PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats talking to Broncos....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
about Ashlee Lelie...according to NFL total access...I believe he had like 40 catches last year.Whats everyone think?

I'd rather draft Stovall

Ceresco said:
I'd rather draft Stovall
I'd take him for a fifth, or if they really convince me a fourth.

I don't think it'd be too bad. WR does tend to be a tough position to draft for, so if we don't give up to much, why not? I don't really get why Denver would do this though.....Smith isn't getting any younger, so them giving away a young WR now seems like a mistake.

What about a fourth and Bethal Johnson...???

This is just my personal bias talking but: I hate the Bronco's and I hate their coach and I don't want any of their players....... not one....:rocker:

Feep_FLA said:
This is just my personal bias talking but: I hate the Bronco's and I hate their coach and I don't want any of their players....... not one....:rocker:
Yeah, but like him or not Shanahan is a good coach so a player coming from there has had some good coaching - although it makes you wonder why a coach who knows his sh!t has lost interest in the player.

Feep_FLA said:
that'll do pig that'll do....I sure hate them as well:D

Supposedly Denver offered Lelie and a #6 for Javon Walker but were turned down. Maybe GB prefers a pick and this is a possible 3 pronged deal.

Feep_FLA said:

ROTFLMAO!! :rofl:

BelichickFan said:
Supposedly Denver offered Lelie and a #6 for Javon Walker but were turned down. Maybe GB prefers a pick and this is a possible 3 pronged deal.

I just read over at PFT that the Packers want a 1st for Walker.
And they are being STUBBORN about it.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
A league source tells us that the Green Bay Packers want a first-round draft choice for receiver Javon Walker, and that the Pack don't intend to deal him for anything less than that.

Although such talk could merely be puffery, with Green Bay possibly willing to take a two or a three, the Packers have assumed a hard line to date regarding Walker. It wouldn't surprise us at all to see G.M. Ted Thompson dig in his heels, if for no reason other than to prove a point.

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, but like him or not Shanahan is a good coach so a player coming from there has had some good coaching - although it makes you wonder why a coach who knows his sh!t has lost interest in the player.

Here's an article from the Denver Post earlier this month. Apparently he is staying away from the offseason program and demanding to be traded to a team where he can be the #1. Of course to do that he'd have to make the catchable catches a lot more consistently. SF says they turned down an offer from Denver of Lelie for a 2nd round pick last week. Denver offered him to GB with a 6th for Walker. Shannahan is apparently poised to take one of the two WR in the first round Saturday and that would likely move this former first rounder down to 3rd on the depth chart. I recall him being classified as a disappointment in his first two seasons, although he had over a thousand yards in 2004. Lapses in concentration, drops the easy ones, makes the circus ones, gets dinged up easy, gets called for offensive PI a lot (as he should have in that playoff game). But he certainly can stretch the field.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3725256

Yeah, you guys seem to be forgetting that he wanted out of Denver if he isn't going to be #1 (which he never will be). I'm not sure if that kind of power trip would be ideal for us, but he IS a good wideout. And it hurts me to say that since it was against him that Wilson got the infamous pass interference call last year, I'll never forget him looking so injusticed even though there was no interference at all.

I'd take him, but just for a year or two. He's no Deion, and I don't think he'd recognize that.

I think it was Assante Samual that had the call against him, if he and another draft pick could help, im all for it..

Sean Pa Patriot said:

That's not going to work - they already have an agreement in principal to trade Bethel to an unnamed team for a box of kicking tees

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
about Ashlee Lelie...according to NFL total access...I believe he had like 40 catches last year.Whats everyone think?

He'd probably be a serviceable #4 receiver in our current scheme, certainly nothing more.

He has a vastly inflated view of his worth that does not jibe with reality.

That being said, should Denver want a pick for him, the best the Pats could do is a 4th, but a 5th would be more realistic.

Given his performance over the last severral years, and his performance this off-season, this trade is not likely to be made.

As you can doubtless surmise, I'm not really enarmoured of this guy.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

I say what about just a fourth? Why throw in BJ to another AFC team?

Lelie is not a bad wideout, and he actually could provide a new dimension to the NE passing game with his height. One-on-one the guy will pull down the ball. He was supposed to be the guy to replace Rod Smith and he hasn't lived up to those expectations but taking him away will hurt the Denver passing game and if it hurts the Broncos, I'm all for it!

Lelie's hands are unimpressive to say the least. Can't say I'd pay much for him in terms of what picks to give up...

Denver hasn't had a QB to throw to the guy so the more you think about it this move can have a major impact. Hey, Jake Plummer was throwing to him. If it wasn't a roll out or sprint out Lelie wasn't getting the ball. Denver is mostly a running team with a sprinkle of passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes