PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats to play in Old England in '06?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsWickedPissah said:
Me, I'm just worried about being murdered by some crazed Brit. We've had problems with this in MA.

PWP, I shouldn't worry too much. We exported all of our lunatics to your great country two hundred years ago. As for crazed Britons in MA, well, isn't that strong evidence of what America does to a person? :D:D

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Me, I'm just worried about being murdered by some crazed Brit. We've had problems with this in MA.

Worry not -- owning a gun isn't legal here.

Mike the Brit said:
Worry not -- owning a gun isn't legal here.

Nice trick. I saw what Brits did to my countryman William Wallace.

poll !!!

wich game will be playied in Wembley London ?

PATRIOTS @ DOLPHINS

next pls...

ps = i hope to be right...or...i pray for it...

PatsWickedPissah said:

By the way, were you there or did you watch a Hollywood movie?

PatsWickedPissah said:

Was William Wallace American or were you born in Scotland? :D

gomezcat said:
Was William Wallace American or were you born in Scotland? :D

I'm not giving out any more personal details in case Brits of murderous intent are out to stalk me. At least we can sleep peacefully in NE tonight knowing that there's one less colonial killer on the loose.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I'm not giving out any more personal details in case Brits of murderous intent are out to stalk me. At least we can sleep peacefully in NE tonight knowing that there's one less colonial killer on the loose.

:D. Damn, I wish I knew how to track down IP addresses.

Murphys95 said:
That's a great point. It seems the NFL is confusing ratings with loyal fans. They are NOT one and the same.

If there's one thing I've learned about the NFL, it's that they take the 'loyal fans' for granted. If they scheduled the Pats to play at midnight on a Tuesday, they know the 'loyal fans' will watch. Those are guaranteed ratings, the only way to bump them up is for the new or casual fans to watch. That's why we'll have "flex-schedules" late in the season b/c nobody wants to watch a dud on a December night (Ravens/Packers anybody, oh wait, I was AT that game!)

italianpatthepatriot said:
wich game will be playied in Wembley London ?

PATRIOTS @ DOLPHINS

next pls...

ps = i hope to be right...or...i pray for it...

You know BB would love not having to play in S Florida in September!

Honestly, I say screw London, I don't care if we have "England" in our name or not, let's keep all of our games stateside.

I think the matchup could be PITTSBURGH @ OAKLAND. 2 storied franchises, 2 huge fanbases, the defending "champs" and the NFL knows that Steelers fans go ANYWHERE.

richpats said:
If there's one thing I've learned about the NFL, it's that they take the 'loyal fans' for granted. If they scheduled the Pats to play at midnight on a Tuesday, they know the 'loyal fans' will watch. Those are guaranteed ratings, the only way to bump them up is for the new or casual fans to watch. That's why we'll have "flex-schedules" late in the season b/c nobody wants to watch a dud on a December night (Ravens/Packers anybody, oh wait, I was AT that game!)

Yup, I agree. I also think the whole idea of the flex-schedule is flawed. No one can predict how a game will turn out (see: Super Bore XL). Now the league is setting higher expectations for its fans by giving them "better" teams in the late-season games. Casual fans stay tuned to competitive games - not competitive teams. Do the NFL even do any market research on this? Heck just this past December the Patriots hosted the Buccaneers in a matchup between two playoff contenders - it was nationally televised. Do you think the casual fans were watching that one after half time (it was 21 - 0)? IMO, all this new flex-scheduling is going to do is cause more problems for fans who want to actually go to the games.

gomezcat said:
:D. Damn, I wish I knew how to track down IP addresses.

Nah, leave 'im, Jools, 'e ain't worf it!!! :D

This is an exibition game yes? Why not just take all the currently unemployed (think TO), recently retired(Bettis/Rice) or color commentary guys(who think they know the game),and throw them together for a proper scrum in jolly ol' England! That would be worth the price of a plane ticket to see!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PatsChick87 said:
This is an exibition game yes? Why not just take all the currently unemployed (think TO), recently retired(Bettis/Rice) or color commentary guys(who think they know the game),and throw them together for a proper scrum in jolly ol' England! That would be worth the price of a plane ticket to see!!!

na i want some real NFL action :D

Murphys95 said:
IMO, all this new flex-scheduling is going to do is cause more problems for fans who want to actually go to the games.

Those people are loyal fans, hence they are taken for granted. I know I'll plan to take a Monday off if I'm going to any Pats games in Nov/Dec. See, the NFL has won again!

richpats said:
You know BB would love not having to play in S Florida in September!

Honestly, I say screw London, I don't care if we have "England" in our name or not, let's keep all of our games stateside.

I think the matchup could be PITTSBURGH @ OAKLAND. 2 storied franchises, 2 huge fanbases, the defending "champs" and the NFL knows that Steelers fans go ANYWHERE.

honestly it will be nice, for us NFL European fans, to see a game like that (PIT @ OAK as you mentioned).
personally, as i love the Pats, i really would like to see our players @ Wembley (London)...
it does NOT matter at all who could be the opponent.

Anyway i will go there whatever game will be playied.
no doubt.
and many many european fans will go there surely.

Mike the Brit said:
Nah, leave 'im, Jools, 'e ain't worf it!!! :D

Awoit Mike me ahld mucker... bat if e star's agenn, oi'm gunna kiw im wiv ma bare ands!

gomezcat said:
Awoit Mike me ahld mucker... bat if e star's agenn, oi'm gunna kiw im wiv ma bare ands!

Stop making a mockery out of MY thread, you silly Englishmen! :nono:

Seymour93 said:

Go back and look at what we're laughing at -- if you didn't laugh at that kind of biogotry, you'd cry. :bricks:

Seymour93 said:

Shat yaw filfy mahf, you YANKEE mappit! or, in my own accent, Shut (guttural, German u) yor mowf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back