PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will steamroll Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
For out of towners without the Sunday Ticket, unless you live in Florida it looks like you'll need to head to the local sports bar to catch the Pats game.

2010 week 17 - Everything you need to know about sports on television - the506.com

Bill Macatee and Rich Gannon will be the announcers

For New England and most of the country the late CBS game will be Tennessee at Indy, the early FOX game will be Tampa Bay at New Orleans, and the late FOX game will be Chicago at Green Bay. Sunday night game is St Louis at Seattle; no Thursday night game and no Monday night game this week.

I'm thinking the same way I was thinking before the final game of the 2007 season. There was conjecture about what BB would do and I felt he would play it like a regular game that he had to win so the burden of going undefeated would not fall on Cassel.

Similarly, this year, there is the streak of Brady winning consecutive reg season home games. A less important streak compared to 2007 but still, I don't think BB will put that onus on the back up quarterback by pulling Brady unless the game is out of reach. I hope he plays to win but without exposing any injured players to further injury. 14-2 is better than 13-3.

I think with this young of a team, we have to play to win. Either way, I trust Bill to make the appropriate decisions and not be affected by last year's freak accident.

For out of towners without the Sunday Ticket, unless you live in Florida it looks like you'll need to head to the local sports bar to catch the Pats game.

2010 week 17 - Everything you need to know about sports on television - the506.com

Bill Macatee and Rich Gannon will be the announcers

For New England and most of the country the late CBS game will be Tennessee at Indy, the early FOX game will be Tampa Bay at New Orleans, and the late FOX game will be Chicago at Green Bay. Sunday night game is St Louis at Seattle; no Thursday night game and no Monday night game this week.

Been wintering in Florider south of Tamper and going to (Bears!) sports bahz ta see my Pats. Thankfully I can sit at home and watch Pats-Finz on my new 60" TV. Life is good!

Does this mean there's someone dumber in the eastern hemisphere? And if so, whom? :D

I hear Kim Jong Il is a Jets fan and thinks P Manning if better than TFB. :D

Last edited:
Does this mean there's someone dumber in the eastern hemisphere? And if so, whom? :D

Mods, please split into new thread :D:rocker:;)

Latest injury report: It Is What It Is - Pats Friday injury report: Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch, TBC, 2 others questionable

Hernandez, Connolly, Wright and Brace missed practice.

Connolly, Wright and Brace are listed as doubtful for Sunday's game.

One day after returning to practice from a hip injury, Aaron Hernandez was not spotted at the open portion of Patriots practice Friday outside Gillette Stadium. Also missing were Dan Connolly, Mike Wright and Ron Brace. Meanwhile, Wes Welker was limited but it was not injury related.

Hernandez was limited on Thursday while Connolly and Wright have been out with concussions. Brace suffered an elbow injury against the Bills on Sunday and has missed practice all week. The team practice on the lower grass field outside Gillette in very mild, sunny conditions. The complete Patriots report from Friday is as follows ...

Steamed fish?

Clam Crowder Roll?

Only thing missing is the Tuna. ;)

Jeff Howe gives his keys to victory, though he does point out that it is difficult to preview a meaningless game in which you have no idea who will start and how long they will play.

Patriots Key to Victory: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Rob Gronkowski Need to Crack Tough Dolphins Defense - New England Patriots - NESN.com - Jeff Howe

On defense Howe points to the Pats needing to contain WR Brandon Marshall, tackle WR Davone Bess, and contain RBs Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. Here are his keys for when the Pats have the ball:

4. Neutralize outside linebacker Cameron Wake
Once a situational pass rusher, Wake has emerged into a really good player for the Dolphins, and he torched the Patriots' line in Week 4. Wake has a league-high 14 sacks this season, and speed rushers have given right tackle Sebastian Vollmer big problems in 2010. The Patriots' top priority Sunday will be keeping Tom Brady safe, happy and healthy, and that starts with keeping Wake out of the pocket.

5. Utilize tight end Rob Gronkowski
The Dolphins have a pretty balanced defense, which is ranked third in total yardage, seventh in passing yards, sixth in rushing yards and ninth in points. They can be attacked over the middle, though, and Gronkowski could come in handy in that regard.

