PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats tweet: Hernandez released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its too early and what not but I hope he gets a chance to speak, give us something after he threw away his career like this.

Also sucks that we may watch him hit his prime for another team.

Massachusetts prisons have a football league?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA.

Looks like we aren't getting money, but the victims should.

I was just on Facebook reading people's responses to the Patriots releasing Hernandez, and am astounded at how many people are defending this ****head and criticizing the Patriots for cutting him.

I spoke to my brother who received a Hernandez jersey as a present for his four year old son on Christmas and he cannot wait to get rid of it.

nothing a little velcro and a new name can't fix.

You are not the only one. Find it very odd that people can condone his behaviour since the murder happened but somehow Patriots reaction is somewhat unjust.

Stupid is as stupid does...Gumpism

Massachusetts prisons have a football league?

Who says he is charged with murder, or convicted for multiple years? He only got arrested and will be out on bail soon, trial hasn't came yet....plus he has cash.

This really blows, dude had such a promising career. Condolences to Lloyd's family, that's the real tragedy here.

Congrats to the 2013 AFC East champs, Miami Dolphins

:cry2:

Who says he is charged with murder, or convicted for multiple years? He only got arrested and will be out on bail soon, trial hasn't came yet....plus he has cash.

My friend, the latest twitter reports are saying this is likely a no bail situation. Or were you being sarcastic?

I wish they had waited until he was suspended indefinitely so they could recoup the bonus money.

He wont get bail if its a murder charge

To the Patriots:
Congratulations and thank you to the Krafts. Once again you have shown us and the League that the Patriots Franchise understands what sport is all about. I wish those who gave safe haven and employment to Michael Vick and Plaxico Burress had your character and courage. You make me proud to have been a fan of this team for nearly 40 years!!!

About Hernandez:
I hope that his full rights under the law are protected, but it wouldn't bother me if I never had to hear another word about him.

To the fans who are whining here and elsewhere about how this all affects them and the Patriots upcoming season:
I'm sorry if you don't like how this offseason turned out, but a human being is dead and his family is grieving. What this means for a bunch of us who sit around on our butts and watch a group of grown men play (albeit at a very high level and for tons of money) a child's game doesn't mean squat in that context.

People are murdered every day. Lots of them. By your logic, we should never 'whine' (discuss) a 'child's game'

Taylor's death only matters to us (Pats fans collectively)because of the on-field implications.

Looks like we aren't getting money, but the victims should.

I think in a straight release that is true, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't language that a cut motivated by a breach of CBA conduct clause wasn't recoupable.

nothing a little velcro and a new name can't fix.

Quite a bit of velcro I'd say. I imagine he chucks it and goes for something nice and reliable...like Brady!

@Ravens - The Baltimore Ravens announce the signing of TE Aaron Hernandez

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

For the time being, I am presuming the worst for the Patriots 2013 cap. That is, I am presuming that his 2013 and 2014 salaries will hit the Patriots 2103 cap because they were guaranteed and that Aaron did enough to earn his $82,000 offseason workout bonus money. In a couple of days I should be able to find out Aaron's true cap hit and not rely on my amateur interpretations of the CBA. Based on my interpretation of Article 13, Section 6, (d) Guaranteed Contracts ,paragraph (iv) - Any portion of Salary guaranteed for any period after a player is released
for a reason covered by the guarantee (e.g., future years' guaranteed Salary, when the player is released for a reason covered by the guarantee) shall be immediately included in Team Salary at the time of his release at its present value rate calculated using the Discount Rate" if Aaron's 2014 salary which was guaranteed hits the Patriots cap it will hit in 2013, not 2014.
These are the salary cap questions remaining about Aaron Hernandez

1.) Can the Patriots go after the $10,050,000 of Aaron's remaining signing bonus proration even after they waived him today?
2.)Are the Patriots on the hook for Aaron's 2013 and 2014 guaranteed salaries?
3.)Are the Patriots on the hook for Aaron's 2013 offseason workout bonus money?

See http://www.patscap.com/aaron.jpg
for a picture of Aaron's Cap Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back