PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats tweet: Hernandez released

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the Patriots:
Congratulations and thank you to the Krafts. Once again you have shown us and the League that the Patriots Franchise understands what sport is all about. I wish those who gave safe haven and employment to Michael Vick and Plaxico Burress had your character and courage. You make me proud to have been a fan of this team for nearly 40 years!!!

About Hernandez:
I hope that his full rights under the law are protected, but it wouldn't bother me if I never had to hear another word about him.

To the fans who are whining here and elsewhere about how this all affects them and the Patriots upcoming season:
I'm sorry if you don't like how this offseason turned out, but a human being is dead and his family is grieving. What this means for a bunch of us who sit around on our butts and watch a group of grown men play (albeit at a very high level and for tons of money) a child's game doesn't mean squat in that context.

I really think that Hernandez is guilty of the murder, if they cant get him on murder, they have him on obstruction of justice.Obstruction of justice is a max of 7 years in prison. So long Hernandez, you were a great player, but a complete idiot thug. You deserve what you have coming your way!

What a waste. Can't believe it.

Shocked that the Patriots released him before charges, trial or sentencing. I chafe at the notion that someone faces ramifications for something which they have yet to be found guilty.

They must know something we don't know. The comments by Patriots Security Director to Bedard imply as much.

And that's that, I no longer care what happens to Aaron Hernandez.

Oh my I cannot believe that after this morning we are still seeing the "he's innocent!" crowd.

I know, right? After suspect #2 was captured after some of the news stories still centered around the "alleged" marathon bomber. It's like, aren't we well beyond "alleged" at this point.

As for Hernandez, damn shame. Although I suppose it's also his thug life that led him to the Pats in the first place (causing him to drop in the draft). Still, damn shame.

Terrible for Odin's family, terrible for the Pats, terrible for the fans.

I have a feeling the Pats front office has been notified of the pending charges.... I can't see a reason why they would release him without even knowing what's he's being charged with

Also, the fact that the Patriots have released him before the charges being made public, leads me to believe he will be charged with murder and they have sufficient evidence for the court to find him guilty, anything less, and they would have waited to see how it develops.

Just MO

AH wouldnt need that guy unless he was in deep doo doo.

That doesn't even begin to describe what kind of trouble Hernandez is in right now. This sudden release means the Patriots are pretty confident they will be able to recover the $12m signing bonus they gave him.

Which begs the question of how he is going to pay the bills that Roper & Grey and Rankin & Sultan are going to be sending him.

Going to go from $40m in the bank to being in debt for the rest of his life, never mind prison. What a horrendous turn of events. Just awful.

I think that's the extent of it but my response was to calling AH the stupidest athlete and biggest dirtbag ever (if he is charged with murder).

In degrees of biggest scumbag, Carruth would win hands down, IMO.

Yes Carruth is a bigger scumbag - killed his own wife and kid.

AH if found guilty or whatever is certainly stupider. Look at the circumstances. At least Carruth tried to hide in the trunk of a car. AH's friend was found out in the open a mile from his house.

Not to make light of this but if you are going to kill someone (assuming he did it) be a little more clever.

From signing a 40 million dollar contract and being one of the best players at his position in the world to this ......all because of drugs, alcohol, strippers and wanting to stay friends with the wrong crowd,

Sad.

What do strippers have to do with this? Or drugs or alcohol for that matter? We also know nothing about his friends. All we know is that they weren't led away in handcuffs today.

I almost bought a Hernandez jersey, I am glad I chose to get Hightower instead. I wonder how cheap the Hernandez jerseys will be!

Sadly, I thought this would happen!

If people are complaining, take a look at yourselves! He is (possibly) linked to the death of person, the majority of businesses, whether sports, insurance, production, etc would not stand for this!

Yes, Mr. Kraft owns a football team, but it is still a business!

Hernandez was a great player, and could have been so much more, yet he has (possibly) been a ****, and f***ed his and many others lives!

It's not like we were liked around the league anyway...

He has to pass through waivers (I'm looking at YOU, Bengals)

I have a feeling the Pats front office has been notified of the pending charges.... I can't see a reason why they would release him without even knowing what's he's being charged with

Also, the fact that the Patriots have released him before the charges being made public, leads me to believe he will be charged with murder and they have sufficient evidence for the court to find him guilty

Ross Tucker tweeted that NFL teams' security forces often have close ties to local law enforcement, so that's one way they could have prior info. I'm hearing (reading) that the timing of the release and the statement (which was obviously ready to go) is tied to the Pats trying to get some money back.

To the fans who are whining here and elsewhere about how this all affects them and the Patriots upcoming season:
I'm sorry if you don't like how this offseason turned out, but a human being is dead and his family is grieving. What this means for a bunch of us who sit around on our butts and watch a group of grown men play (albeit at a very high level and for tons of money) a child's game doesn't mean squat in that context.
This is a New England Patriots forum and I am not going to apologize for discussing how this event impacts the team in the upcoming season. Your sanctimony would be better served in another forum and if Aaron Hernandez was not involved then neither you, me nor anyone else in here would have ever heard of or cared a single thing about Odin Lloyd.

Also, the fact that the Patriots have released him before the charges being made public, leads me to believe he will be charged with murder and they have sufficient evidence for the court to find him guilty

Really doubt that they have been formally notified, but it is a known fact that Patriots director of security Mark Briggs is very connected as far as law enforcement, including MSP. They probably know what the charge is going to be.

That doesn't even begin to describe what kind of trouble Hernandez is in right now. This sudden release means the Patriots are pretty confident they will be able to recover the $12m signing bonus they gave him.

Which begs the question of how he is going to pay the bills that Roper & Grey and Rankin & Sultan are going to be sending him.

Going to go from $40m in the bank to being in debt for the rest of his life, never mind prison. What a horrendous turn of events. Just awful.

AH still has money. Its not like the Pats are going into his bank account and taking everything back. Plus is cases like this Law Firms want to represent their client. High profile case...etc

He will have good representation.

Well, count me in the minority of Pats Fans who feel bad for the everyone involved. I don't think it is "great" we released him, especially if he is found not guilty…however or if ever that were to happen.

31 other teams are snickering to themselves because of our misfortune. Wes Welker is shaking his head somewhere. This arguably may be the most tragic story of a Boston area athlete with the exception of Len Bias. Nothing to feel good about here...

I almost bought a Hernandez jersey, I am glad I chose to get Hightower instead. I wonder how cheap the Hernandez jerseys will be!

I have two AH #85 tshirts that were sent as part of the support package on here, struggle to wear them now!

You make a thread about a noteworthy event, you like to a source.

Is this your first day online?

You don't need to source news that is the current lead on every source of sports news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back