PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats take Moss out of Marshall with the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomezcat

Grumpy Englishman.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think this guy Moss could be something of a steal in the 4th. He has good hands, speed, size and wants to win.
The big question I have about him is his level of competition, as well as some off field problems. He put up gaudy numbers for Marshall. 168 receptions for 3,467 yards, and a school record 53 touchdowns, are all great numbers, but how will they translate to the incredibly tough NFL?
I was thinking who this guy reminds me of. There was a guy that Minnesota drafted in '98, whose name escapes me....

he was getting passes from noodle armed chad pennington down there. imagine what he can do with mr. brady!

Last edited:
I think this guy Moss could be something of a steal in the 4th. He has good hands, speed, size and wants to win.
The big question I have about him is his level of competition, as well as some off field problems. He put up gaudy numbers for Marshall. 168 receptions for 3,467 yards, and a school record 53 touchdowns, are all great numbers, but how will they translate to the incredibly tough NFL?
I was thinking who this guy reminds me of. There was a guy that Minnesota drafted in '98, whose name escapes me....

At one point, he was expected to be a top 10 pick. I couldn't believe it when he slid to day 2.

I wonder if this Moss has the same character issues he had in Minnesota and Oakland? Dillon wasn't this bad. I wish you the best with this selection.

There is a bit of a difference...OAK sucks hard.

I wonder if this Moss has the same character issues he had in Minnesota and Oakland? Dillon wasn't this bad. I wish you the best with this selection.

No you don't.

Let's see... Moss' character is a crapshoot. The draft is a crapshoot. Moss has proven elite NFL skills... the draft is a crapshoot... The Pats indemnified themselves against further shenannigans as best they could with Moss... the draft is a crapshoot....

Ryan dude, it's gotta be tough. Hang in there though. We need you guys for the payback game next postseason.

PFnV

PS, all talent aside...(puff puff hold on it's taking me some energy to push all that talent aside....) you still have to perform on the field. We know that. It's not like you can just throw 49 TDs and expect to be crowned SB champ...

Let's see... Moss' character is a crapshoot. The draft is a crapshoot. Moss has proven elite NFL skills... the draft is a crapshoot... The Pats indemnified themselves against further shenannigans as best they could with Moss... the draft is a crapshoot....

Ryan dude, it's gotta be tough. Hang in there though. We need you guys for the payback game next postseason.

PFnV

PS, all talent aside...(puff puff hold on it's taking me some energy to push all that talent aside....) you still have to perform on the field. We know that. It's not like you can just throw 49 TDs and expect to be crowned SB champ...

How much money is Moss owed on the rest of his deal.

All these off-season moves. Man, I think the Colts have turned the tables. They're in the Pats head for sure.

All these off-season moves. Man, I think the Colts have turned the tables. They're in the Pats head for sure.

Ryan - its called competition. The Colts are the champions and the Patriots and everyone else are out to dethrone them.

Do you like competition Ryan? Do you welcome it?

QB12

Thanks for the video clip. Unfortunetly, that is not the same Randy Moss as we have in the present day. He's been a shadow of his former self the past few years. You better hope he gets 10 balls a game or he'll be as useless as tit$ on a bull. Much like he was in O-Town.

He played for the worst team in the league and, this year, had no QB throwing him the ball. I don't think he's a shadow of his former self, I think he's still a legitimate superstar. I don't believe he's the same guy in that video, but... well, we'll see.

The one he signed in Oakland? Who cares, it no longer exists.

The one he signed/will sign in New England? It doesn't matter. It's going to be a one-year deal with a weekly signing bonus. Moss can be cut in half a heartbeat with no consequences. Moss is here for one year, and one year only. He wants to rehab his image for a big payday next year, and I have no problem with he and the Patriots using each other in a mutual booty call relationship.

Last edited:

The one he signed/will sign in New England? It doesn't matter. It's going to be a one-year deal with a weekly signing bonus. Moss can be cut in half a heartbeat with no consequences. Moss is here for one year, and one year only. He wants to rehab his image, and I have no problem with he and the Patriots using each other in a mutual booty call relationship.

Thanks. eom.

The one he signed/will sign in New England? It doesn't matter. It's going to be a one-year deal with a weekly signing bonus. Moss can be cut in half a heartbeat with no consequences. Moss is here for one year, and one year only. He wants to rehab his image for a big payday next year, and I have no problem with he and the Patriots using each other in a mutual booty call relationship.

I think it will have a team option to pick up one or more additional years, though. Much like the Stallworth and Washington deals.

I think it will have a team option to pick up one or more additional years, though. Much like the Stallworth and Washington deals.

If so, it would be at huge, maybe untenable, numbers. Moss and his agent would want to hit UFA next year if he has a stellar season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes