PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats to sign Torry Holt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not here to pimp up old man Holt, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Is he not an upgrade over Aiken and a possible #3? (as someone said, it gives them later draft flexibility) If he has the season for a terrible Jags offense he does this year, he'd be a good signing, no? Or would you rather them stay with Aiken?

I know we didn't exactly add someone like brandon Marshall or anything but people here act like this hurts the team or something?

Typical Patriots signing...yawn

Does it hurt the team, definitely not. Will he make that much of an impact? I dont think so.

D'oh, brainfart.

Completely forgot about that. Intriguing...

Jack, no problem you're probably still in shock and have an excuse. Condolences about Renee Walker's passing. We'll all miss Rack Bauer, a.k.a. Agent Freckles.

Last edited:
I like this. Sometimes we talk about the Pats like they're trying to rebuild a really bad team with a "?" at QB. Instead, this is a fundamentally solid team with a top QB that has several areas that need upgrading to return to the dominance it enjoyed a few years ago. It makes sense that they weren't going to be able to fix every shortfall with a development project or low round pick.

For the money with his experience I don't see what's not to like

This is an upgrade over Aiken and Patten, so I don't see what's not to like.

it's a sign that welker will likely be gone for most of next season. however, I can see the pats draft a WR to fill in the No. 2 spot. Then we'll have:

WR-Moss
WR- draft
WR-Edelman
WR- Holt

THen if welker comes back we can drop Holt to number 5.

Last edited:
I like this signing. Vet WR, good locker room guy, good route runner. I've always liked Holt. Wish we could have signed him a few years ago but better late than never. If we alll knew what BB knows what we have in Tate than life would be a lot simpler. Edelman proved himself in my eyes. We'll know a lot more if we still take a WR with one of the first 4 picks.

Can Jerry Rice be lured out of retirement?

Last edited:
Typical Patriots signing...yawn

Does it hurt the team, definitely not. Will he make that much of an impact? I dont think so.

Lots of excitement here over this signing, all though I guess with whats happened this off season (nothing) most pats fans would be excited if they signed a price checker from the local Walmart.

Wow I like this alot...This seems like a perfect guy to help curb the early season loss of Welker and to Curb against Edelman and Tate and a rookie not developing enough.

Moss
Welker
Edelman
Holt
Tate

Looks real good to me. Add a 6th Wr for STs and maybe a 7th until Welker is ready and incase after Welker return one of the Sophmores don't develope.

The 6th guy I will call Aiken as he is one good STer
The 7th is whoever wins Patten, late rd Rookie/s, and the holdover guys from last year.

What really excites me about this is from what I have heard about Holt thru the years is that he is one of the smartest WR in the league which would mean the anti-Galloway (not to dog his smarts but the reports were he just didn't pick the system here). And its not like his production is gone it just dropped off and so did his QB play so maybe he resurges a little with us and if not his production last year was enough for us.

Cosigned.

But I would still love to see Damaryius Thomas on this team, or Gilyard at the least.

Jack, no problem you're probably still in shock and have an excuse. Condolences about Renee Walker's passing. We'll all miss Rack Bauer, a.k.a. Agent Freckles.

Yeah, the only reason I'm still alive is because I was being shot at by the worst sniper ever. Couldn't even hit me as I'm trotting through the living room carrying her body.

it's a sign that welker will likely be gone for most of next season. however, I can see the pats draft a WR to fill in the No. 2 spot. Then we'll have:

WR-Moss
WR- draft
WR-Holt
WR-Aiken

THen if welker comes back we can drop Holt to number 4.

Did Julian Edelman die earlier today?

I think he can fill a role with the pats....

but the problem is that he's another WR that does not provide a thing to special teams which is what you need from your WR depth

it's a sign that welker will likely be gone for most of next season.

:confused:

What on earth are you talking about?

If anything, it's a sign that Aiken is not a satisfactory WR3.

Thanks for the 24 spoilers guys :mad:

Anyway, i've just looked at nfl.com video highlights, in 2 of them Holt beat double coverage and got taken down at like the 2 yard line each time

I like this move, if he can get 700 odd yards then thats what we need really

I think he can fill a role with the pats....

but the problem is that he's another WR that does not provide a thing to special teams which is what you need from your WR depth

Even assuming that coming to a pass happy system with a better QB doesn't improve his production, meaning he gives us 50 catches for 700+ yards, that is a very capable WR3. He's more than depth, he could be a starter until Welker comes back (and maybe after depending on Edelman's progress).

:confused:

What on earth are you talking about?

If anything, it's a sign that Aiken is not a satisfactory WR3.

yeah, but aiken does special teams, which is what you need your 3,4,5 WR's to do......especially since your #1 does not and you don't know who your #2 is.....

Thanks for the 24 spoilers guys :mad:

Anyway, i've just looked at nfl.com video highlights, in 2 of them Holt beat double coverage and got taken down at like the 2 yard line each time

I like this move, if he can get 700 odd yards then thats what we need really

That episode was two weeks ago!

Solid signing. If anything it gives the Pats more flexibility in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back