PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs. Colts 2008 = Pats vs. Rams 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I see last nights game as giving me hope the Pats can compete with anyone this season. Now some may say the Colts are having a down year. They are still the Colts. Last week even though the Pats won they said they were the Rams. the week before the Broncos weren't seen as legitimate.

well this game reminds me of the 2001 Rams game where we lost but said we could compete with anyone this season. It gives me hope on the OL's performance. the colts still had freeney and mathis and the OL did an awesome job pass blocking and run blocking.

the team seems more focused by their limited penalties. I'd say we have as much a chance as any other team in the league for the whole thing. The best team in the leagu is the Giants IMO.

Cassel now versus 4 weeks ago is a different QB. he has been very accurate and his deep throws are right on target.

the defense is getting more experienced with Merriwether, Guyton, Mayo, Wilhite, Wheatley,and Richardson. Hopefully Whealtey isn't hurt, he was good last night.

Last night gave me a ton of hope for the season.

Re: Pats vs Colts 2008 = Pats vs Rams 2001

I see last nights game as giving me hope the Pats can compete with anyone this season. Now some may say the Colts are having a down year. They are still the Colts. Last week even though the Pats won they said they were the Rams. the week before the Broncos weren't seen as legitimate.

well this game reminds me of the 2001 Rams game where we lost but said we could compete with anyone this season. It gives me hope on the OL's performance. the colts still had freeney and mathis and the OL did an awesome job pass blocking and run blocking.

the team seems more focused by their limited penalties. I'd say we have as much a chance as any other team in the league for the whole thing. The best team in the leagu is the Giants IMO.

Cassel now versus 4 weeks ago is a different QB. he has been very accurate and his deep throws are right on target.

the defense is getting more experienced with Merriwether, Guyton, Mayo, Wilhite, Wheatley,and Richardson. Hopefully Whealtey isn't hurt, he was good last night.

I predict this years SB will NOT be the Patriots vs. Colts. AFCCG maybe. SB no way!

Re: Pats vs Colts 2008 = Pats vs Rams 2001

I predict this years SB will NOT be the Patriots vs. Colts. AFCCG maybe. SB no way!

LOL - TGIAGH, always takes the safe bet.

You nailed it-that's exactly the feeling. I just commented in another thread that this is a marathon not a sprint, and we're steadily building up in perfect tempo towards that end.

The mistakes we saw last night were atypical (except for Watson:rolleyes:) but otherwise nothing that happened is likely to happen again.

Despite it all we stayed neck and neck with the Colts (whose most dangerous weapons had all returned for our annual reunion).

The Pats' intensity is just beginning and coaching hasn't given much away either. We're in a very good position :)

They haven't played their best ball yet imo. Barring anymore major injuries we're definitely headed in the right direction. In some ways I like where we are now better than where we were at this time last year:cool:

Given how the league is this year, I think we should have already had the mindset we can beat any team. I was convinced about it even before Cassel started improving in recent weeks. There is no team in the league this season anywhere as tough a matchup as the 2001 Rams. The Giants may or may not be a better team overall, but either way they don't have that explosive offense that you fear will blow you out if you play less than perfect.

Our defense will have to improve, and history shows it will. 2 red zone showings last night, 2 TD's. Our offense kept Peyton on the bench for alot of the game and he still had a great game. No sacks, no turnovers. That cannot keep up.

Given how the league is this year, I think we should have already had the mindset we can beat any team. I was convinced about it even before Cassel started improving in recent weeks. There is no team in the league this season anywhere as tough a matchup as the 2001 Rams. The Giants may or may not be a better team overall, but either way they don't have that explosive offense that you fear will blow you out if you play less than perfect.

Our defense will have to improve, and history shows it will. 2 red zone showings last night, 2 TD's. Our offense kept Peyton on the bench for alot of the game and he still had a great game. No sacks, no turnovers. That cannot keep up.

if you felt that way week 3 I'll give you credit but I would have also said then you were crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes