PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Sign Griff Whalen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It....is.....unfortunate......

buttfumble-2.gif
Also a classic, but not in the same league as The Buttfumble.

I need you guys to quit posting this. Still can't believe he did that and I just literally saw 2-minutes of my life tick away watching this over and over, and I laughed each and every time. My wife was like, "what is wrong with you?'

As good as the Buttfumble was it still needs its place in the whole context of what happened to be truly appreciated:
1) NE scores a TD, kicks off to NYJ.
2) A few plays after the kickoff, Buttfumble!
3) On the kickoff after Buttfumble the returner fumbles the ball into the air, right into a running Edelman's arms. TD!

And personally for me the best part of Buttfumble! wasn't the fumble itself but rather was the point where Sanchez, who had gotten himself onto his stomach and had his head up looking at the play, sees the NE defender grab the ball and does a headdesk on the turf as his spirit leaves his body.

As good as the Buttfumble was it still needs its place in the whole context of what happened to be truly appreciated:
3) On the kickoff after Buttfumble the returner fumbles the ball into the air, right into a running Edelman's arms. TD!

And personally for me the best part of Buttfumble! wasn't the fumble itself but rather was the point where Sanchez, who had gotten himself onto his stomach and had his head up looking at the play, sees the NE defender grab the ball and does a headdesk on the turf as his spirit leaves his body.
The best part about the Buttfumble, for me, is this: if you made a comedy/sports-spoof movie and put this in there, you'd laugh and say that's funny. But somebody would end up saying, "it's funny, but it'd never happen in professional football"

The best part about the Buttfumble, for me, is this: if you made a comedy/sports-spoof movie and put this in there, you'd laugh and say that's funny. But somebody would end up saying, "it's funny, but it'd never happen in professional football"
It's no longer professional football once the Jets are involved.

And just to add to it, it was a long 83 yard TD!

I think I laughed hardest when the ball popped into the air like a watermelon seed. I was already laughing and I almost choked on that one.

I think I laughed hardest when the ball popped into the air like a watermelon seed. I was already laughing and I almost choked on that one.

Exactly. When that happened I about died laughing. I literally could not stop laughing for a couple of minutes and was laughing so hard I was crying.

Anybody else have a feeling Keshawn Martin is on the outs with BB?

This youtube clip has all of the plays highlighted. I'd mute it to get rid of the irritating music.

Great background info from Reiss' todays quick-hits:

While the potential return of receiver Keshawn Martin seemed to make a lot of sense for the Patriots -- he has knowledge of the system and punt-return experience -- the team instead signed Griff Whalen on Thursday. I later learned that Martin wasn’t an option for the team because of a grievance situation, as he had sustained a leg/foot injury in the preseason finale and was released Sept. 4. So the sides weren’t going to come together again. Whalen, meanwhile, had gone through one workout since being released by the Chargers on Nov. 22, and it was with the Jets.

While the potential return of receiver Keshawn Martin seemed to make a lot of sense for the Patriots -- he has knowledge of the system and punt-return experience -- the team instead signed Griff Whalen on Thursday. I later learned that Martin wasn’t an option for the team because of a grievance situation, as he had sustained a leg/foot injury in the preseason finale and was released Sept. 4. So the sides weren’t going to come together again. Whalen, meanwhile, had gone through one workout since being released by the Chargers on Nov. 22, and it was with the Jets.

Well that's too bad. I liked Martin.

I'm not sure what that means? Is there acrimony which is why they can't cut a deal? Are the injury settlement discussions in arbitration?

We've seen if BB thought a player can help the team he was willing to let bygones by bygones.

I'm not sure what that means? Is there acrimony which is why they can't cut a deal? Are the injury settlement discussions in arbitration?

We've seen if BB thought a player can help the team he was willing to let bygones by bygones.

Why would BB be mad? Seems pretty obvious the upset party is Martin because he got cut instead of put on IR or just held on the 53 until healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back