PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Giants Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it from a few tweets, but looks like your source is the updated version. They've since determined it to be a stress fracture, as you say, and so he is going to be out for a few weeks "according to team sources." BTW, this fracture is next to the toe that has the prior fracture from 2009 and that one has a screw in it.

This guy is going to have a hell of an arthritic foot when he gets older.

No, it looks like his source was from 12:30 PM, this afternoon.

All of the "he might play now" reports have since come after that initial report which happened this morning/lunchtime.

We certainly could use a break, no pun intended. Ok, maybe it was, lol.

I'm guessing that he doesn't play, but these latest tweets/reports have me wondering now.

Last edited:
He needs to play for a coach that has respect for his dyam toes...I can think of one right off the top of my head....say, do you think Bradshaw is classy?

So I have been watching an listening to the media over the past couple of days saying that Eli is going to rip apart our defense. And the Giants front 4 are going to give Brady a long day.

Then I look and see in the paper that the Patriots are 9 point favorites. Are the big money people in Vegas that stupid?

Last edited:
it will be interesting to me if the giants play our receivers alot like the steelers/cowboys did...and play them very physical/closely. if thats the case, then this is the time for someone like Price who can use his speed vs. man coverage

So I have been watching an listening to the media over the past couple of days saying that Eli is going to rip apart our defense. And the Giants front 4 are going to give Brady a long day.

Then I look and see in the paper that the Patriots are 9 point favorites. Are the big money people in Vegas that stupid?

I am sure that Vegas is more concerned with making sure both side spend enough money, not with who wins.

I am sure that Vegas is more concerned with making sure both side spend enough money, not with who wins.

Absolutely, but how can they make a team a 9 point favorite that is suppose to be out matched?

Absolutely, but how can they make a team a 9 point favorite that is suppose to be out matched?

I can't tell if this is a serious question or if you're being facetious?

OK...I'll answer as if Nut IS serious...the line is nine because to get anyone to lay money on the Giants and bring balance to the total amount bet, right now NINE points is the figure that does this. Remember, the line isn't about favorites or who's better...it's purely about balance between money bet on NY and money bet on N.E. Vegas takes their 5% or whatever off the top and THERE is where THEY are making their money.

I can't tell if this is a serious question or if you're being facetious?

I was serious. But I don't know a lot about betting. It would seem as if they would lose money with that spread.

As Joker said maybe it has nothing to do with they think is going to win. But I wouldn't bet real money on the Patriots giving 9 points so maybe they are counting on heavy betting on the Giants to make money.

it just doesn't make sense to me.

that's a very common misconception, Nut...no, the only real fact about the line is it goes up or down to get money bet on both sides of the line...Vegas is in it purely for the vig, nothing else. The books NEVER take a chance...if too much money comes in on one side they take the game off the board. What happens is, if a large amount of late money comes in on the Giants, the line will drop to reflect this influx and influence bettors to wager on N.E. to bring the amounts bet on both teams into near equivalence. That is all the line really is...it has no significance pertaining to which team is better or worse, only that the total amount bet is equivalent or near it,which gives the books their 5% off the top. Remember, the sports book is all about making money OFF THE TOP. If 50 million is bet on two teams with 25 mil on each, the book makes 2.5 million...no matter who wins or who loses. That's all that it is...

it will be interesting to me if the giants play our receivers alot like the steelers/cowboys did...and play them very physical/closely. if thats the case, then this is the time for someone like Price who can use his speed vs. man coverage

hopefully tom will have enough time to throw the ball downfield with the giants D-line.

Just wondering ....I'm guessing that BB is emphasizing pass defense in practice due to ineffectiveness and the reality that the NYG will be slinging the ball around against the suspect defense. Factor in a potential sidelined Bradshaw. For the Pats pass defense to get extra reps, the offense has to oblige. I guess the practice squad can simulate the Giants O somewhat, but we are talking JV talent instead of the varsity starting O. So does anyone think that the Pats offensive game plan goes pass heavy based on the the midweek passing emphasis to fine tune the passing D. Clearly I have too much free time overthinking this, but what the hell

The Giants just don't seem like they have much quality at their skill positions with Nicks hurt and Bradshaw out. Compared to the Cowboys and the Steelers, this group does not really measure up.

Victor Cruz out of UMass is a nice story but not a #1 wide-out, Mario Manningham was a part time situational starter last year (8 starts in 16 games) and your proto-typical Patriots receiver - 6' 185 lbs. but not an imposing presence, and Jake Ballard is essentially a rookie (played in 1 game in 2010) trying earn a spot. This receiving corp looks like one the Patriots' wobbly defensive backfield can handle (knocking on wood.)

Eli is very good but with his top weapons sidelined, I don't see these guys dominating the Patriots. I was impressed that Eli Manning is first in the league in consecutive games started by a quarterback at 117 (including playoffs) and is 5th all-time. If he stays upright for the rest of the season, he'll pass Ron Jaworski and Brady to be third all-time behind Brett Favre and his brother - amazing.

The Giants do not have a player listed on their depth chart behind starting center David Baas who is doubtful, so their offensive line - a very solid group - will be in transition. This could be a big game for Wilfork, Love and Haynesworth.

Last edited:
With Nicks, Bradshaw and Baas all listed as OUT now, it's going to be really interesting to see how the Giants do on offense.

The Past O-line, with Waters, should be able to handle the Giants D-line. However, Connolly and Waters needs to be weary of the stunt.. The Giants love top stunt and end delay rush their D-line..

Anyone else creeped out by Gary Guyton's death stare every time you go on Patsfans? That needs to be changed. :D

Anyone else creeped out by Gary Guyton's death stare every time you go on Patsfans? That needs to be changed. :D

change your diapers then ,Little Suze Wets Her Pants..... Mommy!! Mommy!! This bad guy is staring at me from the puter screen!!! Help me Mommy!!!...

this unsolicited blast brought to you by Joe Kerr and Associates...with offices in Brighton, Dedham,Braintree,Walpole and Tierra Del Fuego...:biggrin2:

Don't kid yourselves guys, the line is EXTREMELY accurate and is the KING predictor of all future sporting results. If not, there would be filthy rich gamblers everywhere continually reaping the rewards of these charitable 'balanced action' lines. The collective intelligence of rewarded human prediction is outright amazing. These lines fall into the correct predictive slot almost immediately.

That, or I guess the oddsmaker didn't read patsfans this week? :bricks:

that's a very common misconception, Nut...no, the only real fact about the line is it goes up or down to get money bet on both sides of the line...Vegas is in it purely for the vig, nothing else. The books NEVER take a chance...if too much money comes in on one side they take the game off the board. What happens is, if a large amount of late money comes in on the Giants, the line will drop to reflect this influx and influence bettors to wager on N.E. to bring the amounts bet on both teams into near equivalence. That is all the line really is...it has no significance pertaining to which team is better or worse, only that the total amount bet is equivalent or near it,which gives the books their 5% off the top. Remember, the sports book is all about making money OFF THE TOP. If 50 million is bet on two teams with 25 mil on each, the book makes 2.5 million...no matter who wins or who loses. That's all that it is...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back