dad in NY, so there is a relationship already with this org.

I just hope Parcells doesn't grab him at #18:eek:

everything I've read says he "lacks big upside" and yet the "negatives" are basically that he's occasionally too aggressive, undisciplined and has inconsistent technique/fundamentals.

We have the best LB coach in NFL history. He's just a little raw. He'll be ready to contribute this year and become a core player for the next decade.

I just can't see us passing on this guy.

GJAJ15 said:
Read somewhere that BB coached his dad in NY, so there is a relationship already with this org.
Yep, Rob Carpenter was a running back (and leading rusher) on a couple of the early Parcells Giants teams. That is his father.

J D Sal

Unfortunately, Bobby Carpenter does not inspire me....

Carpenter is a hell of a football player.

Gosselin...the top draft predictor at 87.7% accuracy predicts we are selecting Carpenter...so, even though there appear to be better picks...it's hard to not see us selecting him even though I'd rather see a DE/LB like Lawson.

F.B.N. said:
Gosselin...the top draft predictor at 87.7% accuracy predicts we are selecting Carpenter...so, even though there appear to be better picks...it's hard to not see us selecting him even though I'd rather see a DE/LB like Lawson.

That sounds good. I just hope he's not another Andy Katzenmoyer!

the taildragger said:
We have the best LB coach in NFL history. He's just a little raw.

I wouldn't call Belichick raw. True, he could use a little more experience, but raw is going too far....

(Just kiddin' you Taildragger --- you are a welcome addition to this forum!)

shakadave said:
I wouldn't call Belichick raw. True, he could use a little more experience, but raw is going too far....

(Just kiddin' you Taildragger --- you are a welcome addition to this forum!)

;) thanx shakadave!

always best to read each post a couple times before submitting! but I love that interpretation anyway.

p.s. I agree with your concern on another thread about increasing likelihood for injuries with Dillon (not just based on his age but his style as well)...I'm hoping/trusting he's good to go in '06, but what do I know, and obviously it's at least a concern for '07 and beyond. For all the talk about how bad the D was last year, a decent ground game would've made a MAJOR difference!!! In each game in which we were dominated -- SD, DNV, IND, KC -- the big media focus was on poor D, when the 3-and-outs were just as harmful (indy game aside perhaps -- that probably was a pure defensive meltdown). I might've been the only Pats fan alive who felt our D showed signs of strength against KC (shutting down an offense like that in the red zone would've been impossible a few weeks earlier), but that it was hard to tell because the O couldn't stay on the field (and TB couldn't stay off his ass). Seriously, if Dillon is consistently at 85-90% of what he was in 2004 the Pats will cruise next year...then again, I'll admit it's very hard for me to be pessimistic about the pats right now, but this does in fact seem to be a rational response based on their success and history of embarassing the doubters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots