PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs. Farve

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking, not necessarily a "blueprint", but the success Feeley had, well Farve would be similar. Very quick throwing, accurate, quick decisions.

I think Farve would carve the defense up and exhaust them too.

There has to be a game plan for getting pressure on him while using 5 DBs.

Not sure GB will be in the SB, but's probably a good chance.

The defense would be totally different because we wouldn't be worried about Westbrook first, second and third. Had Westbrook been out, even though he did little in the game, our pass defense would have been a lot better.

Who's this "Farve" guy???

That was BB's gameplan though, obviously he underestimated Feeley's abilities but the plan was to take out Westbrook and make Feeley beat us through the air (which he almost did). I mean did you notice how well EVERY screen and check down to Westbrook was smothered.

The defense would be totally different because we wouldn't be worried about Westbrook first, second and third. Had Westbrook been out, even though he did little in the game, our pass defense would have been a lot better.

Agreed. What alot of people haven't realized is that part of the reason the middle of the field was so open was that the corners were put into outside zones and a linebacker always put in man coverage to protect against Westbrook getting the ball in the flat and having alot of space to work with, something he could use to take it to the house in an instant. I think BB gave Westbrook a lot of respect, and didn't respect Feeley as much.

Against Green Bay, who are you going to worry about in the flats, Ryan Grant? With Favre throwing, the Patriots would take away the middle of the field with linebackers and safeties, forcing Favre to "gunsling" it into coverage.

Last edited:
I suspect the Green Bay OL will have its work cut out protecting Favre against the Dallas defense....the same with the Patriots defense.

Brett really doesn't want to throw to Asante's side either.

I was thinking, not necessarily a "blueprint", but the success Feeley had, well Farve would be similar. Very quick throwing, accurate, quick decisions.

There has to be a game plan for getting pressure on him while using 5 DBs.

Not sure GB will be in the SB, but's probably a good chance.

I don't care how good you think "Farve" is doing

this year,just go back and look at the film of the

35-0 beatdown in Green Bay last year.

Trust me......BB would love to play this team in the SB.

That was BB's gameplan though, obviously he underestimated Feeley's abilities but the plan was to take out Westbrook and make Feeley beat us through the air (which he almost did). I mean did you notice how well EVERY screen and check down to Westbrook was smothered.

Agree with you here. i think the gameplan would be a lot different against whoever we play. i think the Pats probably underestimated Feeley and figured they would take away the run and the outside (which they did) and dared him to pass in the middle. almost got burned, but they came out in the end. I think BB would game plan better for a Favre or a Romo or Ben Cheesburger.

I think Favre would torch us for, like, four interceptions, forcing the ball in where there isn't room, trying to come back from the 21-3 deficit.

The Pack are a Fraud.

I am amzed at the respect favre is shown around here... You guys forget too easily. My hate runs DEEEEP. I still cant stand GB or Favre from 96-97. :mad:

I hope we play them and blow them out by 60.

i am not worried about GB.
favre looks good this year, but they are one dimensional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back