PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats tweet: Hernandez released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Pats tweet: Hernandez released

This is the difference between the Patriots and Ravens.

One cuts bait with a guy for going to trial for murder.

The other celebrates one as a hero and local legend.

Actually I'm waiting for the "news" that Hernandez being cut is yet further proof that the Patriots "Have Lost Their Way" -it showing how unloyal, ungrateful and cold-hearted the Patriots really are. :bricks:

But in all seriousness, Ive been saying that the Patriot Way was not endangered by taking a chance on a young man in the fourth (fracking) round -but in how the Pats respond to the situation as the facts in the case become known.

I'd be willing to bet that since he was going to be suspended anyway, the pats are positioning themselves to get some $$ from AH

I obviously have no problem if he is convicted of any level of connection with a murder. However, I don't believe that action should be taken before a conviction. I don't care if that's how the majority of businesses would react or not; it might be how things work, but it's not how things should work. Not on an accusation only.

Pats can release any player for any reason they want at any time. If they don't want to have to deal with the distractions of arrest and trial that is their choice. I am glad they made the choice to release him, not worth it to the brand and team to have him be on the roster.

The biggest victims in this case is obviously the victim and his family, as well as Hernandez's own daughter. That poor girl...

If he is guilty of anything I do hope the Pats get all their money back. Leave AH with nothing.

Sorry for the kid, but you make your bed. . .

From a football perspective, this season is looking bleak at this moment, albeit stull early enough in the off season to make some moves.

I am extremely proud to be a PATRIOTS fan today. They washed their hands of this scumbag. I was one of the people who was reserving judgement for the past 8 days but now that he has been arrested, it's clear he is guilty of "SOMETHING". What a shameful waste of a life. I feel for his wife, baby daughter and of course Odin Lloyd and his family.

Well, count me in the minority of Pats Fans who feel bad for the everyone involved. I don't think it is "great" we released him, especially if he is found not guilty…however or if ever that were to happen.

31 other teams are snickering to themselves because of our misfortune. Wes Welker is shaking his head somewhere. This arguably may be the most tragic story of a Boston area athlete with the exception of Len Bias. Nothing to feel good about here...

The only person I feel bad for is Odin Lloyd. Hernandez and Co. can rot in a cell the rest of their lives as far as I am concerned.

The Lifestyle bud. He is a former gang banger .

Oh that's right. That violent upbringing on the mean streets of Bristol, CT must have led to this. I mean how can anyone grow up normally after witnessing that carnage every day?

Hernandez is an idiot, and it looks like a violent idiot at that. Marijuana, alcohol, strippers and friends are well beside the point.

So, that Jake Ballard move last summer looks pretty brillant right now, ironically, I almost ordered a Hernandez jersey two weeks ago...

I think that was part of the calculation in releasing him. Pats are probably pretty confident in their ability to get that cap hit negated.

Either that, or, quite simply, Kraft said "F*** the money."

So, that Jake Ballard move last summer looks pretty brillant right now, ironically, I almost ordered a Hernandez jersey two weeks ago...

We have 2 of them

What a weird combination of emotions I'm feeling:

* Anger -- at Hernandez.
* Sad -- that someone has died.
* Sad -- that we've lost such a good player.
* Relieved -- that the "distraction" is over.
* Proud -- that the Patriots made the right choice.

I mostly agree with you; except I wish the Patriots factored in how it might affect the cap a bit more. Releasing someone before they are guilty of a crime might make it impossible for them to try to recoup the bonus or cap hit.

I imagine the bonus is gone anyways as he'll need it to help pay for his defense attorney and there's likely ways he could spend it -- but I'd really like the cap hit back

Bullcrap. Aaron Hernandez is a scumbag, not a tragic figure. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

BTW I can think of a couple hundred Boston area athletes who had a hell of a lot more tragedy in their lives a couple months ago. :mad:

Agree Hernandez is not a tragic figure.

Pats can release any player for any reason they want at any time. If they don't want to have to deal with the distractions of arrest and trial that is their choice. I am glad they made the choice to release him, not worth it to the brand and team to have him be on the roster.

Clearly they can do that legally, I just don't think that it's "right" in the moral sense.

Either that, or, quite simply, Kraft said "F*** the money."
I don't think any of them care about the actual money at this point, but the salary cap ramifications were almost certainly a consideration.

Do you think any of the media outlets will put out a story how the Pats released AH and showed how they are a classy origination? Think any non Pats players will comment how we did the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down