6. Work the ground game
Running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis is 72 yards shy of the 1,000-yard mark. It's likely the Patriots would lean on him in this game anyway, but the desire to get him to that milestone could cause him to get even more carries. When quarterback Brian Hoyer inevitably takes over for Brady, the importance of the ground game will heighten again.

The Pats did great with Clay Matthews. Wake won't be any problem.

Tom Curran has his take on the Pats - Dolphins game.

PATRIOTS VS. DOLPHINS | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

PATRIOTS 'O' vs. DOLPHINS 'D'

BenJarvus Green-Ellis needs 72 yards to get to 1,000, and two touchdowns to tie the franchise record of 14 rushing TDs in a season (shared by Corey Dillon and Curtis Martin). It's a tough defense to get that against. The Dolphins are third in the NFL defensively in yards allowed and give up just 94.5 rushing yards per game. Look for BJGE to get plenty of attempts before he most likely gives way to Fred Taylor to get the old fella tuned up for the playoffs. Miami only allows 201 yards per game through the air but has just 11 picks on the year – a modest total. Their best defender this year has been outside linebacker Cameron Wake, who leads the NFL with 14 sacks. He had his way with right tackle Sebastian Vollmer in the first Pats-Dolphins meeting. Miami's inside-linebacker combo of Channing Crowder and Karlos Dansby is solid, and young corners Vontae Davis and Sean Smith are a pair of big physical players. Tom Brady should get an early hook in this one, so it will be interesting to see how backup Brian Hoyer's performance is in his first extended play of 2010.

DOLPHINS 'O' vs. PATRIOTS 'D'

The Dolphins have gotten 1,388 yards out of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown this season. And they've gotten 18 picks from quarterback Chad Henne, who's failed to seize the reins of the Miami offense after ascending to the job. The Wildcat that once flummoxed the Patriots defense isn’t nearly the threat it once was. But the Dolphins still have an outstanding combo of complementary receivers in slot guy Davone Bess and beast Brandon Marshall (left). Brian Hartline and tight end Anthony Fasano are also weapons in the Miami passing game. The Patriots have been shaky against the run the last few games with injuries on the defensive line and the absence of suspended inside linebacker Brandon Spikes.

If the weather was going to be typical for January then I would saw that Miami would not even show up; the simply hate coming up here in bad weather. But this will not be the case. Who knows; maybe Miami will treat it like their Super Bowl.

Brady looked like he was hurting against the Bills; he should sit the entire game. And everyone else that has the slightest nick...

I don't remember hearing Julius Peppers' name a whole lot in the Bears game, either.

Karlos Dansby is out | National Football Post

Dansby and Anthony Fasano are both out for the Dolphins.

I don't remember hearing Julius Peppers' name a whole lot in the Bears game, either.

Peppers did get one sack, and he also got some pressure on Brady 2 or 3 other times that I remember, but you're right, he was quiet for most of the game and the OL deserves a ton of credit.

Wake is a speed guy though, and Light has struggled with speed rushers, so it'll be a different type of challenge.

They didn't do such a great job with Wake the first time around. I remember first asking myself, "who the hell is that?" about Wake in the first game, and then, "why can't they block that guy?! He's the only thing they have on defense!!" Hopefully, they've gotten sharper (and granted, now they have Mankins) on blocking guys like this. It would be more than a shame to have Brady taking a lot of hits in a meaningless game.

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall doesn't exactly give a ringing endorsement to QB Chad Henne or OC Dan Henning.

Brandon Marshall: Miami Dolphins receiver says he's "not sure" about Chad Henne - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

After toeing the company line all season, Brandon Marshall admitted Thursday he's "not sure" if he and Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne can become a great combination in 2011.

"We had some opportunities this year to get it done and we didn't do that," Marshall said. "I guess we have to evaluate what we've done this year and see where we can improve and see if we can become good before we can become great."

Marshall, whose string of 100-catch seasons appears certain to end at three, also seemed to issue a vote of no-confidence in offensive coordinator Dan Henning ("I don't make those decisions") while fully endorsing Tony Sparano ("Awesome").

When told Henning recently said Marshall's 11.3-yard average remains close to his career norm, the receiver denied that was his ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back