PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATs target the Beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
I think he played some TE in high school. .

Uh, oh, tell Vrabel and Ashworth to watch out. If drafted he might cut into their Red Zone TDs....................

Just my $0.02,

This guy doesn't fit our OL profile at all.
Until last year, our OL was developed with nothing but day two picks (excluding Light) because the higher picks were needed at other areas. So if you're talking about having access to nothing but day two calibre players, then your profile makes sense.

But then you seem to argue that this profile is what the Pats always want. I don't think you can make that leap. I see your profile as making the best of a bad situation - i.e. do the best you can while other positions are upgraded. Now that those positions have been upgraded, why can't the Pats switch their profile to something else?

Last edited:
Boston Tim said:
Until last year, our OL was developed with nothing but day two picks (excluding Light) because the higher picks were needed at other areas. So if you're talking about having access to nothing but day two calibre players, then your profile makes sense.

But then you seem to argue that this profile is what the Pats always want. I don't think you can make that leap. I see your profile as making the best of a bad situation - i.e. do the best you can while other positions are upgraded. Now that those positions have been upgraded, why can't the Pats switch their profile to something else?

Excellent Logic Tim!

I agree 100% and those are some thoughts I've had but couldn't articulate
them the way you have.
The answer is yes they can switch and evolve their Oline into something
better .... the next level.

Again bringing the Oline to the next level is the one thing PATs can do that
will have the most signifcant impact in a quest to make the PATs better
this year on both Offense and Defense. IMO.

I am waiting to hear one alternative that should be a higher priority than
an Oline pick in round 1 and reasons to back it up.

charles "too tall" spencer?

huskeralk said:
At 6'5", I think Spencer would be too tall to play guard. With that build he would be better suited at tackle IMO.
if a guy were to be drafted on photogenics alone, i'd love to take "too tall". IMo he's a dead ringer for Joe Greene.

he's got 2 of the essential BB qualities: plays with pain. versatile player.
he's missing these 4: smart. team leader. a little mean. considered quick.
this is very political, but i notice he didn'e make all-big east or all-ECAC his senior year.

huskeralk said:
Now if I can be serious for just a minute. This guy played LT, what does this tell us about the current Tackles? We had Kaczur who played LT last season and Matt Light who was a very solid LT. Is Light on the way out? Or is the plan to move Kaczur inside to guard?

And TedyB was once a DL. They'd figure something out.

Patsfanin Philly said:
Uh, oh, tell Vrabel and Ashworth to watch out. If drafted he might cut into their Red Zone TDs....................

Just my $0.02,

Cut into Ashworth's one? Vrabel is already a legend in New England anyway. :)

what kind of DE?

godef said:
And TedyB was once a DL. They'd figure something out.
Bruschi was a DE on a defense called the "Desert Swarm" for a 9-2 Arizone team. i believe he set the NCAA effin record for sacks in a career. more sacks than anyone else in the history of NCAA Divion ! footbell.

BelichickFan said:
A lot of people thought Kaczur's best spot would be G. And he can play T with Spencer at G too. Bottom line, Belichick would send them all over to Dante and let him sort them out. I doubt that Kaczur is locked in as a starter, either. He did fine for a rookie but let's see if he's better this August.

BBFan -
Kaczur played better than Matt Light did as a rookie. Especially considering that Kaczur had to step in and protect Brady's blind side after seeing time at RT.

I can remember when I was happy that the Pats took Matt Light and had people telling me I was a moron because I thought Light would be a good (not great) LT. It turned out I was right. I think that Kaczur showed me enough last year to say that he has the potential to be BETTER than Light turned out to be. Now, granted that Kaczur is 2 years older than Light was when Light came into the league, but he seems to still have untapped potential. He did very well out there handling Freeney and Abraham on the Left side. Abarham only got his sacks when he lined up opposite the turnstile known as Brandon Gorin.

kaczur showed all this at toledo

DaBruinz said:
BBFan -
Kaczur played better than Matt Light did as a rookie. Especially considering that Kaczur had to step in and protect Brady's blind side after seeing time at RT.

I can remember when I was happy that the Pats took Matt Light and had people telling me I was a moron because I thought Light would be a good (not great) LT. It turned out I was right. I think that Kaczur showed me enough last year to say that he has the potential to be BETTER than Light turned out to be. Now, granted that Kaczur is 2 years older than Light was when Light came into the league, but he seems to still have untapped potential. He did very well out there handling Freeney and Abraham on the Left side. Abarham only got his sacks when he lined up opposite the turnstile known as Brandon Gorin.
as long as Light has been here i've read that patriots envisioned him as a RT, not LT.
Kaczur was like a man among boys at Toledo. in some senses, he was. he was a quintessential BB player. plays with pain. smart. team leader. considered quick. he's all of that here, too.
IMO kaczur will be stronger than Light in September '06. IMO Kaczur is meaner than Light. Todd Light is a very intelligent player. he sees his side of the field, he sees down the O-Line, very well. Kaczur may have that skill in time, but he does not have it now.
IMO kaczur will be dangerous on '06 if he's played on brady's blind side. still too much to learn.
but he's a keeper.

huskeralk said:
At 6'5", I think Spencer would be too tall to play guard. With that build he would be better suited at tackle IMO.

he is our new RUNNING BACK

ilduce06410 said:
as long as Light has been here i've read that patriots envisioned him as a RT, not LT.
Kaczur was like a man among boys at Toledo. in some senses, he was. he was a quintessential BB player. plays with pain. smart. team leader. considered quick. he's all of that here, too.
IMO kaczur will be stronger than Light in September '06. IMO Kaczur is meaner than Light. Todd Light is a very intelligent player. he sees his side of the field, he sees down the O-Line, very well. Kaczur may have that skill in time, but he does not have it now.
IMO kaczur will be dangerous on '06 if he's played on brady's blind side. still too much to learn.
but he's a keeper.

I think you meant Matt Light. Todd Lyght was a CB or a safety I believe. Not sure who he played for.

As for Kaczur not having the skill, well, if he can shut down Dwight Freeney and John Abraham, I would say that he has the skill. But that is just me.

DaBruinz said:
I think you meant Matt Light. Todd Lyght was a CB or a safety I believe. Not sure who he played for.

The Rams, I believe. Disappointing pro.

huskeralk said:
Now if I can be serious for just a minute. This guy played LT, what does this tell us about the current Tackles? We had Kaczur who played LT last season and Matt Light who was a very solid LT. Is Light on the way out? Or is the plan to move Kaczur inside to guard?

Does anyone remember how Light's contract works? We're paying him like near-Brady money.

Belichick needs to look to the future concerning Matt Light. He could have 3-5 great years left in him or he could be injured forever until he retires. Even if it's round 4 or 5 we will draft a Tackle....bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes