Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pats beat Bengals (opener) and Baltimore

Jets lost to Baltimore (opener) and Green Bay

I like a rested BB game plan over the easily distracted, unfocused Ryan's = = = "Oh,, lookie, lookie, there's a butterfly!"

Last edited:
In the Jets' case, they just don't seem to be able to beat the top teams in the league. I don't know if it was the long rest. Granted not being able to beat the top teams in the league is still an advantage for the Pats since the Pats may be the best team they have faced and they are worlds better than they were in week 2.

In the Jets' case, they just don't seem to be able to beat the top teams in the league. I don't know if it was the long rest. Granted not being able to beat the top teams in the league is still an advantage for the Pats since the Pats may be the best team they have faced and they are worlds better than they were in week 2.
At least the QB is. :popcorn:

They beat us. The Jets are a great team and it's goiing to take a very good game to beat them.

They beat us. The Jets are a great team and it's goiing to take a very good game to beat them.

Yes, they did, but the Pats were not a great team in week 2. They are much better now. The Jets are still 1-2 against likely playoff teams. They still need to prove they can beat playoff teams.

This is a great point. I've thought all along that the 11 days was an advantage for the Pats but had not thought of the opener and bye week comparisons.

I wonder if it will make Fat Rexy do anything to change things up.

BB has given a significant amount of time off between games (4 days plus an extra 1). I haven't heard anything (much) from the media about who's showing up during the days off (I suspect most fo the team is putting extra time into film study).

I know everyone is dinged up at this time of year, but what else does BB have up his sleeve?

I don't count the first game of the season as a long break. But honestly this is a serious disadvantage to the Jets.

First, BB is a douche but he's also really good at preparing his team when given the time. If the Jets are gonna win it has to be in the second half after making adjustments because I don't think the Jets will be able to do much against a BB prepared team after a long break.

Secondly, The Jets seem to overthink during long breaks. They find a way to neutralize their talent advantages in an effort to stick to a script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back