Pats sign WR Jarred Fayson to Practice Squad, Alex Silvestro cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After releasing Alex Silvestro.

Fayson is a WR. He's 6'0 and 207lbs. He trasfered to Illinois from Florida.

40: 4.38
20: 2.61
10: 1.51
Bench: 21reps
Vertical: 39 inches
Broad: 10'08
Shuttle: 4.31
Three Cone:not listed.

Played WR, RB, KR for the Illini.
Spent part of 2011 with the Colts.

good speedy wr to go against in practice is nice. if he ever gets upgraded hed proably only be a KR.

4.38 speed plus over 200 lbs and can be a return man as well, me likey. I wonder if him and Salas make the team next year. Branch and Welker (or Edelman) will likely be gone next year. Fayson has size AND speed, Salas is even bigger. Watch this video on Fayson, apparently ran a 4.31 as a high school senior !

COOPER SPORTS TRAINING - YouTube

Why hasn't a QB been signed to the PS yet? Brady's & Mallett's arms will fall off their sockets by season's end.

Last edited:
Last I heard, Chris Simms was still a coaching assistant with the Pats. If an arm is needed beyond Mallett to run the scout team, Simms is still only around 32 years old.

Bringing in another wideout...I get the feeling that sadly Deon Branch's career (as well as PT) with the Patriots is pretty much coming to an end--fast.

No surprise really--he just isn't doing squat these days (even in his limited reps). Seems to have finally really fallen off the cliff in terms of what he can do on the field.

Doesn't mean squat if he can't mind meld...How many fast, quick young guys do wr need to see before we realise comfort and trust with Brady is what's really paramount? It's the slow guys who make up for it with precision and/or body control. Lloyd...measurables fairly pedestrian I believe. Branch, Wes, givens, Brown, faulk...give me the heady slow kid with sticky fingers every day while Tf'nB runs the show.

I doubt we dump Edelman if he agrees to reasonable dollars. He's a valuable punt returner/Slot receiver who seems to understand his role in our offense. It's a read dependent offense so it does require processing ability between the ears, something that unfortunately Ocho Cinco never adjusted to. Contrast that with Randy Moss, just shows that Moss wasn't just a freakish athlete, he was also a very intelligent receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back