PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will wear throwbacks in Weeks 3 and 6 of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. The wife wants to go to Italy some day. Italian Pat fan. I will have to pick your brain on where to go etc.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. The wife wants to go to Italy some day. Italian Pat fan. I will have to pick your brain on where to go etc.

many things to do and see: Rome, Venice, Florence, Siena, Pisa, etc. etc.

I know. Me, too!?!?!

That must mean I'm in my 60's? How's that happen?

Were you a Giants fan before the Patriots?

I followed both teams for a couple of years, but switched to Pats only by '65. (Though had the Pats moved to St Louis I probably would have gone back to the Giants.)

I still have a Boston Patriots bumper sticker my father wouldn't let me put on our car, and still have a few Mobil gas station giveaway drinking glasses from the 80's. Had a couple dozen, down to 5. Wish I knew where I could get more.

Count me among the orginals....my dad brought me to their very first game when I was 7!!

50 years of history- man oh man.

Count me among the orginals....my dad brought me to their very first game when I was 7!!

are you happy too, fgssand, to see finally Pat Patriot back ?

My dad started taking me around 76. I wish I could remember details, but I was just too young to know what was going on :(

well, you know I am :D

someone in another thread said that they have SAM BAM CUNNINGHAM throwbacks on the web. I need to find it for my next purchase.

i know it; i think i will purchase too again some 'throwback' material

i miss here a Patjew comment

if, Patjew, you will read this thread let me wish also Merry Christmas and i am sure that you are happy too to hear the Pats will play next season 2 games with Pat Patriot back; no doubt

If the Browns were pushed into NE TV, I missed it...maybe early 50s...as teh middle to late and beyond was ALL teh NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!! ANd I hated them with a passion...Jim Brown WAS my favorite player...an dit was amazing seeing him play....ALTHOUGH I must also admit it that the Unitas led Colts were also my favorite team...so seeing them take care of the Giants was also so so fun!!! The early Pats were great to watch...many many memories of watching and seeing live the Boston Patriots...ay BU, Fenway, where I saw many games as well as BC and Harvard stadiums.
The AFL...great league..ONLY made the NFL better though an dmore alive.

are you happy too, fgssand, to see finally Pat Patriot back ?

Hio Italian Pat Patriot and Happy holidays to you!!! I hope your Christmas went well and wish you a very Happy New Year.......

Yes indeed, the throwbacks will be great fun - I am really hoping. as I know you are for one home and especially, an all white away uni.

That red and blue and red stripe running down the legs of their away white pants bring back the earliest of memories for me....such as a streaking Gino after a catch or a great kick, or even are you ready - Art Graham!! Best of all in those days was the very underrated Jim Nantz, oh my what a star he would have been in this day and age.

Anyway, heres hoping for a VERY happy Sunday between Xmas & New years.

Do any of you guys remember WHY the Krafts dropped the Pat Patriot Unis? Was it to turn the page or to modernize the look?
I don't know any Pats fans who don't adore the old look....why not just switch back permanently?

Do any of you guys remember WHY the Krafts dropped the Pat Patriot Unis? Was it to turn the page or to modernize the look?
I don't know any Pats fans who don't adore the old look....why not just switch back permanently?

It was time for a change as sales of Patriot were lagging - as soon as the new "flying elvis" logo was introduced, sales skyrocketed.

Oh and by the way, as much as I love the old logo and uniforms - I'll take the NEW unis any day as they are the uniform of our dynasty!!

It was time for a change as sales of Patriot were lagging - as soon as the new "flying elvis" logo was introduced, sales skyrocketed.

Oh and by the way, as much as I love the old logo and uniforms - I'll take the NEW unis any day as they are the uniform of our dynasty!!

You make a compelling point. I guess the RED jersey with blue/white stripes just carries some sentimental value. At least we'll get to see them again!

You make a compelling point. I guess the RED jersey with blue/white stripes just carries some sentimental value. At least we'll get to see them again!

Yes indeed and it will be sweet.....

I hope they wear the Red Pat Patriots one. Those unis are badazz.

Orthwein was responsible for changing the uniform, kraft purchased the team the following year. It was a new direction, new era with the overhaul including new unis, new coach, new qb, and who could forget the Ray perkins new style of offense. Although the year they went to the playoffs and had 5 players with 5o recepts was entertaining.

my earliest memory were the pats with the red pants, they got to go with those.

Hio Italian Pat Patriot and Happy holidays to you!!! I hope your Christmas went well and wish you a very Happy New Year.......

Yes indeed, the throwbacks will be great fun - I am really hoping. as I know you are for one home and especially, an all white away uni.

That red and blue and red stripe running down the legs of their away white pants bring back the earliest of memories for me....such as a streaking Gino after a catch or a great kick, or even are you ready - Art Graham!! Best of all in those days was the very underrated Jim Nantz, oh my what a star he would have been in this day and age.

Anyway, heres hoping for a VERY happy Sunday between Xmas & New years.

thks all went fine-back now from Trentino and Garda Lake

snow and very cold...

concerning the 2 games with the throwbacks uniforms i would love to see 1 game with red jerseys and white pants and 1 vice-versa (white jerseys and red pants)

best wishes you too !

Against the Bills and Jets, according to Paul Perillo on PFW in Progress. He said the 8 AFL teams will play each other during those weeks. 2009 is the 50th anniversary of the Patriots and the AFL.

Dude, thanks for the information. Now I know I'm either heading up to Foxboro or I'm hosting my Patriot friends here at the Meadowlands in either Week 3 or Week 6 next season. Always good to know months before hand!

Hopefully for once the Jets go to Foxboro early in the year, I'm tired of always having the Patriots here for our Home Opener (3 or 4 years in a row now) because, well, I'm tired of losing our Home Opener. At least we stand somewhat of a chance in Foxboro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing