PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs. Jets 2011 Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board's OBSESSION with the NYJ will never cease....

until maybe the Patriots advance deeper into the playoffs and Brady outplays Sanchez in the playoffs....neither of those have happened since fatty took over the former Exit 16 Ws.....

The Jets are widely considered the closest competitors to the Patriots within the division. It would be more surprising if people weren't focused on them.

So how the hell do you know what's going to happen this year?

this is easy...with the Pats, I expect we'll see a level of success that they've made their hallmark the past ten years under BB

with the Jets...well..one thing we all know...42 years going on 43........the..... Jets S-U-C-K...suck suck suck

:sleeping: Lot of success they had last year in the playoffs. Last I've heard Jets winning the series of the Rex era.

Please..Please..everyone read this thread on JI..it is by far the funniest thing i have ever read..my god

Take 5 min please

The patriots "golden" offseason... yaaaa I'm shaking in my boots - Jets Insider.com Forums

Are NJ Jets fans this stupid?

To be fair, Gang Green's not filled with MENSA candidates, but it's a board of geniuses in comparison to Jets Insider, and it probably has more people that would have smacked down that O.P.. Linking threads from JI is almost certain to result in people seeing some of the worst posts ever made by mankind.

Last edited:
case in point, the post right above yours, Deus

Dim Itri...must be Russian for "more toe soup and cabbage please"...

TBH, I've never really understood the point of these breakdowns. It's not like our QB matches up against theirs, etc. etc. It doesn't have any real bearing on what happens on the field.

This board's OBSESSION with the NYJ will never cease....

until maybe the Patriots advance deeper into the playoffs and Brady outplays Sanchez in the playoffs....neither of those have happened since fatty took over the former Exit 16 Ws.....

There are a few Jets-obsessed posters around here, no doubt, but I'm pretty sure some of them are jet fan trolls anyways. Most of us don't really care. Regardless, we don't have anyone even half as obsessed as sg3 over on JI (a dump of a forum if I've ever seen one). TGG is pretty good, but they have an entire thread devoted not to the Patriots, but to Patsfans, and that's kinda weird. Definitely a whole other level of obsession.

Last edited:
My favorite post on JI was by Ray Ray claiming that Mark Sanchez had no ceiling. lol.

My favorite post on JI was by Ray Ray claiming that Mark Sanchez had no ceiling. lol.

Or that Ryan is going to get Aaron Maybin to play like the 11th pick he was drafted as and that Maybin has incredible untapped talent to rush the passer.

To be fair, Gang Green's not filled with MENSA candidates, but it's a board of geniuses in comparison to Jets Insider, and it probably has more people that would have smacked down that O.P.. Linking threads from JI is almost certain to result in people seeing some of the worst posts ever made by mankind.

Years ago I read JI. Back then it was seriously deficient in football IQ but based on a couple brief more recent forays into JI links even that sewer has defied physics and gone way further downhill. Unreadable, even for fun.

This is exactly right....

With pats offense vs jets d...the pats have usually gotten the better of the jets here but last meeting Rex did a great job w the semi zone, semi man at same time d... This seemed to baffle Brady...and worked. Only guys that scare The jets are probably the te's in a head up matchup.

Jets o vs pats d.... Obviously sanchez still has issues with bb's schemes but I do remember the jets gashing the pats on the ground often when needed...hence take a chance on Albert.

Pats have always been so good cuz they never make mistakes...and usually out coach the other teams but when the jets don't make errors themselves and Rex draws up new d schemes they can play w and beat the pats.

I've probably said this 1000 times..fancy schemes dont work agains BB twice.

Welker is better than Holmes..still amazing how that dude dont get enough credit, even around here...and with Brady, Ocho will be better than Holmes as well.

And from what I been hearing, Gronk is going to be better than everyone on the field.

I think Santonio Holmes could do Wes Welker's job. I don't think Wes Welker could do Holmes' job.

Ok....well this is objective.....whoa....so after reading this the Pats should dominate the Jets just like they have the past couple years.....
He said this year, not the past few years, but you are still correct. Pats should dominate the way they've done the past ten or so years under Belichick.

But the comparison is really about this coming year, the one everyone is really interested in.

I think Santonio Holmes could do Wes Welker's job. I don't think Wes Welker could do Holmes' job.

Just took a quick look at the stats of the two since 2007, Welker is pretty much better than him across the board..and thats will missing games, playing with Matt Cassel, comin off an ACL injury, and sharing balls with the most gifted WR ever in Moss.

Years ago I read JI. Back then it was seriously deficient in football IQ but based on a couple brief more recent forays into JI links even that sewer has defied physics and gone way further downhill. Unreadable, even for fun.

You're right, IMO. It's a forum that's largely populated by people who combine a lack of knowledge, a lack of intelligence and a lack of common sense. That's rarely going to be a good match. It used to be a little more readable. The mods have allowed the place to go the route of the drooling sippy cup sort of postings.

Props to the mods here. Not perfect but quite good.

I went to gangegreen to check out their thoughts, surprisingly terrible. They basically turned this thread into one of their own and began comparing. The areas that surprised me were OL, RB and special teams, most of their fans thought they were CLEARLY better in those areas. I'd call them debatable. OL Pats are much stronger at LG and RT, JETS have the edge at C and LT yet they call it a landslide. RB kinda blows my mind I would think edge Pats however they believe Powell and McKnight are amazing. The ST thing I don't get at all. They lost Brad Smith, Folk is erratic, and Weatherford is good. Pats are better.

I went to gangegreen to check out their thoughts, surprisingly terrible. They basically turned this thread into one of their own and began comparing. The areas that surprised me were OL, RB and special teams, most of their fans thought they were CLEARLY better in those areas. I'd call them debatable. OL Pats are much stronger at LG and RT, JETS have the edge at C and LT yet they call it a landslide. RB kinda blows my mind I would think edge Pats however they believe Powell and McKnight are amazing. The ST thing I don't get at all. They lost Brad Smith, Folk is erratic, and Weatherford is good. Pats are better.

Sometimes I'm a bit of a homer, I try not to be but I just love the pats. I am more bias against the jets because I just really REALLY dont like them..that said, Jets fans are one of the few things more useless than the jets themselves. They have no ability to be objective, and if you present them with facts, they respond with "GFY". They really have no brains at all.

They've been consistent about overrating those two areas. I can't really blame Jets fans, though, since the media has been doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Thats interesting because Wes Welker has caught 432 passes in the last 4 years and Santonio Holmes has caught 238.
I guess Holmes played on teams that just decided they didn't need those 50 catches a year he could have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back