PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats to workout WR Laurent Robinson

We already have a guy similar in size to Torrey Smith, and runs a 4.38 (with a broken toe), his name is Josh Boyce. Robinson would be a nice addition though, size and speed.

Torrey Smith and Josh Boyce aren't similar at all.

As far as I know last year was the first time Laurent Robinson ever had a concussion. The other three could be as a result of the first. With some time off to heal, maybe he won't concuss so easily. He's definitely worth a look.

I'll be surprised if he signs, but I thought the Buff receiver was going to stick, so what do I know?

How am I feeling about training camp? You know that feeling when you rock back on your chair a little too far to the point where you don't know which way it will come down?

Hey- you must be Steven Wright, because that's his joke.

Laurent Robinson could be coming here?

Oh, thank Goodness. That makes me feel a whole lot better :cool:

Laurent Robinson could be coming here?

Oh, thank Goodness. That makes me feel a whole lot better :cool:
Take the Chinese approach and throw many eggs at the wall. Outside of the potential locks in Dobson and Boyce, that's all the Patriots can do. See who finds the best chemistry with Brady and take it from there.

1. I'm a bit of a draft obsessive and I'd barely heard of the two recent UDFA's we've signed.

2. Laurent Robinson has four concussions and we're trying him out.

Can we consider the bottom of the barrel well and truly scraped?

Take the Chinese approach and throw many eggs at the wall. Outside of the potential locks in Dobson and Boyce, that's all the Patriots can do. See who finds the best chemistry with Brady and take it from there.

I agree entirely. I actually think that we talked about how they'd bring in a bunch of mediocre ranked vets in terms of "names" to compete earlier in the offseason, much to the dismay of those who had Mike Wallace pegged as a NEP. It's simply Belichick's approach, particularly at the position of receiver.

At the end of the day though, I still think the development or lack thereof regarding the rookies will be the biggest difference maker--hands down. In the meantime, it's good to round out the depth though.

1. I'm a bit of a draft obsessive and I'd barely heard of the two recent UDFA's we've signed.

2. Laurent Robinson has four concussions and we're trying him out.

TO hasn't been brought in for an official work out yet has he? ;)

TO hasn't been brought in for an official work out yet has he? ;)

Now you're talking about those insects you find underneath the barrel when you lift it.

Care to elaborate on your incredible scouting insight ? If you look at their measurables coming out of college, they are quite similar. Smith is SLIGHTLY taller with a better vertical, Boyce is slightly faster and did more bench press reps, otherwise most of their measurables are very close.

If you watch their college highlights, you can also see the similarities.

I really don't think so. I expect at least a couple of more WR signings before Labor Day.

But why would we waste money on another WR when we are loaded there? :rolleyes:

I really don't think so. I expect at least a couple of more WR signings before Labor Day.

I agree that other WR's will be brought in between now and Labor day, but in my opinion they'll just be rounding out the WR depth chart at best. I don't think we're going to see much production unless we somehow luck out in amazing fashion.

Of course the production of a WR3-4 shouldn't be undervalued either, and that potential player could end up as a nice asset come the end of the year ala Jabar Gaffney in 2006.

Seriously. LOL. Boyce isn't even close to being in Torrey Smith's league.
The Pats are walking wounded now as far as receiving options.
I don't think it hurts to give Robinson a shot.
He was pretty productive in Dallas when healthy.

Seriously. LOL. Boyce isn't even close to being in Torrey Smith's league.
The Pats are walking wounded now as far as receiving options.
I don't think it hurts to give Robinson a shot.
He was pretty productive in Dallas when healthy.

Dallas Laurent Robinson and rookie Austin Collie would easily be our #2 WRs, both good players. Such a shame they had 3+ concussions, both of them could of had productive careers.

I agree that other WR's will be brought in between now and Labor day, but in my opinion they'll just be rounding out the WR depth chart at best. I don't think we're going to see much production unless we somehow luck out in amazing fashion.

Of course the production of a WR3-4 shouldn't be undervalued either, and that potential player could end up as a nice asset come the end of the year ala Jabar Gaffney in 2006.

Agreed. It is possible that they are doing a a 2 week tryout with an ace up their sleeve, much the way they did with the DL in 2003 before trading for Washington. But I doubt they are going to still be bringing in new street FAs every couple days two weeks from now, barring injury.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back