PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats View on TKO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillsFan4Life

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok, someone help me out here, but do all pats fans really think the return of TKO is no big deal? All I've seen on this board, as wella s the trolls on the bills board, is people talking about how TKO is a wuss. Can someone fill me in. Do you not remember him two years ago, being one of the best LB in the league?

BillsFan4Life said:
Ok, someone help me out here, but do all pats fans really think the return of TKO is no big deal? All I've seen on this board, as wella s the trolls on the bills board, is people talking about how TKO is a wuss. Can someone fill me in. Do you not remember him two years ago, being one of the best LB in the league?

Hardly a wuss. I have a great deal of respect for TKO, and having some of our own key players return from major injuries, I can only wish him the best. Besides it's no fun playing against anything but the oppositions best efforts. Makes bragging rights so much sweeter, yes?;)

BillsFan4Life said:

Of course he's a good player. Will he turn a bad team into a good team single-handed? Of course not.

I think Takeo is one of the best LBs in the game when healthy. If he returns to form he'll be a great (re-)addition to your defense. I've always hated Spikes since he became a Bill, and when an opposing fan hates a player that means only one thing: that player is damn good.

As long as he doesn't play dirty (some got the impression that he might from his payback talk about Graham) I won't have a problem with him, though I'll still hate him as an opposing player if he plays well.

BillsFan4Life said:

Dude is an elite linebacker! No doubt!

But I think most are still confident in a Pats win.

Anything can happen. Any given Sunday!

But ask yourself this. If the roles were reversed, would you not be feeling pretty confident?

Brownfan80 said:
when an opposing fan hates a player that means only one thing: that player is damn good.

na, i just hated freddy mitchel because he was freddy mitchel. i hate noodle arm just because he is noodle arm.

Good LB, I'm sure the offense will be checking his number on each play, much the same way Losman should be looking for Harrison.

His addition is not unlike Teddy's return. Our season died when he was on the turf slamming his helmet after the injury. Fletcher cannot be a one man show. The only good out of last year was the emrgence of Crowell, He's a player. Made Posey expendable.

BFLOfan said:
His addition is not unlike Teddy's return. Our season died when he was on the turf slamming his helmet after the injury. Fletcher cannot be a one man show. The only good out of last year was the emrgence of Crowell, He's a player. Made Posey expendable.
Yes, Crowell complements your LB corps quite well. I expect your defense to be a challenge, there is too much talent there for them not to be, but Whitner starting creates a weak spot in the passing game, and your smaller, Tampa 2 DL is less likely to give the NE OL fits then when you had Sam Adams or Pat Williams plugging the middle - I do expect them to be a terror in the passing game and a really good test for the OL.

Last edited:
Takeo is an elite LB if he's back to form which I hope and believe he is.
That being said, ALL our opponents have a few top notch contributors. What BB does is take away a team's strength and then exploit the remainder. You can be sure that he's game planned for TKO, including plans B and C. The results of that plan as always depend on execution Sunday.

I can't recall anyone here calling Spikes a wuss. He's a highly-talented and hard-hitting linebacker. We remember his comments about Graham, though, probably made out of frustration, with less respect.

I have the utmost resepct for TKO, and I find him entertaining to watch as he plays the game hard and the right way. I feel as if before he got hurt last year, he should have gotten as much press as guys like Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher as he is as good as those guys in my opinion.

BillsFan4Life said:

you got the answers it seems..i agree with them..really like Takeo. now..can you give us your thoughts on our LBs?

Bruschi-
Vrabel-
Colvin-

and few other players

Samuel-
Seymour-

id honestly like a truthful answer on your thoughts about our players..rivalry aside..what do you think of them. thanks

Remix 6 said:
you got the answers it seems..i agree with them..really like Takeo. now..can you give us your thoughts on our LBs?

Bruschi-
Vrabel-
Colvin-

and few other players

Samuel-
Seymour-

id honestly like a truthful answer on your thoughts about our players..rivalry aside..what do you think of them. thanks
honestly, its a pretty good group. Bruschi isn't the same as before the stroke, but he's still a top 20 in the league. Vrable can play everywhere which makes him a real asset. He doesn't have the bang of the top LBs in the league, but he is consistant. He will never miss a tackle, and has good speed.

I'm not gonna break down everyone, but its a solid group. No one name (other than bruschi) is a big time name, but they all are very good, consistant players.

BillsFan4Life said:
honestly, its a pretty good group. Bruschi isn't the same as before the stroke, but he's still a top 20 in the league. Vrable can play everywhere which makes him a real asset. He doesn't have the bang of the top LBs in the league, but he is consistant. He will never miss a tackle, and has good speed.

I wouldn't say definitively that Bruschi isn't the same guy. The defense was in shambles and he hadn't layed football for a long time when he came back. A player is going to look weaker when the defense as a whole is weaker because teams are obviously going to go away from them and attack the lesser parts and players. This cuts down on a player's opportunities and creates the appearance that he is not as good. If the defense as a whole can get better then I think Tedy will be closer to the player he was.

I'm not gonna break down everyone, but its a solid group. No one name (other than bruschi) is a big time name, but they all are very good, consistant players.

I'd say Seymour is a pretty big name.

You're seriously going to tell me that Seymour, one of the three best D-Linemen in the league, isn't a big time name? Crackpottery!

Ahriman said:
You're seriously going to tell me that Seymour, one of the three best D-Linemen in the league, isn't a big time name? Crackpottery!
Seymore is DL, I was doing LB...

Digger44 said:
na, i just hated freddy mitchel because he was freddy mitchel. i hate noodle arm just because he is noodle arm.

Hm, point taken. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye