PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATs "we're 9-4" comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... In regard to criticizing the "...we are 9-4..." comments, I should point out that this is a form of "...It is what it is...". in other words... Get real, people! :rocker:

The point of this thread is NOT ... Look, Our Record Is 9-4, Despite All Adversity.

The point of the thread is:
Belichick ... Brady ... and other players
now, for the first time ever, are saying, How Bad Can We Be? We're 9-4 !
THAT is a big attitude adjustment for these relentless stoics.

Was any one alarmed last year when Brady said "we are what we are...4-4 an average football team"?

Also our offense has actually scored pretty well despite it's ups and downs.

The 2001-2005 period, other than 2004, we averaged 23.0. This year we're down to 21.6 but I don't think that's a big offense thing - we've scored a whole 2 points (the Safety in Week 1) on defense/ST this year. Add a couple of those, which we've had in the past and which factor into these numbers, and the scoring is reasonable.

BTW, last year was the median of scoring in 2001-2005 - two years better, two years worse. So the McDaniels hating is just silly. Also I eliminated 2004 as it was a statistical outlier as everything was working that year - but we won two other SB scoring about the same as this year - we've just been too turnover laden this year.

....- but we won two other SB scoring about the same as this year - we've just been too turnover laden this year.

Yes.
That, plus
both the undisciplined penalties and the bogus penalty calls.

The entire syndrome beginning in Denver last January.

Re: PATs "were 9-4" comments

It's because idiots in the media and idiot fans are harping and whining about it. Every 5 mins there seems to be a new crisis for the idiot media to talk about ( that's how they feed their families) then the idiot fans jump on it and harp and whine about it.

15 years ago the question would have been. You are 9-4, how great do you feeel about that! Then the fans would have been on cloud 9. Now, we have a bunch of spoiled fans and a media who will kick over every pebble to try to find something to shoot there mouths off about.

Hope that answers you question.

thats why jim rome of espn is an idiot

Average points per game is meaningless.

You could lose ten games by a score of 24-15 and win two by scoes of 41-0.... and you would have an average points per game of almost 20.
Over 16 games they aren't meaningless. Especially combined with total yards which adds another dimension to the legitimacy.

Does it mean everything ? Of course not. And no-one in their right mind would expect our offense to be as good as last year given the WR situation. It's not as good or as consistent - we all know that. But over the course of the season, or the 13 games so far, point and total yards combined give a fairly reasonable picture of what's going on. Especially when the D/ST has contributed a mighty 2 points all season.

The Colts scraped by a few"so-so "teams prior to their current losing streak,I dont recall anyone dumping on them at length in regard to those games,the Bears and even the Chargers(the best team in the league at this time in many folks opinion) have had their blips,so no team is running away from the pack as far as that goes.This team has been so good we have a hard time accepting that they are not the "hands down"favourites they once were.This is still a good team,with a solid winning record that will very likely make the playoffs,then as we have seen before troops,anything can happen....lets enjoy the rest of this season,still a chance we can make a run,and if so,the victories are that much sweeter...

The strange thing is that they are dwelling on their record rather than on the next game.
No, they're not. Dwelling on the record? Not on the next game?

BB and TB each said once the the team is 9-4. They each spent several minutes talking about how explosive the Texans are.

I know it is fashionable to whine about what the Pats are doing wrong, and pretend they aren't 9-4, so it must be annoying to some to be reminded that the Pats are indeed guaranteed a winning season this year, and they will win the division, and host a playoff game. Still, even though it tends to contradict what you want to believe, a single comment is not dwelling, and the Pats are not ignoring the next game.

Much more carping and the "We're Doomed" brigade will return :D

Yes.
That, plus
both the undisciplined penalties and the bogus penalty calls.

The entire syndrome beginning in Denver last January.

The turnovers and penalties are mostly on the young Offense and in particular the young or new skilled position players. Happens to every young team. Its just a sign that this team is much younger and being rebuilt on the fly.

The other constant criticism we hear is that there are "no playmakers" More dirivel! The Pats are third in the league in generating turnovers.

The point of this thread is NOT ... Look, Our Record Is 9-4, Despite All Adversity.

The point of the thread is:
Belichick ... Brady ... and other players
now, for the first time ever, are saying, How Bad Can We Be? We're 9-4 !
THAT is a big attitude adjustment for these relentless stoics.

You're right but you're spitting into the wind here.

The pats will get crushed against jacksonville and be lucky to win against Tenn.

Then they'll lose in the playoffs' first round. Badly.

Oh well, guess you're just spoiled if you want anything more than that.

I was at that game!! And at the game this year this past weekend! 2 of the greatest games of my life... (sorry Pats fans)

I'm sorry for you if a W when your team is OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS is a greatest game of your life. Us Pats fans will simply have to console ourselves with being at major playoff Wins and such. So sad.

I was at that game!! And at the game this year this past weekend! 2 of the greatest games of my life... (sorry Pats fans)

Love those high standards.

Another Phins fan was at the game, and also told me it was "the great game of his life."

Pathetic.

Let's not talk about that game. I spent alot of money to go to that game. And it wasn't worth the trip! Bad, bad memories.

Ditto. I was there in Section 444, surrounded completely by Dolphins fans. Sucked to have to take all of their sh*t, just an abysmal game. On the bright side, South Beach was fun.

Love those high standards.

Another Phins fan was at the game, and also told me it was "the great game of his life."

Pathetic.

There were Dolphins fans in the stands and in the bathroom calling it "their Super Bowl". I found that to be hilarious.

You must be a very young Fins fan. In the past, it took much more than a losing team with no playoff chance to satisfy fans. I recall the patriots losing 15 times in a row in the Orange Bowl, before that was reversed before the 1985 SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes