PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign S Tank Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats sign Tank Williams

Rotoworld has Tank in the house

I NEVER SAW THIS COMING. If it's true that is.
I haven't seen it reported anywhere else though.

Last edited:

Really????????

I'm with you...never saw that coming.

Read as Tank Johnson at first.

Young saftey, last productive year was 2 years ago. We'll see how it works.

When I saw that I was thinking of the other Tank.

More safety depth. I don't think it would mean this but I hope it doesn't mean Meriweather is viewed as a serious candidate to start at corner.

Um... wow. Didnt know they wanted more saftey help. Maybe Meriweather to corner is a distinct possibility.

That would be an interesting signing indeed.

Tank Williams from the Bears then went to jail for repeated gun charges and then signed with Dallas last year???? He is a pretty good football player...never saw this coming either.

Tank Williams? What does he bring to the party that we don't already have? Unless the Pats are getting ready to let Rodney go?

Last edited:

I immediately thought of Tank Johnson.

Tank Williams from the Bears then went to jail for repeated gun charges and then signed with Dallas last year???? He is a pretty good football player...never saw this coming either.

No - that's DT Tank Johnson.

That's Tank Johnson.

That was Tank JOHNSON, not Tank Williams.

Tank Williams is a safety that played with Tennessee and then went to the Vikings.

Wrong Tank !!

Patriots signed S Tank Williams, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year contract.
The Vikings wanted to keep him, but he wasn't going back after they signed Madieu Williams. Tank, who plays both safety spots, becomes the favorite to act as the Pats' third safety behind Rodney Harrison and James Sanders. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

never mind...i had the wrong Tank. You guys are quick, thanks

Last edited:
I wanted the Pats to get Tank Williams a few years ago. Granted he hasn't done much the last two years, but if he can return to his old form he is a steal.

I think a lot of people in here are confusing this guy with Tank Johnson - due to the strange amount of shock in here.

Tank Williams? What does he bring to the party that we don't already have? Unless the Pats are getting ready to let Rodney go?

Someone has to replace Wilson.

they'll need depth once merriweather goes to corner this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes