PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats ticket office: renewals at 98%, same as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashes on artificial turf? Yuck! :eek:

It's really windy there, don't worry - but, watch out for your bottle of beer with no cap (they take the caps before giving you your beer so the bottle cannot turn into a missile, not that any solid punk of a mind to throw his beer bottle could not easily smuggle in his own cap).

It's really windy there, don't worry - but, watch out for your bottle of beer with no cap (they take the caps before giving you your beer so the bottle cannot turn into a missile, not that any solid punk of a mind to throw his beer bottle could not easily smuggle in his own cap).

I don't drink beer at the games, too expensive. But I do have an occasional Pepsi and will remember to keep the lid firmly attached.

a friend of mine just declined to renew his tickets.....they were good seats too, section 108..he felt that $125 was ridiculous, but he loved going...he's had season tickets for about 35 years, going back to when he used to go with his dad....so, $125 was ridiculous, but $169 was obscene..he feels that the Krafts are raping the fans blind....I used to go to one game a year with him, but I'm done...I feel really bad for my friend, it was the one thing he really looked forward to every year... Gee, Thanks, Mr. Kraft...wouldn't want you to not be able to pay your bills....I'd like to see more repies to this, I think 98% is one big lie!!!

I just heard of another person that I know who let their tickets go. So that brings me up to 6. As I stated in an earlier post, my percentage is likely to mirror the general population. So.. finding it impossible to believe the 98% as well.

Karen (still hoping for an upgrade out of the the nosebleeds)

hopefully this means i'll be moving up a bit on the waiting list this year!!! Although if the prices keep increasing this much by the time they're offered to me I won't be able to afford them.

Sadly no. As Karen (Mrs B) points out, the 'beautiful people' a.k.a. VIPs are covertly geting the prime vacated seats.

Last edited:
I just heard of another person that I know who let their tickets go. So that brings me up to 6. As I stated in an earlier post, my percentage is likely to mirror the general population. So.. finding it impossible to believe the 98% as well.

Karen (still hoping for an upgrade out of the the nosebleeds)
Remember its also not just a one year process. I personally can say when they raised the seats to $169 I decided I only had 2 or 3 years left. I had no plans like that before. So, I'm going this year. But I have decided not to keep them going forward much longer. I would imagine there are an additional group of people who are in a similar position. Cancellations are more than just a one-year process. And I don't believe the 98% figure for year 1 either.

J D Sal

Clearly, based on the comments here from Karen et. al. the audience of corporate pukes continues to grow at the expense of the long time fans.

I tend to believe your suspicions also. I'm assuming that in previous years, the number of people you knew who gave up seats was probably zero.

I personally have my doubts about the 50,000 person waiting list or whatever the team claims it is. I think that's probably something that they put out there to keep the existing season ticket holders renewing. Since people are probably psychologically more likely to renew when they think that there's a large number of people waiting to grab my tickets from them.

I tend to believe your suspicions also. I'm assuming that in previous years, the number of people you knew who gave up seats was probably zero.

That's exactly the truth! Of all the people that I know personally who have tickets, this is the FIRST year that any of them haven't renewed... and it's already up to 6 sets of tickets.

That's exactly the truth! Of all the people that I know personally who have tickets, this is the FIRST year that any of them haven't renewed... and it's already up to 6 sets of tickets.

I have the feeling that folks here "want to believe" that significant numbers of season ticket holders are dumping their tix due to the price hike. So, how many would be significant? One thousand? Two thousand? A 5-percent turnover would be somewhere around 3,400. My gut tells me that what the Patriots say is much closer to the truth than what people are reporting here as trend based on small random bits of anecdotal info.

Last edited:
I have the feeling that folks here "want to believe" that significant numbers of season ticket holders are dumping their tix due to the price hike. So, how many would be significant? One thousand? Two thousand? A 5-percent turnover would be somewhere around 3,400. My gut tells me that what the Patriots say is much closer to the truth than what people are reporting here as trend based on small random bits of anecdotal info.

Usually a valid point, but when someone like Mrs B who knows lots of ST holders none of whom for years have ever droped out, suddenly knows 6 who this year only just gave up their tix, anecdotal though it be, that's significant.

My bet is that quietly, the VIPs are jumping in on the 100 section seats.

Last edited:
I have the feeling that folks here "want to believe" that significant numbers of season ticket holders are dumping their tix due to the price hike.

Want to believe? It is what it is. Whether six or six thousand other people gave up their season tickets has no bearing on my life. I gave up my tickets for my reasons. Others gave up their seats for their reasons. Not sure what the big deal is. They're tickets to professional football games....not your first born child.

My bet is that quietly, the VIPs are jumping in on the 100 section seats.

I keep reading this idea of "VIPs" being slipped season tickets ahead of people on the waiting list. Where are people getting this notion? Anything to back it up?

Want to believe? It is what it is. Whether six or six thousand other people gave up their season tickets has no bearing on my life. I gave up my tickets for my reasons. Others gave up their seats for their reasons. Not sure what the big deal is. They're tickets to professional football games....not your first born child.

I wasn't making a bigger deal out of this than anyone else in the thread; it's certainly nothing to get defensive about. I just find it curious that people here doubt the Patriots' claim of a 98-percent renewal rate based on hearing about a few here or there who aren't renewing. Then there are these mysterious "VIP" folks butting to the front of the line to scarf up what's available. Weird.

Last edited:
I keep reading this idea of "VIPs" being slipped season tickets ahead of people on the waiting list. Where are people getting this notion? Anything to back it up?

I know when my neighbors gave up their tickets a few years ago, instead of someone from the 300 section moving up or a waiting list person getting them; a cheerleader got them as comp tickets. Most staff get two comp tickets while employed with the Patriots. I guess that would be considered VIP slipping up.

I wasn't making a bigger deal out of this than anyone else in the thread; it's certainly nothing to get defensive about. I just find it curious that people here doubt the Patriots' claim of a 98-percent renewal rate based on hearing about a few here or there who aren't renewing. Then there are these mysterious "VIP" folks butting to the front of the line to scarf up what's available. Weird.

Not wierd in that it finally came out that ST holders of 30 yrs had zero chance of geting SB tix which was NOT understood at 1st. VIP treatment has ruled for the last several years.

Not wierd in that it finally came out that ST holders of 30 yrs had zero chance of geting SB tix which was NOT understood at 1st. VIP treatment has ruled for the last several years.

"VIP treatment" in the case of Super Bowl tickets involves club seat holders and luxury box folks. That's totally different than "VIPs" getting dibs on season tickets in the stadium proper in place of waiting-list folks. I'm still waiting for people to back up that allegation.

Not for nothing, but I got a call to that I was able to relocate my seats in the lower bowl from 127 (where visiting teams get tickets) over to 128 and 3 rows closer to the field.

Not for nothing, but I got a call to that I was able to relocate my seats in the lower bowl from 127 (where visiting teams get tickets) over to 128 and 3 rows closer to the field.

Damned VIP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back