PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will have short week for Steelers and Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About as worried as I am that Merril Hoge will become a broadcasting legend.

Only Steelers, really.

Giants have same time as Pats (6 days) so there is no disadvantage.

Steelers will have 7 days to Pats 6, but so what?

I think the quality of the teams is more important than whether you have 6 or 7 days between games

i see us having a short week for the steelers cuz of the ravens monday night game...but the giants? why are they ashort week?

we play the fins 1pm on a sunday....week 16....i dont think the giants are a short week....

(wouldnt matter if they were if u ask me)

spacecrime, u beat me to it

i see us having a short week for the steelers cuz of the ravens monday night game...but the giants? why are they ashort week?

we play the fins 1pm on a sunday....week 16....i dont think the giants are a short week....

(wouldnt matter if they were if u ask me)

its a saturday night game.

It's a definite advantage for the Steelers, not just the short week but us being on the road for MNF before. But, whatever, the Steelers need to gain 3 games on us for the #1 seed; as desperately as I would love to go undefeated, the only things I worry about are the #1 seed and playoff games and it hard to imagine us losing 3 of our last 6.

I see no advantage for the Steelers since they have struggled on the road this season and are just plain struggling with inconsistency now. If we had to travel off a MNF game that would be a tougher matchup, but we are close to home for that game and home all week gearing up for Ben.

As for the Giants, as long as they have Eli they will be at a disadvantage wherever or whenever we play them. Plus we'll be coming off a home game against Aqua's favorite team, which this year is the equivalent of an extra bye week.

Well, we can also start preparing in the 4th quarter of the Ravens game since that's usually when these games are over anyway.

This team is going to be very well rested and hopefully healthy headed into the playoffs. I do think the Steeler game might be a contest. But, they have matchup problems with teams who can spread them out and make them defend the pass.

1. 3/4 last games at home. A long road trip to NY to end the season. Just kidding.

2. A bye week.

3. Two playoff games at home. That's 6 games in 7 weeks after Monday Nighter. With 5 of 6 at home.

4. Another bye week.

5. The pleasure of wiping that smirk off of Jerry Jones face in SB XLII.

Last edited:
Anybody worried?

No.

The Steelers suck on the road and I only worry about things that are important (war, peace, taxes, the national debt, the balance of trade, the Mexican invasion, the collapsing dollar, inflation, collapsing banks, and collapsing credit.)

Other than that Capitalism is in great shape and football is still relevant, so nah, I prefer not to worry too much about the Steelers.

It's a definite advantage for the Steelers, not just the short week but us being on the road for MNF before. But, whatever, the Steelers need to gain 3 games on us for the #1 seed; as desperately as I would love to go undefeated, the only things I worry about are the #1 seed and playoff games and it hard to imagine us losing 3 of our last 6.

Yes. Absolutely. 16--0 would be amazing, but the prize is handed out in Phoenix in February. :ditto:

Only Steelers, really.

Giants have same time as Pats (6 days) so there is no disadvantage.

Steelers will have 7 days to Pats 6, but so what?

I think the quality of the teams is more important than whether you have 6 or 7 days between games

Pats play the Steelers in Gillette so travel time eats into their extra day anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back