PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will steamroll the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
im hoping for a massacre by the pats... to end the debate on who is the best team in the nfl... if we show this kind of performance, the next teams we face will feel like they are already beat even before the start of the kickoff... that would be scary... go pats.. go massacre..

Just watched the Colt Panther game on NFL replay. They did nothing that impressed me. In fact, Carolina gave them a field goal in the first half and Vinny threw a pick in the end zone. Colts did nothing special. Pats 41 Colts 23

I respect the Colts. This will be one hell of a game.

I can see any number of outcomes for this one.

I agree. I see a high scoring game between the NFL's two best offences. I don't feel comfortable predicting a blowout. I would, of course, LOVE it to happen but the Colts' offence worries me.

I hope the Pats are in a position to run up the score. If there's one team I want to completely embarrass on the football field, it's the Colts, especially in front of their own fans. Bill Polian is a piece of ****.

I believe the Pats will make a statement that last year's Conference Championship game was a huge hiccup, a mental lapse, and that the Patriots are showing up this weekend with a vengeance. And I mean "vengeance".

Rodney, Bruch, Sey, Vrabs, Junior, and most of all: Brady want to set the record straight as to who really is the class of the NFL.

Some Colts have said "we're going to see New England twice this year" and I think the Pats are going to want to make the Colts wish they did NOT have to face the Pats twice this year.

//

Just watched the Colt Panther game on NFL replay. They did nothing that impressed me. In fact, Carolina gave them a field goal in the first half and Vinny threw a pick in the end zone. Colts did nothing special. Pats 41 Colts 23

It was a road game after a Monday night road game. IMHO that's the toughest scheduling thing to deal with in the NFL.

With a healthy team this time (unlike before, when we were often missing key players), and an upgraded roster from last year, I feel good about our chances. But still taking them lightly is pretty silly.

Last edited:
I don't think the Colts have an Offense that can move at will. So far this season I have seen the Colts sucks in the first half of many games when they face a solid-great defense. However, by the 3rd and 4th quarter, the opposing team's defense is warn down (because their offense sucks, the D is on the field all day. Indy hasn't faced a good offense yet) and the Colts are able to move the ball more effectively because of it. That is why you see the Colts in a tight game through the first half, and then blow them out in the second half.

Now that the Colts have to face the best defense in football AND the best offense in football, they won't be able to do that. Our offense will be able to move the ball at will, which will mean our defense won't be on the field too long. If we get a lead (which we will), Manning simply won't get enough possessions to make a comeback.

If the Colts suck in the first half then why are these teams suddenly worn down in the third quarter?

See ya Sunday afternoon.

It was a road game after a Monday night road game. IMHO that's the toughest scheduling thing to deal with in the NFL.

With a healthy team this time (unlike before, when we were often missing key players), and an upgraded roster from last year, I feel good about our chances. But still taking them lightly is pretty silly.

I would tend to agree. While the professional football players on this thread may be taking us lightly, I doubt your team is.

Good luck. Hope to see you twice this year. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back