PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign RB Lex Hilliard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another sign that Danny Woodhead's gonna get cut...

You mean let's cut our best third down rb, a dude with a ton of heart who shows up every play and does a very good job. Woodhead is the definition of a patriot

I don't see why this guy would be active. We are fine with Ridley, Boldin and Woodhead. Of course, he may be have brought in to compete with Boldin in practice.

Signing a running back makes sense to me, as a replacement for Demps, as an upgrade from Boldin, or even as a developmental body.

A couple of weeks ago, we were all set with 5 running backs in a team that wanted more emphasis on the run. Demps was put on IR. Vereen is injured. Boldin is certainly upgradable.

Hilliard could be cut later this week if doesn't look good. Also, we could sign one or two more running backs.

Signing a running back makes sense to me, as a replacement for Demps, as an upgrade from Boldin, or even as a developmental body.

A couple of weeks ago, we were all set with 5 running backs in a team that wanted more emphasis on the run. Demps was put on IR. Vereen is injured. Boldin is certainly upgradable.

Hilliard could be cut later this week if doesn't look good. Also, we could sign one or two more running backs.
He might replace Demps spot, but doesn't come close to replacing what Demps could of done. IMO Bolden has more upside then Hilliard at this point. 3 years in the league and he was unemployed up until today, so I'm not sure how that is an upgrade from Bolden?

Haven't followed Lex a ton in Miami, but I've tried since he's a former Montana Grizzly.

Really big, thick guy... met him in person on campus once and he's an intimidating guy for sure, and he's only gotten bigger. Hits the hole well, good vision... decent speed, but not particularly quick. Will be interesting to see how he gets used if he can stick around.

I doubt he'll be on the team for very long.

Haven't followed Lex a ton in Miami, but I've tried since he's a former Montana Grizzly.

Really big, thick guy... met him in person on campus once and he's an intimidating guy for sure, and he's only gotten bigger. Hits the hole well, good vision... decent speed, but not particularly quick. Will be interesting to see how he gets used if he can stick around.

He is a very poor man's version of Ricky Williams. He could be ok, if he is used right.

The only thing I can think of, is maybe he's a good at pass protection?

Ridley's had some issues from what I've read, haven't seen enough from Vareen and Bolden, and Woodhead tries like hell, but he just can't hold up.

The only thing I can think of, is maybe he's a good at pass protection?

Ridley's had some issues from what I've read, haven't seen enough from Vareen and Bolden, and Woodhead tries like hell, but he just can't hold up.

I see him and Boldin as trading off at the goal line when they have to make a 1 or 2 yard plunge/ram/wham/whatever. Think bowling ball, etc.

Having said that, there's no way that Woodhead is cut. No way.

I see him and Boldin as trading off at the goal line when they have to make a 1 or 2 yard plunge/ram/wham/whatever. Think bowling ball, etc.

I cannot see him and Bolden both being on the roster on Sunday.

Re: Pats cut C Tennant sign RB Lex Hilliard

Where's the guy that said Tennant is going to start for the Pats?

That was me I will admit my wrong. I really had high hopes for him.

Do the New England Patriots really need to activate four running backs on game day? :confused:

Last edited:

I wasnt' suggesting Woodhead gets cut, I'm just guessing that maybe Hilliard is the best pass protecting RB on the roster. Woodhead is obviously the worst, but contributes in other ways.

Of course not. But there is nothing wrong with having 4 healthy running backs, in case one is injured.

Do the New England Patriots really need to activate four running backs on game day? :confused:

Last edited:
I was really, really hoping that the headline read:
Pats sign RB/FB from 2008 draft class...Jacob Hester.

I wasnt' suggesting Woodhead gets cut, I'm just guessing that maybe Hilliard is the best pass protecting RB on the roster. Woodhead is obviously the worst, but contributes in other ways.

Woodhead isn't obviously the worst when it comes to pass pro, not by a long shot. He's definitely better than Vereen in that area. There's a reason he's the 3rd down back.

i know im coming off as a big woodhead nut, but honestly the guy is so freaking underrated hes a match up nightmare for teams, about his blocking sure he isnt the biggest but neither was faulk. and he has proven he doesnt shrink he played good in the superbowl 4-42 yards 10.5avg 19-long 1td not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back