PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats wins vs. NYJ+BUF+MIA wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmarkd400x

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
What are the odds that the Pats win total for this season is more than the sum of the Jets+Dolphins+Bills?

IMO, Pats win ~14. Jets/Bills/Fins each win maybe 4 games.

I say 1:1.

Jet schedule is too easy 7-9 wins right there.

Jet schedule is too easy 7-9 wins right there.

Have you watched the Jets play? The Bills game should have been a lay up. They were killing the Giants before a second half collapse. And the Giants are an average team at best. I don't think you can bet on 7-9 wins for the Jets at this point no matter how easy their schedule is. Here is their remaining schedule:

Philly
at Cincy
Buffalo
Washington
bye
Pittsburgh
at Dallas
at Miami
Cleveland
at New England
at Tennessee
KC

I don't see many teams on their schedule where I say the Jets are definitely better. The only team I see that they have a good shot at before the bye is Buffalo and they just lost to them. Eventhough they have the same amount of wins as the Bengals, I just don't think they match up well with the Bengals because they are built for a shoot out.

After the bye, I think they have a realistic shot at about 2-3 more wins assuming they don't improve. Pittsburgh, Dallas, New England, and Tennessee are clearly better than them. I think Cleveland and KC may be better than they are.

Here is their remaining schedule:

I should have put a bit more thought into my reply. Thanks for responding.

They should have beat the Giants who are a worse team IMO but they didn't.

Philly (W)
at Cincy (L)
Buffalo (W)
Washington (L)
bye
Pittsburgh (L)
at Dallas (L)
at Miami (W)
Cleveland (W)
at New England (L)
at Tennessee (L)
KC (W)

That's 5 more wins. Take away one of the "easy" teams and put them down for a upset of say Washington and you still have 5 more. 5+1=6

So my total of 9 is too high.

they are guaranteed at least 6 wins from playing each other

Somebody suggested this after week 1 or 2 and I scoffed. At this point, though, it's a surprisingly realistic possibility. Would anybody be shocked by the following season records?

NE 14-2
NYJ 6-10
BUF 4-12
MIA 3-13

Somebody suggested this after week 1 or 2 and I scoffed. At this point, though, it's a surprisingly realistic possibility. Would anybody be shocked by the following season records?

NE 14-2
NYJ 6-10
BUF 4-12
MIA 3-13

What is that 14 bull ****?! :p

NE 14-2
NYJ 6-10
BUF 4-12
MIA 3-13

I wouldn't be shocked. The way the Pats are playing nothing is impossible for them right now

I should have put a bit more thought into my reply. Thanks for responding.

They should have beat the Giants who are a worse team IMO but they didn't.

Philly (W)
at Cincy (L)
Buffalo (W)
Washington (L)
bye
Pittsburgh (L)
at Dallas (L)
at Miami (W)
Cleveland (W)
at New England (L)
at Tennessee (L)
KC (W)

That's 5 more wins. Take away one of the "easy" teams and put them down for a upset of say Washington and you still have 5 more. 5+1=6

So my total of 9 is too high.

No way they beat Cleveland. I think Cleveland beats them and is a better team. I think Cleveland is a better team then Cinci. Also depends WHICH Philly teams decides to show up. Good Philly or Bad Philly. If it's good, they struggle against them. That gives them a total of 4 wins by my count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes