PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign WR Brandon Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly he had a couple of decent seasons in St. Louis playing on the outside, when Amendola was on the inside as the slot receiver - about 50 receptions, 700 or so yards - i.e., about the numbers Brandon LaFell had with Carolina. Then he had a knee injury and was moved inside to the slot when he signed with Miami.

Maybe the Pats are thinking he's fully recovered now, and would put him outside again?
Or perhaps they're thinking leave him in the slot and he can take Amendola's place for a lot less money?
Or we could call branch back while we're reminiscing about last bands...o ****, that st Louis band was ranked 31st overall....

My dad the Fins fan looooves Gibson. Always complained that he didn't get enough playing time. I have seen flashes of pretty good play out of him. He's no guarantee to make the roster, but I think we'll see him at some point this season.
He's another one of mcd's butt boys. He'll make the team.

Until he has him in some garbage 3rd n short formation with hoomauseless inline, white(vereen replacement) Next to brady in shotgun. Draw up the middle, hooma-useless' man and this chump's converge on the tackle for a loss of 3. Meanwhile, whoever our #1 back is, had been averaging 6 ypc.

Given his competition I'd be surprised if he lines up in anything more than a preseason game for the Patriots. So until final cutdowns at the end of August/beginning of September I will not get excited/upset about players that are here on a veteran minimum contract.

for 825k, can I get some catches like this:
Brandon-Gibson-One-Handed-Catch-St-Louis-Rams.gif
Because that was recent...and the GOAT throws up prayers like that...

The best thing about this time of year is that we get a rare glimpse of what the Hoody really thinks about some of the players on the roster.

For example, he doesn't think much of Tymes. Wasn't wild about Browner. And loves Malcolm Butler.... :)
Watch the sb, kid showed up.

Ya bringing in a guy that has 240 catches in 6 years to potentially be your #4 WR is a real joke.

Just because it isn't a headline move doesn't mean it is a bad move.
I get it now. Josh MC00

Given his competition I'd be surprised if he lines up in anything more than a preseason game for the Patriots. So until final cutdowns at the end of August/beginning of September I will not get excited/upset about players that are here on a veteran minimum contract.
Hooman.

He is not a minimum contract and will be cut if we find a better replacement/need the money. FA just started be patient..
What do hooman and Gibson have in common?

What do hooman and Gibson have in common?
That there is a good chance that both won't be here at the start of the regular season ? That both played under McD with the Rams ? Their **** size ? I don't know.. what's your point ?

Guy caught 240 balls and the reaction is " How will he fit when we already have boyce?" Incredible

I don't see this as a big deal.

Josh didn't want Tyms in camp to compete for the possible #5 WR roster spot, and he wanted Gibson instead.

Or we could call branch back while we're reminiscing about last bands...o ****, that st Louis band was ranked 31st overall....
Doesn't really matter where the team ranked; we'e talking about individuals in the ultimate team sport. You could say the same thing about Carolina's passing game the last few years, but Brandon LaFell had a decent contribution for the Patriots in 2014 - and the previous numbers for LaFell and Gibson were about the same.

This guy may not even make the team (similar to a guy like Torry Holt), but just like so many here twelve months ago were up in arms about LaFell, perhaps Gibson will be a decent addition. If Amendola is released then there is a void, in which case Gibson could conceivably take over that role. And if Gibson is not on the roster on Labor Day, then there was virtually nothing lost in the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back