PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Victor Hobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clady? ...

Yes,As soon as I heard Hobson was signed, Ryan Clady jumps to the top of my mock draft for the Patriots and I think is the favorite right now for NE at #7 IF they stay there

I know the ILB and CB positions are still a bit weak despite today's signing of Hobson and last week of Bryant, but those positions can be picked up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ect:

I think if BB and the FO think Tom Brady is the most important figure on the football field you must make it the MOST important issue to get someone to block in front of him and protect his butt,The right side was adequate during the 18 game win streak but not always the best,especially on the right side and that is where Clady can be the guy unless NE gives up a 2nd or 3rd rounder or something else so that they move up to #2 spot where Jake Long will likely be drafted

It is a great signing, but signing Fernando Bryant didn't mean they weren't going to draft a CB and signing Hobson doesn't mean they will.

Yea, I agree. I still think it's Vernon Gholston and if he's not available then we will trade down - If McFadden is avaiable at 7, then I see a trade with Dallas for their two first round picks.

ILB and CB are still weaker, IMO.

I agree, but I'm not BB/SP's nom de post. Unless either of them are 24 fans, I doubt you are either.:D (I can see BB Tivoing it in the season.)

I don't think Hobson will change how the Pats draft one bit. I still think the Pats need at least one more LB who can start. We also have to face facts that this is probably Bruschi's last year playing and Vrabel isn't all that far behind him. We need to upgrade and add youth to the LB corp. If anything, Hobson always the Patriots to ease any rookie they may add into the playing rotation.

You draft a guy in the top 16 it's a 6 year deal or 17-32 it's a 5 year deal. Both Bryant and Hobson are 1 year contracts. Those signings to me have no impact on what the Pats do with their first round draft choice.

excellent, now just get me goff spikes and C.Long and ill be able to sleep at night

No, you're right. It doesn't mean they will, but the probability is a little higher for CB than it is for LB just because the defensive backfield is still a little more suspect than the LB corps. And am I the only one with reservations when it comes to Hobbs being our number 1? This guy has gotten burned by every good WR in the league (specifically Plaxico Burress in the Super Bowl).

No matter how you feel about Hobbs, I don't think that allowing something like 27 yards receiving with 1 td counts as getting burned. Don't forget that in that game he was the only one in the backfield who made a play and caught the ball when he was in position to do so...

This siging only furthers the point that the Pats will Draft one of Gholston, Groves or Harvey.

Does this mean that Seau's not coming back? That would be too bad!

Nice move this, and he was one of the two realistic FA LB signings I had in mind.

Any thoughts on a the contract? I'm thinking a 1 year 2-3 milllion deal.

lets hope so....the only question is...why only 1 year?

either he wanted a lot, and th epats gave their usual one year prove it for little money deal........or they expect him not to be needed after this year...

i think its the former

Or he wanted one year to prove he's healthy so he can cash in. That is much more likely than either of your scenarios.

Those scouts ratings are awful. How is Vince Wilfork a 75 on the ESPN Scouts Inc ratings? What justifies that, honestly?

This guy was my top free agent target this offseason. He's a very solid LB and is well acquainted with the system. He also always has monster games against the Patriots (single-handedly won the game at Gilette two years ago), so he fit the profile of a Belichick target as well.

Nice, a tackling machine at ILB. Might we have finally found a Ted Johnson replacement?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back