PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats take S Brandon Meriweather with Pick 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brandon Meriweather!!

Top 15, no way. He might be 20 but I can think of 20 players better than him in this draft.

Too bad Miami didn't take one of them at #9...

I have Meriweather rated as a top 4 talent at safety. Most likely he is just as talented as Griffin, Nelson. It was only the character I was worried about. Well in BB we trust right?

I'll say one thing about this pick, if Meriweather works out he is exactly the kind of coverage safety the Pats need to stop tight ends in the seam. Basically he is our answer to pass happy teams like the Colts.

Last edited:

I really like this pick.....We really need help there....I love Rodney,but he isn't getting any yonger...Who else a better teacher than Rodney....

Yeah, Rodney will keep this litle sh!tbird in line.

Top 15, no way. He might be 20 but I can think of 20 players better than him in this draft.

based on talent alone..all troubles aside he was top 15 pick. gurantee it. i watched him every game at Miami.

He's the guy I wanted!!!!!

I'm not thrilled. The gun charge, okay in Florida you can pretty much get away with sayng you were defending yourself, they love their guns here. The head stomping?? Not loving that at all :mad:

There was no "gun charge". He carries a registered gun. Returned fire in self defense of himself and a teammate, only after they were fired at. Being a in a situation where you may get a gun shot in your direction certainly is fair game, but there is no breaking of the law here.

The helmet stomp was an ugly incident but, in case you didn't notice, there were about 90 or so players on the field fueling the chaos. It was more of a mob mentality than anything. It's understandable to see how anyone could get wrapped up in that sort of scene, though, it's still not excusable.

Despite what others say here, he would've been a top 15 pick if he performed slightly better and didn't have that brawl on his resume. He simply is that talented.

All in all, good pick. The Pats don't draft/sign players who are coming in here with those sort of issues. No posse, no thug life, none of that.

I think BM is an excellent pick. Initially, I wanted Michael Griffin Because he's a bit cleaner, bigger and a demon on special teams. However, I did think that BM would be a better pro because his instincts are just off the chart. Plus with his ability to play corner, he gives the Pats insurance if Gay, Samuel or Wilson leave in '08(remember the Pats can't pay both Asante AND Geno). I really think that BM can be another Ed Reed. Great Pick!

GREAT pick
but now that we traded the other
no harris or woodley :(
Not that I ever root for injuries, but if the 49ers suffer an injury or two at key positions, the Pats could've just turned their 28 pick this year into a top 10 next year -- with the insurance of a 4th rounder this year. You simply can't pass that up no matter who is on the board late in the 1st.

I'm not thrilled. The gun charge, okay in Florida you can pretty much get away with sayng you were defending yourself, they love their guns here. The head stomping?? Not loving that at all :mad:

Seymour stomped on a nother players face? Is he a problem on this team?

It is possible for a player to get caught up in the moment and make a bad decision but still be a good person and the kind of player you would want on your team. The Patriots met with Meriweather multiple times. I trust that they know what they are getting here.

********* ||||| Meriweather did Not Stomp On A Guys Face. A Guys Face Is Not His Legs |||||| ***********

Yeah, you know they did their due dilligence. I was all like "WOW! THey DID it!!!" thinking all the meetings were possibly a feint. I love this pick, for what he brings on the field, and I trust the organization to know what they're doing in terms of the immaturity issue.

You mean when he and his friend were ambushed by a gunman, and he returned fire with his legally owned weapon in a shooting the Miami PD ruled justified? What was the charge again? Oh yea, there was no charge.

He stomped a guy's leg. A ***** move to be sure, but not indicative of character.

Tell us another lie or exagerated story, please.

I like the Merriweather pick. I liked it a lot better when I thought we were going to take Harris at #28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back