PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats still in the mix for Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stallworth should take a home team discount and play for the Patriots ;)

He is doing what I would do. Get fair market value for his services.

That's all well and good, but he does risk costing himself in the end. For example, let's say the Patriots have made the best offer, but he still doesn't think it's enough. Therefore, he visits five other places in the hopes that he will end up with a better contract. In the meantime, the Patriots don't want to wait for Stallworth b/c he may end up signing somewhere else and all the other FA WRs are gone by then. So, to protect themselves, they sign someone like Washington. Now the offer is off the table and Stallworth may have to sign somewhere else for less money.

Sometimes, a bird in the hand . . .

BTW, I would love to see them sign Stallworth. However, I really don't want them to wait and end up losing out on not only him, but other FAs.

Don't get hopes up too high. Talks are continuing thru the weekend with

Miami.

I never said believe a word Rosenhaus said, but you have to admit, he is doing his job.
His job doesnt involve us liking him. Doesnt involve being accurate in what he tells the media.
It involves one thing, getting the best deal for his player.
So why do you say he is doing his job. Last I checked he not only didn't get the best deal, he didn't get any deal.

So he said the Pats offered $30 mil, 5 yrs, $10 mil guaranteed.

If no one believes him, what is the point. And if some GM does believe that such an offer was made, it is more likely the GM won't bother to try and top an offer like that.

With Drew, I often suspect it is less about the client and more about his enjoying the spotlight.

He certainly didnt get Guss Scott the best deal. Cost him $600,000 bucks.

Sounds like every city Rosenhaus visits is Stallworth's favorite city.

Text:

ESPN NFL Insider
Stallworth exploring options
<Mar. 9> Following visits to New England (Tuesday) and Tennessee (Wedesday), Stallworth continued his free-agent tour on Thursday with a stop in Miami, according to multiple reports.
Stallworth's decision could be delayed by a trip to San Francisco, which has entered the mix late, reports the Boston Herald. The Patriots are believed to be the wide receiver's second choice, behind the Eagles, but Philly doesn't appear to be very interested in re-signing the 26-year-old.

A report surfaced Thursday indicating that Stallworth has received a one-year contract offer from the Eagles, but the Philadelphia Inquirer claims that's not the case. According to the newspaper, Rosenhaus has not spoken to the Eagles since Tuesday

Does anyone out there feel a little apprehensive about signing this guy,as I do? Why did Eagles and Saints not get assertive in attemting to re-sign him? Maybe some locker room issues and off-field (other than substance abuse) CONCERNS???

Does anyone out there feel a little apprehensive about signing this guy,as I do? Why did Eagles and Saints not get assertive in attemting to re-sign him? Maybe some locker room issues and off-field (other than substance abuse) CONCERNS???

reports from the saints were that he was having trouble learning the playbook
and that they felt devery henderson could take on his role just as well
they werent high enough on him to re-sign him after the season
so they traded him figuring might as well get somthin for him rather than have him for one more yr

Stallworth should take a home team discount and play for the Patriots ;)

He is doing what I would do. Get fair market value for his services.

How have the Pats ever been a home team for Stallworth? I don't believe he's ever been in the area until now has he?

How have the Pats ever been a home team for Stallworth? I don't believe he's ever been in the area until now has he?

Yeah but (I assume) the Pats are Brady to Brown's home team.... maybe that's what this mean....

PFnV

I'm not too interested in Stallworth after all this shopping he's doing for himself. I understand why he's doing it please don't explain it. Just a bad feeling.

Michael Smith was on NFL Pulse on ESPN this afternoon predicting Stallworth will end up with the Pats. Says Stallwoth wants to play with Brady and for BB.

No word on whether Stallworth took a dump.

Michael Smith was on NFL Pulse on ESPN this afternoon predicting Stallworth will end up with the Pats. Says Stallwoth wants to play with Brady and for BB.

No word on whether Stallworth took a dump.

yeah i saw that
i think he was just kinda speculating though

If it makes the Pats feel better if I was Donte Stallworth I'd sign with the Pats :) :)

According to a report in todays Miami Herald Stallworth has been negotiating with the Phins since friday afternoon, and they could continue negotiating throughout the weekend.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/37401.html
Saturday, 8 a.m.:

"Mr. Meuller, It's Drew Rosenhaus on the phone for you."

Randy Meuller: "Hi, Drew, what's up?"
(delay while other party is speaking)

RM: "No Drew, I told you, that was our final offer."
(delay)
RM: "I don't care what the Patriots offered, each team has it's own situation and it's own assessment of a player's value. We gave you an offer which represented our position."
(delay)
RM: "Well, if you can get a better offer from San Fran, take it. Good bye."

Saturday 1:09 p.m.
"Mr. Mueller, it's Mr. Rosenhaus again."

RM: "Ugh. Tell him I'm out on the golf course, ok?"

"I did, but he is insisting on talking to you."

RM: "Sheesh. OK, tell him I just walked in."

RM: "Hi again, Drew. What is it this time?"
(delay)
RM: "No it doesn't matter if he promises to do all his offseason workouts in Miami. I know he already has a house here, and the weather's pretty nice here until May."
(delay)
RM: "Drew, let us know if you're going to take the offer on the table. That's it."

To secretary: "I'm going out on an overnight trip on my boat, and I won't be available until 3 p.m. tomorrow."

3:11 p.m Sunday:

To secretary: "It was great to get away from agents and scouting combines for a while. Were there any calls while I was gone?"

Secretary: "Your mother called, and Drew Rosenhaus called 11 times."

RM: "That guy just will not take no for an answer. Alright, I'll call him."

RM To DR: "What now, Drew??"
(delay)
RM: "No, it doesn't matter that Donte hired a publicist. Why should I care about that?"
(delay)
RM: "No I am not impressed at all that Donte has a bunch of cameraman interviewing him while he does situps in his driveway. In fact I think that's kind of ridiculous."
(delay)
RM: "No, I don't care if he promised to dance on the Patriots logo if he scores a touchdown at Gillette Stadium."
(delay)
RM: "No, our offer is what it is. Take it or leave it."

to be continued ...

forget this jerk.

i hope that was true, what i read earlier. about how a free agent has one chance and thats when the pats meet him and if he leaves then that's it. I hope that's true.

I honestly don't want this guy on the team.

I can't believe im saying that. A year ago, before joining this board i would have been ranting and raving about him.

Its amazing how easy some fans are to act like a bunch of jilted lovers.

Its a business decision at the end of the day - Stallworth and his agent will work out what is best for them - the Patriots will work out an offer that is good for them - if the two meet we have a deal.

All this nonsense about the New England issuing ultimatums sounds exteremely emotional i.e non-Patriot.

My opinion is the same as any pther FA move - if the Patriots get him i'll be pleased - because those guys know what they are doing.

Rosenhaus isn't an agent, he's an auctioneer.

I just hate the way it works.
I hate how you find out they're trying to get someone, and it gets
you excited about the thought of signing him, and then your tortured until
you get an answer, and then it stinks if he goes somewhere else.

In a way, you wish the pats would just just go use their resources and force the issue, but you know that's not smart and is a bad precedent, so they can't.

I just wish he cared more about who he'd be playing for then he seems to.
I mean, if I was a player, and getting millions anyway, I'd be all over playing for a team that is so freaking good, and will have such an excellent chance to win it all year after year....

looks like he's gonna opt for the phins cause their gm drafted him, and he has a house there. plus, the phins prob really want him.
damn he would've been a great fit here. I don't want moss.

I just hate the way it works.
I hate how you find out they're trying to get someone, and it gets
you excited about the thought of signing him, and then your tortured until
you get an answer, and then it stinks if he goes somewhere else.

In a way, you wish the pats would just just go use their resources and force the issue, but you know that's not smart and is a bad precedent, so they can't.

I just wish he cared more about who he'd be playing for then he seems to.
I mean, if I was a player, and getting millions anyway, I'd be all over playing for a team that is so freaking good, and will have such an excellent chance to win it all year after year....

looks like he's gonna opt for the phins cause their gm drafted him, and he has a house there. plus, the phins prob really want him.
damn he would've been a great fit here. I don't want moss.

I think he will play in Florida but for one of the other teams...The Tampa Bay Bucs is where I think he ends up at....Don't be surprised if Jax jumps in anytime soon either...any FL team is the likely team to get him.

Its amazing how easy some fans are to act like a bunch of jilted lovers.

Its a business decision at the end of the day - Stallworth and his agent will work out what is best for them - the Patriots will work out an offer that is good for them - if the two meet we have a deal.

All this nonsense about the New England issuing ultimatums sounds exteremely emotional i.e non-Patriot.

My opinion is the same as any pther FA move - if the Patriots get him i'll be pleased - because those guys know what they are doing.

Agreed. Too many are taking this personal. It's just business people. Never fault a player for looking to see what kind of money and team situation is out there for him. And as far as the Patriot FO, if they think this guy would help make the team better, he still would help make this team better if he is visiting Miami-Tenn-SF. If Stallworth wants to come to the Patriots after seeing what's out there for him, you still sign him. I just hope we aren't offering him high up front money. I personally think his track record equals too great a possibility that he will not be consistently contributing. Lastly, do not believe any report that starts off "it is being reported by a source" when it comes to Stallworth. Agents are manipulators of the media and Stallworth's agent is a manipulating snake of the highest order.

Yah, what Lutontown said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye