PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats talking to Broncos....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like Lelie, the guy is overrated and he has been a bust thus far.

I like Lelie a lot, with him and Branch spreading the field, it will really open up things for Watson underneath. Do it for a fourth, but first see if Stallworth can be had for the same, and if his legal issues will clear.

MrTibbs said:
Denver hasn't had a QB to throw to the guy so the more you think about it this move can have a major impact. Hey, Jake Plummer was throwing to him. If it wasn't a roll out or sprint out Lelie wasn't getting the ball. Denver is mostly a running team with a sprinkle of passing.

Lelie's presence stretched opposing D's and allowed for Plummer to hit Smith on those famous 7-yard crossing routes all day, which is why Smith was a Pro-Bowler last year. You take away Lelie and he has just one read, Smith. Remember the playoff game- those were the only guys he looked at all night.

mavfan2390 said:
I like Lelie a lot, with him and Branch spreading the field, it will really open up things for Watson underneath. Do it for a fourth, but first see if Stallworth can be had for the same,
New Orleans is asking for a first for Stallworth, according to Pete Prisco.

spacecrime said:
New Orleans is asking for a first for Stallworth, according to Pete Prisco.
Good for them, that's why he's still there . . . I think I'll go and ask my boss for a raise to $1M a year and see where that gets me :)

So, did you ask your boss yet?

My boss said...you sure can...when you make your first million.

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
about Ashlee Lelie...according to NFL total access...I believe he had like 40 catches last year.Whats everyone think?
i'd trade a 5th at most for him.

Does anybody know if the Pats have contacted New Orleans about Stallworth????

MrTibbs said:
Denver hasn't had a QB to throw to the guy so the more you think about it this move can have a major impact. Hey, Jake Plummer was throwing to him. If it wasn't a roll out or sprint out Lelie wasn't getting the ball. Denver is mostly a running team with a sprinkle of passing.

While I would like to agree with your assessment of the Denver offense, I can't. Not when Plummer throws 456 times and has 3366 yards.

Also, if you look at the breakdown of Denver's run to pass ratio, I think its highly unlikely that the 57 rushes by Plummer and Bradlee Van Pelt were all designed QB Draws or QB Sneaks. Lets say 50% of them were scripted runs and the others 50% were broken plays. So, we take 29 plays from 542 and you get 513.

513 to 492. A whopping 21 play difference.

Yes, Denver likes to run on 1st down. But you make it seem like Denver runs 60%-70% of the time. And they don't.

Even at the 542 to 465, that isn't a great difference. It means that 55% of the time Denver runs the ball and 45% they pass it.

This team does not need another Bethel Johnson.

You nailed it

shirtsleeve said:
This team does not need another Bethel Johnson.

Word on that Brother! Let's just play the Bethel we have. Damn he's a funny player (Bethel that is) Came on like gangbuster his rookie year and it's been down hill ever since. Maybe he could flourish in another (simpler) system??

I'd trade a 4th and Bethel to take a chance on Lelie. Would anybody else do the same?

chowder said:
I'd trade a 4th and Bethel to take a chance on Lelie. Would anybody else do the same?

No. 10101011010101010101010

I think we're discussing a trade up with Denver as well as inquiring babout Lelie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes