PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will trick us

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
They are going to run the table because their schedule is weak. People will think they are hot and on a roll. But once they face a good team its over.

Lets face it, brady has padded his stats this year against a couple of bad
teams. But he has too many 1-0 td games. The defense can only contain bad/mediocre qb's.
Mayo has become a non entity.

Wilhite and wheatley. Wilhite gets burned every game, wheatley just tells slater to stay in the endzone and taps him on the head.

Busey and ohernberger fall in the same category as every other ol we have drafted the last 4 years, they do nothing and get beat out by street free agents.

Taylor and springs were the big signings,taylor was always hurt before should of expected it,springs is never even active. Galloway is long gone.

If your a pat you only get extended if your mediocre. Kazcur, alexander, sanders-apparently you guys are the ones BB wants to build around. Wilfork we will miss next year. If you wanted an extension you should not have played so well.

As for our pass rush....just kidding everyone knows we dont have one. Qbs feel very comfy.

Pees has the creativity of a coloring book.

This year is headed to a similar path like 2005, where we knew they never had it. Maybe we get lucky and its like 2006, only to lose to the colts. Either way this team better make changes.

Busey and ohernberger fall in the same category as every other ol we have drafted the last 4 years, they do nothing and get beat out by street free agents.
Vollmer says HI in his southern, german accent.

Wilfork we will miss next year.
That, I don't want to think about. Although with the way teams throw over us who needs a NT anyway (kidding).

They are going to run the table because their schedule is weak. People will think they are hot and on a roll. But once they face a good team its over.

You could have said the same exact thing in 2001. Give these guys a chance. When you have BB and Brady, elites at the 2 most important positions, you will always have a shot.

I pretty much agree with what the OP said. However I am not convinced this team can run the table. Pats have not won a road game all year which is a cause concern. I also think next weeks games will not be easy, nor will the Texans game. On paper they should beat the rest of the teams. I honestly would not be suprised if the pats do not make the play-offs.

Bottom line is that Pats are an average team. The can beat up in weaker teams but when they play an elite team (Colts and Saints) they simply cannot win. No one who has watched this team all year can seriously think this team can win a SB. Remember back in 2002 when Priest Holmes exposed the pats defense as a team that cannot stop the run? Well Manning exposed the pats defense as a team that cannot stop the pass. This is hands down the worse pats passing defense I have ever seen since the BB era started.

Lets face it, brady has padded his stats this year against a couple of bad
teams. But he has too many 1-0 td games. The defense can only contain bad/mediocre qb's.
Mayo has become a non entity.

Wilhite and wheatley. Wilhite gets burned every game, wheatley just tells slater to stay in the endzone and taps him on the head.

If your a pat you only get extended if your mediocre. Kazcur, alexander, sanders-apparently you guys are the ones BB wants to build around. Wilfork we will miss next year. If you wanted an extension you should not have played so well.

while these all make me laugh it is entirely to true.

They'll probably throw in a playoff win, maybe two. Than you can just count on a last second melt down on defense.

I like how Brady padded his stats against that crappy team, the Colts.

They are 0-11 on the season. No wonder Brady had such great stats against them.

"This is hands down the worse pats passing defense I have ever seen since the BB era started"

you must have missed the 05 and 08 seasons.

Someone tell me how this team in a do or die situation when the playoffs arrive...IF this team makes it that is ,how they are going to contain the likes of Elite Quarterbacks in the AFC like Peyton Manning,Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers.....I don't see it,The offense better start scoring at will for them to win those future games.

wheatley just tells slater to stay in the endzone and taps him on the head.

This is good stuff, had a good laugh at it. There was one Saints kickoff where Wheatley caught it and you could kind of tell that Slater was like, hey man just leave the important stuff to me.

As badly as they played last night, there is definitely a good chance they go deep into the playoffs, even reaching the Super Bowl. Who in the AFC do they have no chance of beating in the playoffs? They have already outplayed the Colts in Indy and am not worried about a potential rematch. Cinci? Pittsburgh? Denver? They are all flawed teams. San Diego would be a tough game, but certainly winnable. One rematch I would not look forward to though in terms of being able to win would be New Orleans in the Super Bowl...but then, again as we saw in 2007, anything can happen in 1 game.

Bottom line is that Pats are an average team. The can beat up in weaker teams but when they play an elite team (Colts and Saints) they simply cannot win.

I guess you really don't know what "average" is in the NFL if you truly believe that the Patriots are an average team. Are you also predicting an 8-8 (or possibly 9-7) record for this "average" team?

As far as saying that they "cannot" win against the Colts, that's quite a claim given that a correct spot on a certain catch would almost assuredly have gotten the Patriots the win that you claim was out of reach.

Get a grip on reality. I understand that the Patriots are no longer Super Bowl favorites, but that doesn't mean the world is falling. The Patriots are a good team with flaws. I don't expect we'll win the Super Bowl this year unless some changes are made (or we start getting more breaks), but that's true for most every NFL team most every year.

I like how Brady padded his stats against that crappy team, the Colts.

They are 0-11 on the season. No wonder Brady had such great stats against them.

Logic? Who needs logic when you can wallow in despair. The Pats stink, should be 0-11 themselves, and the fact they have played 7 undefeated teams in 11 games (two on the road in the last three games) means nothing. It's all smoke and mirrors. No chance this team does anything. Fire the coaches, fire the players and start from scratch.

It does make me wonder - is the root of this mentality fans onboard on or after 2001 or the pre-2004 Red Sox fan mentality, that the team will find a way to lose even when winning. It definitely makes visits here after losses a genuine pleasure.

Logic? Who needs logic when you can wallow in despair. The Pats stink, should be 0-11 themselves, and the fact they have played 7 undefeated teams in 11 games (two on the road in the last three games) means nothing. It's all smoke and mirrors. No chance this team does anything. Fire the coaches, fire the players and start from scratch.

It does make me wonder - is the root of this mentality fans onboard on or after 2001 or the pre-2004 Red Sox fan mentality, that the team will find a way to lose even when winning. It definitely makes visits here after losses a genuine pleasure.
That pretty much sums it up. I really don't know why I visit this site after a loss. There are certain forum members that have plenty to say after every Pats loss, but apparently lack internet access during winning streaks.

Well Manning exposed the pats defense as a team that cannot stop the pass.

I don't know what season you're talking about because Manning exposed their secondary in '05. They've been below average since '05.

I agree with the OP, the Pats will probably win out and fool everyone on this board that the Pats are on a roll only to lose to the Colts (again).

Last edited:
As badly as they played last night, there is definitely a good chance they go deep into the playoffs, even reaching the Super Bowl. Who in the AFC do they have no chance of beating in the playoffs? They have already outplayed the Colts in Indy and am not worried about a potential rematch. Cinci? Pittsburgh? Denver? They are all flawed teams. San Diego would be a tough game, but certainly winnable. One rematch I would not look forward to though in terms of being able to win would be New Orleans in the Super Bowl...but then, again as we saw in 2007, anything can happen in 1 game.

Well back in 2001, the Pats got beat by an offensive juggernaut (the Rams) and had a rematch in the Super Bowl. I kind of like that outcome.

I wonder if the Colts board was like this when they got crushed by the Jags in Week 14 of the 2006-2007 season....and then went on to win the Superbowl.

There isn't a team we faced this year (aside from the Saints) that I thought the opponent dominated us. I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't mind facing the Jets, Broncos or Colts in the playoffs..........I'm still excited about this team and think they are as likely to go to the SB as any team in the AFC.

The defense was very bad last night, and sucked it up in the 4th vs Indy but look at it this way. We went into Indy in a hostile environment and basically dominated them for 55 minutes. Manning threw 2 picks and the offense operated very well even though the Colts secondary is decimated with injury. If not for that absurd last 5 minutes and if Faulk doesn't bobble that ball, everyone is talking about how great of a win the Pats had and how they proved they can win on the road and beat other elite teams. Instead, we lose that game in a crazy fashion and lay an egg v.s. N.O. and now all of a sudden the media is stirring it up as the Pats aren't a great team and can't win on the road. Hopefully this lights a fire under us, there is plenty of time to get this stuff corrected for the playoffs. I have a ton of faith in BB and TB.

Someone tell me how this team in a do or die situation when the playoffs arrive...IF this team makes it that is ,how they are going to contain the likes of Elite Quarterbacks in the AFC like Peyton Manning,Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers.....I don't see it,The offense better start scoring at will for them to win those future games.
one L.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots